How do u go out alone with baby?

BudgetMum

My baby is only 2 months old. Mine is the baby carrier that can carry him in the lying down position in front. Still can't use those that carry him at the back. Will Sling or pouch reduce the backache problem?
there is no need to change, i guess ur bb is simply too heavy 4 u. u just need to practise a few times & try to take less things out & use a backpack instead.

my DS was not that heavy but after i gave birth, i'm much weaker than b4 & i was quite reluctant to bring him out most times if i hav to carry him. i used the sling & still experience pain after each use (also it rest on 1 side whereas carrier distribute the weight to 2 sides)

luckily my DS loves the pram so much unlike my DD!

wenz

how come all the BB here are so 'heavy weight' makes my DD looks so small, she's 2 now and only 10.xx kgs... very small build...

i used to go out alone with her also, will bring pram, need to carry down 3 storey to reach lift level... i usually take cab to and fro nearby mall for walk... have to carry BB, pram and bag alone... but after a few times it manageable already... hehe

when BB grow older will be more easy... this need more practise to get used... haha tat's why we are all mightly MUMMies!

CanCanMum

very small meh????

i just weight my son on monday~

he weights 14kg, now 3 year old....

at first i saw 25???!!! But wrong matrix....its pounds....tot my son is 25kg.

small anots????

wenz

i dunno leh cos they say their baby weight like 7kgs etc... but mine is 2 and only 10kgs + so like very light... never grow up like tat... haha but 14kgs for 3 yr old, i also dunno leh... how to measure ah?

CanCanMum

but i tell u he is v hard to carry lor....carry him now is like.....dunno how to describe....can kenna serious backache lor...LOLs

wenz

ya... i had backache since day 1 till now... now more worst, preg with another BB still need to carry her in the morning to my auntie hse.... stress~~~

wenz

she usually cannot wake up in the morning... tried waking her up but she still doze off, so i had to carry her if not will be late for work! but other time i try not to carry her, let my hubby carry... only every morning no choice~

jtay72

my baby is getting heavy now that i can't use a baby sling anymore. and he doesn't like to sit in the stroller for too long, and often i have to carry him around while i shop. lately, hubby has been home so we are able to go out, now just thinking if he has to be away for a while, i don't know how to handle going out alone with my baby. i can't stay home all the time, will go nuts!

Zaydenlove

for me, i bring both the sling and pram.

Like you, my house is not near the MRT or interchange. So when i bring my twins out.. I usually take a bus to the MRT station. Since its short distance from my house to the bus stop, I usually will carry them via the sling, while waiting the bus and while in the bus. Only after i've reached the MRT station then do I offload them into the pram LOL. I use a lightweight backpack for their things, or i just dump it under the pram once it's open. With a pram, no need to carry your bags etc. Unless you have a handbag. But for me, I now tend to stuff all things into a small pouch that I can stuff into my pocket/waist pouch HAHA.

I'm a single mom as well. Been bringing my boys out right after confinement! :D

JIAYOU!

Zaydenlove

o ya, you can also try leaving ur bb to sleep in the pram sometimes. Get him used to lying and sleeping alone in the pram. Cos maybe he's used to falling asleep when u carry him. or he's used to just being close to u?

how come all the BB here are so 'heavy weight' makes my DD looks so small, she's 2 now and only 10.xx kgs... very small build...

i used to go out alone with her also, will bring pram, need to carry down 3 storey to reach lift level... i usually take cab to and fro nearby mall for walk... have to carry BB, pram and bag alone... but after a few times it manageable already... hehe

when BB grow older will be more easy... this need more practise to get used... haha tat's why we are all mightly MUMMies!
My baby is now 4 months and weight 8.5kg. Now i hardly carry him. Going out with a pram ia nearly impossible. I dun know why my baby is still very "soft". still can't sit upright ... will still slip down. Using a carrier that carry him in the lying position is no longer possible because he is already 67cm. I wonder if I can carry him upright infront with the head support?

CanCanMum

My baby is now 4 months and weight 8.5kg. Now i hardly carry him. Going out with a pram ia nearly impossible. I dun know why my baby is still very "soft". still can't sit upright ... will still slip down. Using a carrier that carry him in the lying position is no longer possible because he is already 67cm. I wonder if I can carry him upright infront with the head support?
babies only sit upright at around 8 months...

as soon as he can support his neck its safe to put inside a bb carrier infront w head support.

i put mine infront at 3 months. He was weighing 6kg+ and length was also 60+cm. My boy was 52cm at birth.

autumn82

Haha. Yesterday went to PD, my DS weigh 7.64kg but my DD weighs 17kg now.. *faintz* Soon gonna be 2 BIG pack of rice. LOL.

Last edited:

CanCanMum

Haha. Yesterday went to PD, my DS weigh 7.64kg but my DD weighs 17kg now.. *faintz* Soon gonna be 2 BIG pack of rice. LOL.

kekekekeke......i believe yr DD is 17kg.....kekekek

but yr DS i carry tat day quite ok leh....dun feel like 7.64kg worh.....kekekkee

miss those baby days...

NuR_iRfAn

I'm always out wif bb alone...Using the carrier n cant managed alone wif pram..heheheh
very bulky...

Lately,i go public mean bus/mrt....

Now,i'm always out with bb using pram..no more carrier as i got backache as baby growing...

I will hail a cab drop at any MRT stn nearby...
wen baby start to cried i will carry him & push the pram at the another hand....

-SRI-

I been started to use carrier when she is 3mths old.... she weigh 6kg by tt time... heavy!! buay tahan.... but wat to do.. I always go out alone wit DD... cant possibly use pram as i need to fold it if take bus... and hor.... use pram can be irritating at times!!! esp when ppl don give way... those are young & nt physically unable will use the mrt lift & i need to wait for another lift... worst! some ppl so inconsiderate use the one to tap in & out the mrt card tt specially built for the stroller... haiz....

after some time u'll get used to it ba....takes time to built up ur stamina... hehehe... oh ya, i wear flat shoes... to prevent myself frm over exhausted... :)

CanCanMum

I been started to use carrier when she is 3mths old.... she weigh 6kg by tt time... heavy!! buay tahan.... but wat to do.. I always go out alone wit DD... cant possibly use pram as i need to fold it if take bus... and hor.... use pram can be irritating at times!!! esp when ppl don give way... those are young & nt physically unable will use the mrt lift & i need to wait for another lift... worst! some ppl so inconsiderate use the one to tap in & out the mrt card tt specially built for the stroller... haiz....

after some time u'll get used to it ba....takes time to built up ur stamina... hehehe... oh ya, i wear flat shoes... to prevent myself frm over exhausted... :)
yeah this one i agree....those youngsters or other inconsiderates like to block the way or dunno why like to use the lift or go thru the wider gantry in the mrt stations ever though their hands are free!