How do u go out alone with baby?

hi,

May i know how do all of u go out alone with baby? I have this problem. I seems to be locking at home. Going out with baby is a problem. My baby is 2 months old and he is 7.1 kg. I can't go places like orchard because it is for too long or too far because he is too heavy using a carrier. I feel so tired after walking for some distance. I can't carry pram and baby and bags alone.

What should I do? I need to unwind.

Last edited:

lis

hi,

May i know how do all of u go out alone with baby? I have this problem. I seems to be locking at home. Going out with baby is a problem. My baby is 2 months old and he is 7.1 kg. I can't go places like orchard because it is for too long or too far because he is too heavy using a carrier. I feel so tired after walking for some distance. I can carry pram and baby and bags alone.

Hi..i'm married..but i often go out on my own w bb..coz hb owaes bz w work..so i owaes get bored staying at hm..
I will use pram wen i'm out w him..i used to stay at hougang ave 1..which is near to kovan..so i'll walk for 5-10 mins to kovan stn..i'll go out using public transport ol the way..i mean train la..bus abit hard la wen he was younger..can't possibly carry him..pram..n bag..furthermore,i was using a big n heavy pram u noe..'Baby's 1st'..so if take train no nid to fold the pram mahz..hehe..ez rite..? i do alot of xercising wen i do tat..

but now..it's much easier for me..he's 14mths old oleady..i used maclaren stroller..which is quite handy to use..the stoller is quite small..so can fit the bus aile without folding it..hehe..the bus captain oso can't say aniting..unless it's relli crowded,i'll fold the stroller..carry it on my right arm..den i'll carry the bag n my son on the other arm..like "super mummy" ehk..?? hehe..tat's wot my hubby call me..can manage on my own.. :001_302:

but iv u relli feel bored,nid co to go out w..u can ask me along..i anitym oso can..except wknd la..hehe... :tlaugh:i'll help u..

Angelmum

Hi..i'm married..but i often go out on my own w bb..coz hb owaes bz w work..so i owaes get bored staying at hm..
I will use pram wen i'm out w him..i used to stay at hougang ave 1..which is near to kovan..so i'll walk for 5-10 mins to kovan stn..i'll go out using public transport ol the way..i mean train la..bus abit hard la wen he was younger..can't possibly carry him..pram..n bag..furthermore,i was using a big n heavy pram u noe..'Baby's 1st'..so if take train no nid to fold the pram mahz..hehe..ez rite..? i do alot of xercising wen i do tat..

but now..it's much easier for me..he's 14mths old oleady..i used maclaren stroller..which is quite handy to use..the stoller is quite small..so can fit the bus aile without folding it..hehe..the bus captain oso can't say aniting..unless it's relli crowded,i'll fold the stroller..carry it on my right arm..den i'll carry the bag n my son on the other arm..like "super mummy" ehk..?? hehe..tat's wot my hubby call me..can manage on my own.. :001_302:

but iv u relli feel bored,nid co to go out w..u can ask me along..i anitym oso can..except wknd la..hehe... :tlaugh:i'll help u..

me2 out with a pram. No pram I die cos so many things to carry + DD 20kg

Angelmum

My unit has no lift landing (2nd floor). And not walking distance to MRT station. How should I manage this?

Last time my unit also not lift landing, climb up/down 1 floor - carry pram & bb. Want to go out must be muscle woman 1st. :001_302:

I ever buy an umbrella stroller that is just nice to climb up/down the stairs, means yr wheels land nicely on 2 steps. Forgot brand

I purposely got a super light n small stroller to sling on my shoulder den carry bb to take feeder bus. I avoid peak hrs cos hard to get up n down. Now buses r more spacious + some with a spacious space instead of seats. If i had that old pram again, I actually could board a TIBS without folding.

Otherwise, I go to places that offers free stroller rental such as IMM

Last edited:

autumn82

hi,

May i know how do all of u go out alone with baby? I have this problem. I seems to be locking at home. Going out with baby is a problem. My baby is 2 months old and he is 7.1 kg. I can't go places like orchard because it is for too long or too far because he is too heavy using a carrier. I feel so tired after walking for some distance. I can't carry pram and baby and bags alone.

