How do WE know our love to our child is reciprocated?

Here we are the Mummies. Taking care of our kids...with selfless love.

Having said that, I'm sure we would want our love to be reciprocated, isn't not?

How do we know it is reciprocated? I'm sure each is unqiue.

It's thro' this reciprocation that we stay motivated... isn't not?

At every stage.. the expression of love differs, wouldn't you agree?

Care to share :Dancing_wub:.... coming from these proud Mummies.

CanCanMum

haha....when your child is still a baby, reciprocation is minimal....but they do sense when u r down and when u r happy....but they can only express themselves by crying or smiling or chuckling....

i m not yet a proud mum, will know later on if my son has done me proud.:001_302:

actually all mothers give their love unconditionally, be it reciprocated or not, we still give. Motivation? Be it low or high, we still needs to be there for the child. Perhaps u can put it tat sometimes we are frustrated when the child is misbehaving etc.....but at the end of the day, its still the same.

of coz when they grew up and tell u "Mum, i love u" tat will be the best gift tat we expect to have. Hugs and kisses from my son everyday....

i hope he grows up to be a useful person to the society...tats the least i hoped for.:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

stonston

When i love my son, i give him my everything and i don't expect anything back.

it's all about perception and expectations. some parents expect their child to 'love' them back by showing certain behaviour, some expect more, some expect less.

when my parents love me, they dun expect anything from me too. even simple things like cooking maggi mee for my daddy can make tear with happiness!

if my son does anything for me, i'll be extremely happy. like when he massages my back and feet after i massage his. i din expect anything in return when i massage him, but he automatically will come and massage for me.

when u expect less, u'll realise tt u r getting more in return :)

uddermummy

i know my dear daughter loves me when she acts excited and smiles at me every morning when she wakes up.

Good enuf for me!

Let's just hope that she'll still be as excited to see me in the morning when she grows up. :p

snowbear

i know my dear daughter loves me when she acts excited and smiles at me every morning when she wakes up.

Good enuf for me!

Let's just hope that she'll still be as excited to see me in the morning when she grows up. :p
yup! same... i can feel my dd's love when she gives me that heart-melting smile when i wake in the morning and whenever she wakes from her naps... and ooh.. the way she hugs and snuggles up to me makes me feel that all that i've done for her is somehow appreciated! :)

Ting

i dont expect anything in return from pin for my love to her.
but of cos, in the future, the least she could do is be filial.
but she does show her love n concern to me now, like giving unlimited hugs n kisses all the time.
when she see me hurt my hand, she will kiss n tell me "ok alr, not pain".
and she offer me her snack or drink.
n when we sit in the cab, she will auto put my hand arnd her.
the little things n actions they do is more than enuf to show how innocent n pure their love is now.
but in the future, who knows? guess its how we bring them up. :)

Domique

aiyo I cannot wait for the day my little rascal says that
Mummy! I LOVE U!

haha....when your child is still a baby, reciprocation is minimal....but they do sense when you are down and when you are happy....but they can only express themselves by crying or smiling or chuckling....

i m not yet a proud mum, will know later on if my son has done me proud.:001_302:

actually all mothers give their love unconditionally, be it reciprocated or not, we still give. Motivation? Be it low or high, we still needs to be there for the child. Perhaps you can put it that sometimes we are frustrated when the child is misbehaving etc.....but at the end of the day, its still the same.

of coz when they grew up and tell you "Mum, i love you" that will be the best gift that we expect to have. Hugs and kisses from my son everyday....

i hope he grows up to be a useful person to the society...tats the least i hoped for.:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

Domique

agree. I hope my little one jian jian kang kang most impt. All i ask for is his happiness~

When i love my son, i give him my everything and i dont't expect anything back.

it's all about perception and expectations. some parents expect their child to 'love' them back by showing certain behaviour, some expect more, some expect less.

when my parents love me, they dont expect anything from me too. even simple things like cooking maggi mee for my daddy can make tear with happiness!

if my son does anything for me, i'll be extremely happy. like when he massages my back and feet after i massage his. i did not expect anything in return when i massage him, but he automatically will come and massage for me.

