How do wake baby up?

mskathy

Hihi,

My baby has problem of waking up in the nite and zzz in the day.. hence I'm trying out a schedule now to wrk this out..

In order to do so, I must play with baby and feed the baby at certain time. But I'm not able to play with bb cos she is zzz.. I've tried to sing song, carry her, massage her feet.. but in vain..

Does any1 know how to play or wake bb up?

Thanks a lot..

Porukadotzu

Hihi,

My baby has problem of waking up in the nite and zzz in the day.. hence I'm trying out a schedule now to wrk this out..

In order to do so, I must play with baby and feed the baby at certain time. But I'm not able to play with bb cos she is zzz.. I've tried to sing song, carry her, massage her feet.. but in vain..

Does any1 know how to play or wake bb up?

Thanks a lot..
newborn is like tat, wake up at night and sleep in the day, coz your baby still dunno night and day. soon they will know naturally.
To open your window or put her at a bright room with sounds at day time and put her in a quite dark and quiet place at night time might help.. so ur baby the difference.
don't worry she will eventually be in a normal wake up and sleep time soon.

SH74

i used to hv this prob also.

wat i did was to bring my boy out for walks in the day. n also aft my hb comes back fr work. do it for a few weeks. it works for my boy.

mskathy

ok ok.. prev i on my bedrm light thru out the nite cos got to breastfeed her and she wake up so often in the nite... so mayb she dun feel the dif.. now i used nite light instead.. mayb tat helps.. i also open the window these days in the day...

really need more zzz.. i'm taking care of my bb alone now.. its very tiring... moreover i got 2 pets @ hm..

between.. do you know how to lose weight? I've given birth in sept and till now my tummy still big big 1... sob sob...

Porukadotzu

hope this helps, found it on UCSF Children's Hospital | Your Baby at 2 Months

Sleeping
Here are some things that you can do now that will prevent your baby from having problems sleeping in the future.
  • Try not to feed your baby more frequently than every two hours during the day. Babies who eat frequently during the day will normally wake up to eat frequently at night.
  • Try to have your baby go to bed at the same time each night.
  • Try not to wake up your baby at night -- try not to turn on the light and don't talk to your baby when you go in to check on him or her. This will help your baby realize that nighttime is not a very interesting time to be awake.
  • Try to delay or shorten middle-of-the-night feedings. If you are breastfeeding, try nursing from just one side. If you are bottle-feeding, do not make your baby finish the bottle.
  • Try not to change your baby's diaper at night, unless your baby has a diaper rash. You can use extra diaper liners if necessary.
  • If possible, put your baby to bed when he or she is slightly drowsy but still awake. Your baby may be restless and cry a little before falling asleep, but it is important for your baby to learn that he or she can calm down and fall asleep on his or her own.

Porukadotzu

ok ok.. prev i on my bedrm light thru out the nite cos got to breastfeed her and she wake up so often in the nite... so mayb she dun feel the dif.. now i used nite light instead.. mayb tat helps.. i also open the window these days in the day...

really need more zzz.. i'm taking care of my bb alone now.. its very tiring... moreover i got 2 pets @ hm..

between.. do you know how to lose weight? I've given birth in sept and till now my tummy still big big 1... sob sob...
i also taking care of baby alone:001_302:

do u every try to wear those tight panties after birth?

littlerat

haizzz all mummies ... we have the same prob ... :tno:
For the initial several days, my baby boy was really good, feed quite well on the day and slept quite long in the nighit. So we thought that we are really lucky to have it this way. But who knows, recently which is on his day 12 after his birth, things start to change, problems start to pop out. He always sleep long hours during day and we didn't wake him up at regular interval for feeding and worse in the night. Always awake and when we latch him onto the breast, he suck for 2-3 min and he doze off but unlatch him, he start to wake up and make all sort of noise.
I really scared that the latching too often will make it a pacifier him than we die liao. Like yesterday, day time still ok not sleeping alot but at night still don't want to sleep, making me accompany him from 1am to 5am ...
wah very tiring.

