How long have you breastfed?

How long have you breastfed?

• Total voters

elaine01

lol..but y will cry when nv stay wif them? wah i dread goin back to their place every weekend..
ILs can always come over, nag & nag whenever i nursing DS. her dotter then come to me & say why i so stubborn, don listen to her mother. DH sandwiched, so shut up lor.........

i used to dread it too.......but dreading it'll only make myself miserable. so now attaining the "ear in ear out" technique. close one eye open one eye as well. anything they say that is not shiok to my ears, filter them. anything nice, then absorb lor.......:tlaugh:

xue

ILs can always come over, nag & nag whenever i nursing DS. her dotter then come to me & say why i so stubborn, don listen to her mother. DH sandwiched, so shut up lor.........

i used to dread it too.......but dreading it'll only make myself miserable. so now attaining the "ear in ear out" technique. close one eye open one eye as well. anything they say that is not shiok to my ears, filter them. anything nice, then absorb lor.......:tlaugh:
lol..guess i will haf to learn frm u..coz dat time i reali canot stand my MIL..den i argue wif her..but i got apologise in the end..but i guess i should juz shut my mouth even if i dun lke wat they sae..

Pink daisy

Going to 8mths soon, but thinking of giving ds partial FM soon as I'm afraid that the BM nutrients will not suffice?
Although he's on 3x meals now
Any advice?

elaine01

Going to 8mths soon, but thinking of giving ds partial FM soon as I'm afraid that the BM nutrients will not suffice?
Although he's on 3x meals now
Any advice?
WHO suggests all babies to be given BM as their main food until 24 mths old. BM will never be inferior to FM, no matter what age.

Apart from his 3 meals, he's given BM.

elaine01

ya elaine is right. breastmilk is alway the best no matter what age.
some girlfriends did teach me can offer fresh milk after 12 mths but he dun like leh........after 2 days of fresh milk, he cough. DH blamed me for it.

intro him karihome goat milk. qute like it. but still prefer my milk:tlaugh:!

elaine01

Thanks elaine!
Actually yes, after I read BM contents does adjust according babies' age...
yes, our BM is changing EVERYDAY. I also realise the "thickness" if the fatty layer gets thinner as DS gets bigger. During the early months, the "thickiness" of the fatty layer in thr Avent milk bottle can be as thick as 3/4 of the total amount collected!

daberdew

I bf for almost 2 months till now but supply slowing so I mix with formula at times. Trying to bf as long as I can!!! :)

rubythebusybee

I still TBF my son, my menses came on the 5th month, and now no news of it.
Could menses be irregular for TBF mum? thinking of trying 2nd one soon, coz not young anymore (i want 3 kids if possible)

Still struggling with the thoughts of having 2nd one so soon, i had c-section delivery, advice from my mum it's better to wait 1 year for womb to recover, is that true? Moreover still want to cont' BF my son if i got pregnant again. i had to rely on hormone jab during my first trimester, so BF might also trigger miscarriage.

BF wasn't that easy in the beginning, glad that i persevere, almost gave up in the first week.:nah:

mcqueen

I m on confinement now, express BM every 3hours at day time only. My bb dun wan to latch on as my nipple too short or may b my BM flow not so smooth. Feel guilty after read this thread, bcs most of mother here BF for so long but me start struggling to stop BF after 1 to 2mths. Reason is tired & troublesome when go out. Sigh, struggle ah!!

elaine01

I m on confinement now, express BM every 3hours at day time only. My bb dun wan to latch on as my nipple too short or may b my BM flow not so smooth. Feel guilty after read this thread, bcs most of mother here BF for so long but me start struggling to stop BF after 1 to 2mths. Reason is tired & troublesome when go out. Sigh, struggle ah!!
frequent expressing may "pull out" your nipple.

i've a gf whose nipples oso v short, near to nothing at all.......but she's still nursing her girl coming to 2 years. yes, she's a SAHM, so nurse on demand & semi-solids lor.........:Dancing_wub:

Pink daisy

once your mense return, you have chance of conceiving.
i hv asked a nurse abt this she said doesn't necessarily menses coming back then can be pregnant, few cases BF mums dunno she's pregnant until a few mths (coz no menses)

Less frequent drinking habit (usually for babies ard 6mth+) will hv greater chance of conceiving
Once preggy must stop BF

rubythebusybee: am still fully BF my son and my period hvnt return yet

elaine01

i hv asked a nurse abt this she said doesn't necessarily menses coming back then can be pregnant, few cases BF mums dunno she's pregnant until a few mths (coz no menses)

Less frequent drinking habit (usually for babies ard 6mth+) will hv greater chance of conceiving
Once preggy must stop BF

rubythebusybee: am still fully BF my son and my period hvnt return yet
oh, i do hv gfs who nursed thru their pregnancy & now nursing both toddlers.:tlaugh:

in8mom

Babe is coming up on 3 years and we're still BF!!!!! YEAH!

My friend's children are 13 months apart-- not planned! They thought they were "safe" b/c she was till BF.

Last edited:

Pink daisy

oh, i do hv gfs who nursed thru their pregnancy & now nursing both toddlers.:tlaugh:
:err: the nurse said that this would sort of like 'induce' the baby in womb thus frequent contraction which resulted in premature birth?
correct me if i am wrong though