when you expect less, you'll realise that you are getting more in return :)

CanCanMum

aiyo I cannot wait for the day my little rascal says that
Mummy! I LOVE you!
heeeee

got a few more

1) He sings " mama Hao" to you with actions

2) He sings " I give mymummy a hug and kiss, a hug and kiss, a hug and kiss....i give my mummy a hug and kiss, i go school every morning~~"

:Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue:

Last edited:

uddermummy

heeeee

got a few more

1) He sings " mamaHao" to you with actions

2) He sings " I give mymummy a hug and kiss, a hug and kiss, a hug and kiss....i give my mummy a hug and kiss, i go school every morning~~"

:Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue:
so sweet! i can't wait for my dear daughter to say 'mummy'! I hope she says 'mummy' first! hahaha:Dancing_wub:

Last edited by a moderator:

uddermummy

yeah, now must keep saying 'mummy'. think her first word may be 'touch' tho cos i keep asking her to 'touch' this and that!

Amulet

yup! same... i can feel my dear daughter's love when she gives me that heart-melting smile when i wake in the morning and whenever she wakes from her naps... and ooh.. the way she hugs and snuggles up to me makes me feel that all that i've done for her is somehow appreciated! :)
yeah! and whn my DD give me a hug and lies on my shoulder or chest for that few moments, i knows she loves me too..

Amulet

yeah, now must keep saying 'mummy'. think her first word may be 'touch' tho cos i keep asking her to 'touch' this and that!
haha.. actually i think irregardless of whether 'mummy' is the baby's 1st word or not, it will still be very special whn we hear that .. my baby's 1st word is Ahma(her grandma).. thn some other words until recently she calls me 'ahh maa'.. whn i finally picked out that she is callin me, it feeling was, 'all soft and melty inside' now i realise i cannot choose to ignore her or be fierce to her whenever she calls me 'ahh maa', even during her crazy tantrums.. lol

iwan2noe

i dont expect anything in return from pin for my love to her.
but of cos, in the future, the least she could do is be filial.
but she does show her love and concern to me now, like giving unlimited hugs and kisses all the time.
when she see me hurt my hand, she will kiss and tell me "ok already, not pain".
and she offer me her snack or drink.
and when we sit in the cab, she will auto put my hand arnd her.
the little things and actions they do is more than enuf to show how innocent and pure their love is now.
but in the future, who knows? guess its how we bring them up. :)
Hi Ting,

Your gal is so cute and sensible!! envy :)):001_302:

jazz_sofia

One day in school, i was talking to some mommies when my daughter pulled my hand to show me her face, she was smiling at me...so i asked her why was she smiling...she answered: Because Im happy...then i asked her again: why are u happy...her answer was: Because I have mommy and daddy...and it melted my heart.

CanCanMum

One day in school, i was talking to some mommies when my daughter pulled my hand to show me her face, she was smiling at me...so i asked her why was she smiling...she answered: Because Im happy...then i asked her again: why are you happy...her answer was: Because I have mommy and daddy...and it melted my heart.
wow~~~~tats so sweet of her~~~:wong19:

Ting

Hi Ting,

Your gal is so cute and sensible!! envy :)):001_302:
haha, thanks.
yeah, she does things that r really sweet at times.
one thing i love is her selflessness, she will offer her snacks to the whole family like my parents n sisters unless she only hv one! haha!
but i let her make it a habit to say i love u every day.
n each time she say i love u, she will give me a kiss.
dunno why, but sometimes i feel she wil look at me in a very loving way n tell me, i love mummy.
haha.
totally melt!~:wong29:

Ting

One day in school, i was talking to some mommies when my daughter pulled my hand to show me her face, she was smiling at me...so i asked her why was she smiling...she answered: Because Im happy...then i asked her again: why are you happy...her answer was: Because I have mommy and daddy...and it melted my heart.

awwwwwwwwww~ tts really so sweet!
children are just so real n innocent!
n in fact, i hate the adult world which is so fake at times!