Will try the methods mention in previous post but dunno how well it will work for the baby .... haizzzz

lis

wah..lyk tat..for ma case..i'm v 'heng' le..coz since birth..ma son doesn't wake up in the nite..even thou he sleep thru the day..the most is i'll give him the last feeding ard 11-12 pm..den he''ll sleep thru the nite untill nxt morning..he'll wake up lyk 6-7am..hehe..den i'll play w him until he's quite 'drowsy'..bath him ard 9-10am..feed him..den give him nap tym.. :001_302:

littlerat

wah..lyk tat..for ma case..i'm v 'heng' le..coz since birth..ma son doesn't wake up in the nite..even thou he sleep thru the day..the most is i'll give him the last feeding ard 11-12 pm..den he''ll sleep thru the nite untill nxt morning..he'll wake up lyk 6-7am..hehe..den i'll play w him until he's quite 'drowsy'..bath him ard 9-10am..feed him..den give him nap tym.. :001_302:
aiyoh ... you so lucky ...

haizzz all mummies ... we have the same prob ... :tno:
For the initial several days, my baby boy was really good, feed quite well on the day and slept quite long in the nighit. So we thought that we are really lucky to have it this way. But who knows, recently which is on his day 12 after his birth, things start to change, problems start to pop out. He always sleep long hours during day and we didn't wake him up at regular interval for feeding and worse in the night. Always awake and when we latch him onto the breast, he suck for 2-3 min and he doze off but unlatch him, he start to wake up and make all sort of noise.
I really scared that the latching too often will make it a pacifier him than we die liao. Like yesterday, day time still ok not sleeping alot but at night still don't want to sleep, making me accompany him from 1am to 5am ...
wah very tiring.

Will try the methods mention in previous post but dunno how well it will work for the baby .... haizzzz

babies schedule will change when they reach around 2 weeks - they'll start to be more alert & be awake more. & more & more gradually throughout.

you need to slowly train your bb to distinguish night from day. most babies will be able to with proper training - even the fussy ones. don't worry if your baby is a little "haywire" at first ... she's trying to settle down into "this world" (in your tummy, she didn't have any problems!).

littlerat

babies schedule will change when they reach around 2 weeks - they'll start to be more alert & be awake more. & more & more gradually throughout.

you need to slowly train your bb to distinguish night from day. most babies will be able to with proper training - even the fussy ones. don't worry if your baby is a little "haywire" at first ... she's trying to settle down into "this world" (in your tummy, she didn't have any problems!).
However, it seems like my bb is going the other way round leh. First 2 weeks he is still doing very well (awake at day and sleep at night), but now he is sleeping in day and awake at night.
But how do you train your bb to distinguish night from day?
Most of the time my bb is staying in the aircon room, if I don't get out of the room, adults like me also hard to differentiate day and night, let alone the baby? :p

Any advise?

mskathy

hi porukadotzu.. nope i din wear any tight panty..

my bb is starting to zzz longer in the nite after i try to expose her by putting her zzz near the window in the day.. but her latching pattern has changed.. she now latch abt every 30mins... even my nipple start to hurts..

littlerat

Will baby start to change sleeping pattern so early?
My baby is only at his 21 days and for 2 nights, he had been sleep very long at night, abt 3-4 hours then wake up for a feed, so in the end, he only got 2 feed throughout the night. Also, he have been sleeping less and feeding more often (2 hour) in the day and getting more fustrated to get to sleep.
Will baby at such an early stage sleep so much?

mskathy

hi littlerat.. i think bb grow at individual speed.. the more feeds is beta lah.. show yr bb growing up faster mah.. ;) (tats wat i thot lah)

littlerat

dunno is it because we are with him all the while, and days passes so fast, so he no longer seems to me as a newborn anymore ... so I also dunno grwoing so fast is it normal anot. haizzz parents ah .... always worrying one lor.

mskathy

actually during checkup they will take bb's weight.. there will be a % grown shown there and also in health book.. can find out from there..

CanCanMum

hi i juz happened to see this comment...

did u use the OSIM slimming belt? It helps but u gotta wear everyday for at least 1 month...will tighten the cellulite areas and shrink yr tummy. For me tat time i wear it when i go out too....maximise the effect.

girdles are useful in certain extent but they only helped u tighten while wearing....will go back to normal again if din wear...

go for post-natal massages....some of the build up is due to wind....coz if u pat pat ur tummy u will find some wind still inside....do u feel tt?

oso anti-cellulite creams will help also...

mskathy

hihi.. i din use osim slimming belt .. how it works?

i did have massages after 7th of my delivery.. it helps but now tummy still big big one..

also apply cream cos got stretch marks.. do u think i can do sit ups?