how much for wedding hong baos?

iwan2noe

how much to bao for own siblings?
for own siblings, usually don't give during the dinner ma..some may also buy jewellery b4 the actual wedding then give red packet during the wedding.
hmm, usually also depends on ur afforadability and how much 'xin' u have for that sibling of urs.

My bro gave me $500.. hehe..

diymummy

how much to bao for own siblings?
Hehe.. I guess depends on how close you are to your sibling too. But by obligation, usually bao more than what I would give even to my closest friend.

I'm pretty close to my bro. So if he gets married, I'll give him $1k if I can afford it.

My bro younger than me so he didn't need to give me red pkt for my wedding. :)

autumn82

$60 for TWO pax?! waolao that one too kua zhang alrdy liaoo lahh!! dont say hotel, even restuarant also dont have such rate!!! my wedding was 'kui' money one... my bro said 1st time see ppl weddin at restuarant still can kui :embarrassed:
:err::err: Mine was 1k+ per table too and we 'kui' until siao. :p Wahahahah.

autumn82

Hehe.. I guess depends on how close you are to your sibling too. But by obligation, usually bao more than what I would give even to my closest friend.

I'm pretty close to my bro. So if he gets married, I'll give him $1k if I can afford it.

My bro younger than me so he didn't need to give me red pkt for my wedding. :)
Agree.. If younger, just help out at the wedding.. Heh. :p

diymummy

If they have a house you can get them something? Like sponsor their TV or something like that. :)

Since you're younger than your bro, then should be no need to bao red pkt for him... If not quite weired??? That's how I feel.

pkshl

If they have a house you can get them something? Like sponsor their TV or something like that. :)

Since you're younger than your bro, then should be no need to bao red pkt for him... If not quite weired??? That's how I feel.
my mum said if can i shd give $500 but im quite tight now with baby around. i was wondering can give them lesser+a gift?
they ve a house but they ve already bought must of their electrical applicances like TV etc, what else can i give?

CanCanMum

if u dddink giving ang bao is weird coz he is older or u wan to give something for their new lovenest etc, can consider vouchers? Barang barang or courts etc???

since hes yr bro, can be more straightforward and ask him wad vouchers he needs rather than anyhow get any vouchers and end up he dun use it.

pkshl

if you dddink giving ang bao is weird coz he is older or you want to give something for their new lovenest etc, can consider vouchers? Barang barang or courts etc???

since hes your bro, can be more straightforward and ask him what vouchers he needs rather than anyhow get any vouchers and end up he dont use it.
juz now he said he's thinking of askin for vouchers, den i tink tink also betta la, rather den i buy liao den he dun like.

what sort of vouchers should i give?

CanCanMum

just now he said he's thinking of askin for vouchers, then i tink tink also betta , rather then i buy then he dont like.

what sort of vouchers should i give?
i think u ask him beta, since he needs it to buy something else. Rather den we suggest wad to get for him. If he said dunno den perhaps buy Courts? Barang Barang? Or Ikea? (i dunno ikea got vouchers anot) But barang barang things oso not cheap.

SO perhaps ikea might be a good choice. For $200-$300 u can buy lots of stuff oredi

Or Spotlight? So he can get DIY curtains? Things like tat. I saw tat day at PS Spotlight a decent pair of tab top curtains selling at $69.90 a set, or he can get Bedsheets oso?

Or Aussino? Oso good choice. He can get nice bedsheets from tat oso

when i had my first home, my bro oso asked me wad i wanted, den i said i wanted wad and he go buy lorr....heheh

altho we dun talk much but when it comes to help, he will help me out. :)

CanCanMum

or lagi best, u can combine a few pple to give him vouchers, he ownself go buy, More value to spend on oso~~~

CanCanMum

the worst voucher i ever received from buying a Samsung LCD tv was Robinsons vouchers, $300 somemore~~~

i cracked my head oso duNNo wad to buy, so NOT ENUFF at all lols

one wok oredi costs $150++, how to buy????

lols~~~~

rest of the items all not useful to me....lols~~~if can convert to NTUC vouchers will be BEST~~~~i can stock up 3 months supply of Friso lols~~~~

so bottomline is the vouchers muz be useful and suits the person's lifestyle and tastes~~~heeee

Last edited:

pkshl

the worst voucher i ever received from buying a Samsung LCD tv was Robinsons vouchers, $300 somemore~~~

i cracked my head also dont know what to buy, so NOT ENUFF at all lols

one wok oredi costs $150++, how to buy????

lols~~~~

rest of the items all not useful to me....lols~~~if can convert to NTUC vouchers will be BEST~~~~i can stock up 3 months supply of Friso lols~~~~

so bottomline is the vouchers must be useful and suits the person's lifestyle and tastes~~~heeee
i ever received Robinsons $20.00 voucher, duno what to buy also..:err:

CanCanMum

sad to say i was neberr invited to any Malay Weddings

BUT i can say the food tastes and LOoks and SMELLS GOOD!!! And nowadays they decorate the place so nicely, i dun mind to fork out more~~~for the ang baos~~~

anyone of u can invite me there bOO? :p

tinkerball

sad to say i was neberr invited to any Malay Weddings

BUT i can say the food tastes and LOoks and SMELLS GOOD!!! And nowadays they decorate the place so nicely, i dont mind to fork out more~~~for the ang baos~~~

anyone of you can invite me there bOO? :p
lol! everyone here is married with kids. how to invite u when everyone's married? wait for our children to grow up horr.. then can send u invitation:Dancing_wub:

Renzie

Actually in the end, cash is better, as sometimes getting vouchers for them means that they are forced to get an item from there that they might not really want/need. And its not as if giving vouchers means that they can get special promotion or rate using the vouchers. Giving cash is more practical, that's how I feel.

But if its a close family member, usually I'll come out straight out and ask them what they want. It'll be easier and better than getting them something that they might not want or need. And in the end, waste of money also

CanCanMum

lol! everyone here is married with kids. how to invite you when everyone's married? wait for our children to grow up horr.. then can send you invitation:Dancing_wub:
dun me like tat mahhh

entertain me a little mahh

:p:p:p

like Oh ok, will invite u if my whowhowho gets married :p

tinkerball

dont me like that mahhh

entertain me a little mahh

:p:p:p

like Oh ok, will invite you if my whowhowho gets married :p
:wong10:u very cute one leh.. actually dont need to wait for invitatation. u know void deck weddings are open right? just walk right into one lahh on a sunday and pretend ur a friend of the groom's sister's brother in law's cousin. eat to ur heart's content then give a nice hong bao. but u need a very thick skin one de lehh:001_302:

apollo

my older bro is getting married soon & i was thinking iszit alright for me to give a gift+angbao? what sort of gift & how much angbao ?
i think it depends.. an angbao i just an 'yi si'.. the tot tt counts.. if gift, maybe can ask ur bro what he needs?