how long did yr hubby take leave during yr confinement?

pkshl

hi mummies, as above pls comment.

my hb wanted to take 6days of his childcare leave during my confinement period, den the rest of the 22 days i will be alone with confinement aunty. im not comfy with being home alone with just her & bb but hb cant afford to take more den 6days..any advise?

den after how many days must bring baby back for checkup?

deela07

From personal experience. My hubby was on leave for 4 days after we check out of hospital stay. He didn't do much since he wasn't confident to handle DS. My mom had to take charge. Besides, newborn babies are easier to look after as they're asleep most of the time.

CL: I've never hired CL but have faith in her since am sure you've done your homework by asking opinions on her performance. Have you mom or in-law to drop by from time to time to check on you guys.

Check-up is normally after 2-3 days after hospital stay.

Our DS is 8 mths liao. Save that precious leave for family outings/couple dates/check-up etc...

pkshl

2-3days later must bring baby for checkup, den shd the confinement aunty go along with us?

Queenbabe

Of coz she will follow u if bring bb for checkup coz she is here to help u :)
My DH take almost 1mth leave coz he had alot of unclear leave but in the end also never really help much :( I dun even have CL so i got to do all things myself :( :(

Phoebii Cheng

I gave birth last year on eve of CNY, so during tht time I was in hospital, so hubby nv took leave at all just the 2 days PH & weekends...after that it is just me & my confinement lady & bb

Yes CL hv to follow u during check-up for bb, tht time my hubby only took time off to send me to polyclinic & back home....

My CL only served for 20days, the rest of the confinement days, we took to catering confinement food and my mom helping out with the housework......

I do agree to save the leave for dates/family outings.....

CanCanMum

hi mummies, as above pls comment.

my hb wanted to take 6days of his childcare leave during my confinement period, den the rest of the 22 days i will be alone with confinement aunty. im not comfy with being home alone with just her & bb but hb cant afford to take more den 6days..any advise?

den after how many days must bring baby back for checkup?
my DH din really took leave but coz he handles projects so time wise he manages himself (when he was still working for pple). Only needs to go out for like 3-4 hours to settle some issues den come back home again. So still ok.

baby checkup is not an issue, unless got some issues like jaundice, coz tat time my boy got jaundice which is why makes it WORSE....gonna go checkup every 2-3 days....i dink he took almost every other day to bring baby to hospital till about 2-3 weeks on and off.....so practically he is like not working for whole month.....

My DH din took leave also, only on bb 1st mth then he took.. so the whole confinement period I'm with the confinement lady and tat's my MIL.. nearly kanna depression

pkshl

My DH din took leave also, only on bb 1st mth then he took.. so the whole confinement period I'm with the confinement lady and tat's my MIL.. nearly kanna depression
poor u. my mum wanted to help me but i told her NO cos i dun want to quarrel with her everyday. & also heng my MIL told me straightway when she knows im pregnant , that she cant do for me cos must take care of 2 kids, not free.

Stan

i also wondering if it is a good idea abt MIL doing confinement.... is it becos they wanna have a say in everythg?

i also wondering if it is a good idea abt MIL doing confinement.... is it becos they wanna have a say in everythg?
I think it depends on whether u can click with your MIL or not and also whether she is the easy going type or the demanding type.

So happen mine is the demanding, loud, naggy and unreasonable type. I can only get along with her provided we are not staying under 1 roof together.. but during confinement, she is staying with us.. so there is a clash..

poor u. my mum wanted to help me but i told her NO cos i dun want to quarrel with her everyday. & also heng my MIL told me straightway when she knows im pregnant , that she cant do for me cos must take care of 2 kids, not free.
U are lucky.. initially my mum is to do it for me.. but she thinks it's better that I ask my MIL whether she can do it, else my MIL thinks we dun respect her.. and so happens that my MIL said if my mum can't do it for me, then she'll do it... so ended up she did the confinement for me.. a big mistake!!

stonston

my hb only took leave once first day we go home.
other days during confinement he jus quick finish his work so can come home early. sometimes lunch time he'll pop home to hv lunch with me and hug hug baby.

i personally find my hb only helpful when expressing milk and helping me buy things. cos ask him handle baby, he scared.

snowbear

Mil doing confinement is a big no-no!!! Big mistake on my part... She came to stay with me during my confinement and i was really frustrated with her. We used to get along, but i guess with her bossing around my house i just can't take it. Anyway try not to la, coz may really kenna post-natal depression...

Back to the topic, my hubby took leave only on the days i spent at hospital and when bb had to go for checkup.

serenelm

my dh took leave during my 3 days stay at hospital (paternity leave), then after tt he took the whole week (childcare leave) to stay at home wif me cos we din engage CL for ds3's birth... after tt, he wld take leave on off when need to bring bb to go to pd or polyclinic for jaundice tests/follow up...

side track a little - dh offered to do my confinement for me (as in he cooked lunch for me everyday, then leave food in thermal cooker to keep warm)... for dinner, he wld come back after work to cook too... we din wan CL cos i dun eat much n am rather fussy wif homecooked food's taste... as for mil, i insisted no cos when she helped me wif ds2, it was a very unpleasant experience for me (no freedom, gotta watch out wat to say/eat/behave)... i prefer to enjoy my confinement in peace, even if it's gotta be a simple one... i believe tt as long as eat healthy (lotsa fish, veg, soups etc) can le...

Spiralng

Just finish my confinement 2 weeks ago. My husband only take 3days leaves cos his boss wan him to go back to work asap.
I gave birth on Sat so that my husband can save 2 days leave..hee..hee...Fri night accompany me to induce and Sat, Sun I can rest in the hospital without anyone disturbing me. Monday morning discharge and my 2 older kids will be in school.

Once at home, I take care of the baby myself and my mum will cooked and bring the food. Whereas for my MIL, she will take care of my 2 older kids. Nightime, my husband will take care of baby (feeding and changing of diaper) Therefore for me, I did not hire a confinement lady cos my house hv no room for her and to have INNER PEACE (cos MIL will keep nagging if hv CL) I lock myself in the rm with bb.

3days after birth, need to bring baby to check for jandice. Nowadays, polyclinic hv quota to meet. If jandice level never go down to their target figure, you might need to bring your baby there once a week. So throughout my confinement, I am practically out once a week to bring my baby for jandice checkup. So my advise is don't waste the annual leave.

Frenchkitty

My Hubby cannot take leave because he is self-employed.
Means that I will be alone most of the time with my MIL as she is helping with my confinement. SIGH Very sian.

LoVeS

My hubby took abt 1wk+ leave during my confinement to help me wif my son as i am having c-section delivery~

lisa_ng

hubby took a month leave.
lucky enough that he had plenty of leave to clear back then. :)
confinement lady was with us for 2 weeks and we were moving house during the third week of my confinement. so have much work to do even with all the helpers.

cui_er

Previous time, he was self-employed so if nothing much, would hang around the house during my confinement month. This time round, I think at most he can take 3 days leave, including the time we're in the hospital for delivery. His company not very family-friendly, not even able to claim the 6 days childcare leave. Any leave he takes has to be either annual or no-pay leave. >.<