Hi,

My DS is coming 4mths old now, shld be ard 7kg+ now. I always bring my DS out in baby carrier coz more convenient to move ard (also sick of staying home). Prob u can try to train alittle, think when the time comes, u will be used to it le. :)

My gf has 3 kids. 7yrs, 5yrs & coming 2yrs bb. She lives on the 3rd floor no lift. She cannot stand to stay at home & will always meet me, bb & sometimes 1 or both other kids in tow. She often bring a lightweight pram with her & regularly takes the train. Bus is difficult with all 3 kids though. I don't know how she does it but she never fails to amaze me each time.

i can never survive w/o my stroller becos i get tired easily carrying bb myself. plus my stroller's a HUGE SPACESHIP. can put a lot of things!

have yet to take public transport tho becos train station is only accessible via bus (i can't stand neighbourhoods tt require feeder services to ferry passengers to interchanges / train stations ... becos doesn't it somehow defeat the purpose of the mrt system??) so when i'm out alone with bb, i either walk the way (pushed bb to interchange & back b4 ... half hour each time) or take the cab.

need to enlist help of cabbie to fold stroller tho.

NuR_iRfAn

I'm always out wif bb alone...Using the carrier n cant managed alone wif pram..heheheh
very bulky...

Lately,i go public mean bus/mrt....

I use to bring my boy out alone.

I get those foldable stroller that can sling to the shoulder and also carry a bagpack behind me for all the misc.

My place at 4th level no lift so I carry him, sling the stroller and carry my bagpack down... if not, i will be muscle lady, carry him together in the stroller down...

My mom managed to push the stroller down the steps..... step by step..... wonder how much time she used...

My house need to walk to the bus stop and take a feeder bus too.

B4 the bus arrive, I will carry him out first and fold the stroller up and sling on. (that is when he already know how to sit and I put him sit on the seats at the bus stop)

Then i carry everything up the bus...... only choose those seats that have 2 seats facing the other 2 seats at the front of bus.

So far managed well..... and he already 7!

CanCanMum

hi,

For babies below 6m its beta to put them in a sling or stroller to go out...coz their neck is still unstable...putting in bb carriers are not suitable yet...also yrs being a big baby is difficult to sling...stroller oso heavy and difficult to manage alone....one thing to start maybe is tat u put him in a stroller and just go walk walk around the neighbourhood areas so tt u could breathe some fresh air rather than always being cooped up at home. Get those strollers tat are not too heavy so tt u can still manage to carry it down the steps to ground floor.

When yr boy is older, like 4-5months onwards u can put him on a carrier...tho its heavy, maybe u can get those backpack carrier...those with a seat behind...but those are oso heavy...so bb wt + carrier wt oso difficult....but carrying on the back is beta than in front with a big baby.

i Dun rem bringg bb out alone when he was less than 4m coz too hard to handle for me alone....so i onli started when he was 4m onwards. I put him on a carrier in front, bring a sling bag and off we go... but we dun go too far...just those neighbourhood centrals (Toa payoh central) and somewhere not too far (less than 30mins travelling time). I continued like tat till he can walk on his own....my boy was 8kg when he was around 5-6m.

For babies below 6m its beta to put them in a sling or stroller to go out...coz their neck is still unstable...putting in bb carriers are not suitable yet...also yrs being a big baby is difficult to sling...stroller oso heavy and difficult to manage alone....one thing to start maybe is tat u put him in a stroller and just go walk walk around the neighbourhood areas so tt u could breathe some fresh air rather than always being cooped up at home. Get those strollers tat are not too heavy so tt u can still manage to carry it down the steps to ground floor.

When yr boy is older, like 4-5months onwards u can put him on a carrier...tho its heavy, maybe u can get those backpack carrier...those with a seat behind...but those are oso heavy...so bb wt + carrier wt oso difficult....but carrying on the back is beta than in front with a big baby.

i Dun rem bringg bb out alone when he was less than 4m coz too hard to handle for me alone....so i onli started when he was 4m onwards. I put him on a carrier in front, bring a sling bag and off we go... but we dun go too far...just those neighbourhood centrals (Toa payoh central) and somewhere not too far (less than 30mins travelling time). I continued like tat till he can walk on his own....my boy was 8kg when he was around 5-6m.

