How long can Fomula Milk be kept after prepared?

yvonne_ktw

Hi,
Can advise? I heard from Nurse is by 1hour if not put back in fridge and have to consume within 24hrs..

But my friend says no problem even after 1hr.

Queenbabe

Actually im not sure also but my mum say not good to consume after so long. But i put it into the food warmer to keep it warm :)

selene_85

hi, fm aft prepared can be put inside the fridge temp(2 -4c) w/o feeding, used within 24hour. once u feed ur bb, must be consume within 1 hour & discard.

yvonne_ktw

Hi Hi,
If i prepare liao and put in btl warmer. Can i do it this way but consume within 24hrs but discard within 1hr if being used?

Jane Chow

It is better to let baby drink the FM once it is prepared. My friend told me that she tried to prepare the FM in advance and store it in warmer...so once the baby cry, she can give FM to her immediately....but unfortunately her baby contracted an bacteria infection caused by milk condemnation resulting severe LS...so dun prepared in advance for convenience....

Queenbabe

HUH LS so scary but that time i got to put in warmer coz when my DS newborn he cry very loudly for milk & i was doing confinement that time mostly i got to make milk n feed my DS myself so have to make it in advance haiz .

SH74

i think depends on the age of the bb. if newborn, i think better dun keep la. if bb cant finish, u or hb finish it lor. like that not wasted.

for me, the longest time i kept was 2+hrs. but that's recently. find that he's older alr. shld b ok. :p but i'll keep it warm. if become room temp alr, i'll throw away. scared he kena LS. lagi headache for me.

Queenbabe

The warmer can really make the milk really very warm . But i also never keep it for long , the most is 1 or 2hr . I dun dare to drink baby milk haha what is the taste like ?

P/S : I love HL alot :)

SH74

elaine82 > those newborn milk is extremely horrible taste. i usu ask my hb finish it. as they grow older, the milk got more taste, sweeter. but till now, i still dun like it. it's HORRIBLE, cant even compare w HL milk which is sweet n creamy.

Queenbabe

Ya lah i got smell b4 but i nv drink , like funny smell . I wonder how the infant can tahan the smell ? I guess some baby no appetite maybe becoz of the smell :)

SH74

dun think newborns know abt all these. to them, their milk is the 1 n only food they've tried so they'll think it's damn nice n yummy. hahaha.... :D only when they start eating solids, then they'll know wat is really nice, wat is not. i think if give my boy the milk he used to drink when he's a newborn, he wont want alr, unless hungry. hahaha... :D

CanCanMum

Hi,
Can advise? I heard from Nurse is by 1hour if not put back in fridge and have to consume within 24hrs..

But my friend says no problem even after 1hr.
yes u r right babe~

best to finish within an hour

becoz its not breastmilk (has antibodies) it cannot be left in the air for too long.

wenz

ya my PD told me also best o finish within 1hr.. if more den an hour better to discard and make a new one... not good for baby... and can get wind in stomach easily too...
better be safe then sorry~

veronica

Hmmm...i was told to consume within 15mins if u put in the warmer cos if its too long, the milk will get contaminated.

So i always discard my FM or breastmilk that time if they were kept untouched beyond that time in the warmer.

We usually face problem with new born baby cos we still cannot gauge their feeding time or if they are hungry or not. So most times, FM or breaskmilk are wasted...

But for the sake of my bb's health, i always follow this rule..heartpain but bo pian..

yvonne_ktw

What i understand from doctor is BM have to consum within 1hr if can't finish have to discard... Quite wastful if can't finish cause BM can't buy with money. LOL
Those infant FM smells awful and taste bad. but cause it's more towards our BM that's why got such taste.
Actually last time i wanna get fat, i buy Gain IQ to drink. After i tried the 1st cup. OMG, feel like giving up man... But bo bian, everytime one breath finish drinking all in one shot. haha