How long have u stayed in a job?

CanCanMum

:Dancing_tongue:hi, just wondered how long have u stayed in a job? i m in my 5th year of working for my boss. (so far the longest stay!)

shopaholic

Longest was 6+ years. Quitted as there was some restructuring in my department and I didnt want to wait to be posted. Also, felt it was time to move on after so long.

Current is 1.5 years.

CanCanMum

wow! wonder if how long do u all start to feel "sian"??? And how to prevent it? For me i try different routes of walking from mrt to work so that it is not too monotonous. Food wise no choice unless travel to other places to eat but just lazy to.

badtzzz

what e reason for staying in a co. for so long? Is the pay increment good or jus lazy to job-hop to another new one and again adapt with the new enviornment n colleagues?

CanCanMum

so far boss quite good to me lor, just being scared to look for another job, worse still if it turns out to be a bad choice. Dun wanna risk - although pay is lower now & if job hop will sure get higher pay. Adapting to new environment is fine with me just want to stayed on becoz now i can leave on the dot almost everyday.

badtzzz

well, i still got 40 years down the road before my retirement..so 40 years being stuck in one job...i might reconsider to switch job let say like in 2-3 years time when the economy is good..

Yuki Miaka

Mine the longst is 2 years plus, the shortest is 4 months.

3 company, 2 are local family company and 1 (the current boss) is local chinese boss

Going to quit soon. No career prospect, no increment in the past 10 years of employment history. increment only come when they know we r resigning which is too late. Like now the electrical fees are going up... things r getting expensive..production workers were asking for little increment to cope the expenses but still no increment. I will bad for them.

CanCanMum

i think it all depends on your own expectations. Increment is a must - to let employee know that what they have done is worthwhile. Staying in a job wo increment is a no-no. Some companies have policies that states increment ties w economy and the amt is up to performance evaluation. So whether performance good or not there must still be increment unless company doesn't do well then thats a different story altogether.

i dunno where i will be in 10 years down the road - dont think i will be stuck in the same company though ...see how things go. If given a choice i would rather be a SAHM but also worried if i will be too free coz sometimes at home with my boy also very 'sian'....

Yuki Miaka

That's what i searching for home based job now...get ready when i am jobless during pregnancy... if the part time job is affordable and i can have more time for my bb then i willgo for part time.

My parent in Indonesia, my hubby parent in Malaysia... so i dun have other family members to help me taking care of bb... have one aunt @ Boon lay but she is quite tight up by her 2 kids...

I dun feel like sending bb to child care centre... hehe ( so far still too early to think all this, i am just 6 weeks plus of pregnancy hahahaa... my hubbby said i worry too much recently

CanCanMum

hi yuki!

If i do come across any home based jobs i will inform u.

Anyway how did yr gynae consultation came along? Must be ok right? Managed to c ur tiny baby already?

Yuki Miaka

Not yet going for checking.

My hubby said till Sat... so that the bb is bigger to be seen, he has confident the bb still there but he dun wan me to feel sad if still cant see the bb.

i just heard from other thread, there is this Dr Kee very good @ Jurong POint... he has encountered similar cases like mine, thinking of getting him to confirm for me but he is very far... i am @ woodlands.

I will discuss with my hubby again, he wants me to go Admiralty one so that its closer and more convenient for me.

badtzzz

no matter wat, the most impt is to stay happy in ur job. I ever though of home-based job, but it is sufficient for the whole family esp the rising costs nowadays..so kinda of worried..nw jus hve to wait for my bb to come out and see how it goes..

yuki miaka...the most impt is u mus feel comfortable w the gynae and which hospital will the gynae going to deliver u is also a concern...usually abt 7 weeks the gynae is able to like scan and see the heartbeat of ur bb in the sac..

veronica

Mine the longst is 2 years plus, the shortest is 4 months.

3 company, 2 are local family company and 1 (the current boss) is local chinese boss

Going to quit soon. No career prospect, no increment in the past 10 years of employment history. increment only come when they know we r resigning which is too late. Like now the electrical fees are going up... things r getting expensive..production workers were asking for little increment to cope the expenses but still no increment. I will bad for them.
I think chinese companies are like that...act blur till staff resigns. But wont be surprise MNCs also.

The companies I have worked so far only offer 12days leave per year and mostly American firms. Some more no additional 1 day after 1 yr of service...sigh...