Yes, he is only 2 months old and still need to support his neck. Yet he is already 7.1kg. I usually carry him with 2 hands. So there left with no hands for stroller (bag still can carry on shoulder, so still ok). I have a carrier that can put baby on a sleeping position. I do use that for going out for short distance e.g. see doc or take jab. Shopping for half day with that seems too hard for me (backache).

I guess I still need to build up my muscle hah!

Hey, check if all mommies here. I have backache when using the carrier. My brother who help me to carry him (with carrier) has the same problem too. Any idea why is that so?

Thanks for sharing

CanCanMum

i had tat too...its due to the weight in front being pulled downwards and while we carry we normally use our back to straighten to counter-weight the load...hence most of the strain is on the back and shoulders.

i have backache too when my boy wants me to carry him....cannot carry more than 200metres, sure kenna backache.

autumn82

I'm still fine leh... Been using carrier since 6weeks old.. Can go shop for whole day leh.. :x The carrier got gd back support is important..

CanCanMum

i oso notice some carriers looked comfy coz i see the parents carry Ultra BIG baby oso ok...wat brand is tat? Coz mine wasnt good enuf and my boy oso quite big tat time.

I'm still fine leh... Been using carrier since 6weeks old.. Can go shop for whole day leh.. :x The carrier got gd back support is important..
My baby is only 2 months old. Mine is the baby carrier that can carry him in the lying down position in front. Still can't use those that carry him at the back. Will Sling or pouch reduce the backache problem?

Porukadotzu

this is interesting.. i'm not single parents, but i always want to take my baby out by myself and can't figure out how haha..

my bb now 3 mth and weight around 4-5 kg.. she still can't make her head stand steady so i'm kinda scared put her in baby carrier coz when i put her in a chair she also sit leaned to the left or right not straight.. so i thought her back may be aching if i put her sitting upright for sometime..

so the best way is to put her in stroller..

i also think if going out by bus would be a trouble with my heavy stroller (haiizz my hubby idea to buy this one)..

CanCanMum

yeah its definitely not easy to board a bus with a baby inside a stroller or with a baby in hand and then with a stroller...u gotta figure out how in the hell to manage both....and taking in mind nowadays all the kiasu pple want to board the bus 1st....dunno why they think number 1 is the best???? They dun really cared to let needy pple board 1st...

HAhas...but there are exceptions too la...see if got kind hearted pple will help u carry the stroller up the bus then u manage the bb...and oso see if the bus driver got stop and wait 4 u to sit down anot la...or lagi worst if got pple gv up their seats for u if its crowded....

so its still beta and easier with a sling or bb carrier...perhaps get one tat has good back support like wad autumn suggests...

amiee40

A good back support bb carrier is Baby Bjorn Synergy.. its available at Mothercare for $300. I bought one, the material is made from mesh, so not too hot and the bb can be front facing or back facing for younger babies who cannot support their heads yet.

My stroller is too big for MRTs and buses, i've got one of those Bugaboo ones.

Even i am taking MRT using a bb carrier, some ppl are still rude and do not offer seats to me, just pretend to be asleep.

BudgetMum

hi,

not sure how much things u bring during outing -- for a 2-3 mths old should take too much things esp if u r bfeeding

i usually ask for hot water in fastfood restaurants and keep it in cooler/warmer bag -- last around 2.5-3 hrs (just right temp 4 the next feed)

no need to much clothing, probably 1 set to change & a few diapers (usually 3 is sufficient)

the only concern is that no lift landing all the time -- to equip a handy pram (i'm using combi) & a carrier. eg i use a carrier to carry my bb to wait for bus & when i reach the mrt station, i switch to pram. -- this method last me till my DS is abt 18 mths till he can walk, so i no need to worry where to 'park' him when i want to fold the pram.

hope it helps.