how to appeal for a flat and welfare aids?

xicloudix

Actually when i purchase my hdb flat tat time, we thought of finding MP for help... but was told it was useless as there is only a "limit" flats for sale, find MP also cannot help u anything... the only way is to wait and queue.... reason given to us is if MP can help you, then all ppl will go find MP already... coz now all small family wanna live near parents, or some is shot gun marriage.... all consider urgent... then how are they going to classify which one is really urgent?? so to be fair, all queue and wait....

OR rent a flat from HDB... BTW HDB has this policy whereby a person can purchase the rental flat ( 1 room flat to 3 room flat) which they rent from HDB.... MP can help u to appeal for rental flat then from there you can request to purchase the flat after living in it for a while...

paperger85

I seriously don't think you should be applying for a 4 room flat. Me and hubby combined income is about $3k but we don't dare to even dream of applying for a 4 room flat. You may think that you can rent the room out but shit happens and we should think carefully. If you have no tenant for 6 months, can you still survive and pay your monthly installments?

LoVeS

seriously speaking unless ur getting BTO flat tat is 4-rm if nt there is NO WAY u can afford or allow to buy 4rm flat bcoz regardless is HDB loan or bank loan, they wont allow to approve ur loan if ur getting 4rm. BTO 4rm flat u might haf chance to get it but if is resale flat then trust me u cannot afford at all.'

My hubby pay is 3k even he himself can barely afford to pay the $$$ of mthly installment but of coz hdb loan allow him to loan but for ur case i dun tink so~

For u, u can now buy BTO 4-rm or resales 3rm~ BTW if ur getting resale...the COV nowadays r crazy~ be prepare for paying at least 20k if nt u will haf to find very long to get a unit wif low COV or zero COV but provided ur lucky~

paull

ya lor..now cov is crazy..
ya we're applying for BTO 4 rm as we've calculated liao, our pay can purchased flat ard $230k, 4rm bto ard that price also..
but resale, confirm cannot la~~

LoVeS

ya ..now cov is crazy..
ya we're applying for BTO 4 rm as we've calculated , our pay can purchased flat around $230k, 4rm bto around that price also..
but resale, confirm cannot ~~
yalor so ur choice now is only BTO 4rm but u haf to b lucky to get ballot a unit plus u need to wait another 3-4yrs b4 the flat is fully build n u can move in~ If u really cant wait then get 3rm resale bah~ but still need high COV lor~

thepinkdot

i think my husband and i very lucky.. back then when we bought our 4 room flat.. we had to pay COV of 6k which was already a lot.. they were asking for 10k..

we managed to take hdb loan with a single income of 2k (back when the rules hasn't change.. after we bought, immediately change already!) so in totally.. our flat cost us 252k.. we paid 6k cash and the 40k grant and another 6k with cpf.. so end up our loan amount is very little.. only 200k..

nowadays.. where you gonna find 4 rm resale flat so cheap.. but the downside is when we buy another flat again, we will be paying the same COV as others..

LoVeS

i think my husband and i very lucky.. back then when we bought our 4 room flat.. we had to pay COV of 6k which was already a lot.. they were asking for 10k..

we managed to take hdb loan with a single income of 2k (back when the rules hasn't change.. after we bought, immediately change already!) so in totally.. our flat cost us 252k.. we paid 6k cash and the 40k grant and another 6k with cpf.. so end up our loan amount is very little.. only 200k..

nowadays.. where you gonna find 4 rm resale flat so cheap.. but the downside is when we buy another flat again, we will be paying the same COV as others..
if i am nt wrong for 252k resale flats can only get 3rm nia wif tat price~ No way any1 would sell below 290k unless i suspect sumthing wrong wif their flat :tlaugh:

paperger85

Seriously, I don't think you can apply for any kind of welfare aids if you are able to purchase a 4room flat.

The income ceiling for a BTO 3 room is 3k. Your combined income is only $2k, I think you really need to think twice about apply for a 4 room flat. The monthly installment is $700-800 which is almost half of your salary leh...

Have you applied for a HLE already? They willing to loan you so much money meh?

paull

ya lor, 2yrs back my sis bought a 4rm in yishun, high flr some more, for $190k..cov only 1k..she damn lucky lor..
now i think her flat nearly double the price liao lor..

Mummy3

seriously speaking unless your getting BTO flat that is 4-rm if not there is NO WAY you can afford or allow to buy 4rm flat bcoz regardless is HDB loan or bank loan, they wont allow to approve your loan if your getting 4rm. BTO 4rm flat you might have chance to get it but if is resale flat then trust me you cannot afford at all.'

My hubby pay is 3k even he himself can barely afford to pay the $$$ of monthly installment but of coz hdb loan allow him to loan but for your case i dont tink so~

For you, you can now buy BTO 4-rm or resales 3rm~ BTW if your getting resale...the COV nowadays r crazy~ be prepare for paying at least 20k if not you will have to find very long to get a unit with low COV or zero COV but provided your lucky~
Sorry.. a bit side track, is BTO 4 rm cheaper than 4 rm???

From my perspective, I think 3 rm suits you more. You'll ve a little bit more spare $$ to spend, you can invest your CPF $$, u pay less int to bank to HDB, you pay lower conservancy charges, u get more whatever subsidies govt gives,and get more GST rebates ect. In short, u pay less but get more.

Some more, the return on investment for 3 rm is the highest.

Also, there are only 3 of u, and you want your privacy. If you rent out a room, then there'll be none. No guarantee that you'll get gd tenants. What if tenant nvr pay rent on time, or not even pay you. Then you'll end up "taking care" of your tenant. Even more stress financially.:wong19:

LoVeS

Sorry.. a bit side track, is BTO 4 rm cheaper than 4 rm???

From my perspective, I think 3 rm suits you more. You'll ve a little bit more spare $$ to spend, you can invest your CPF $$, you pay less int to bank to HDB, you pay lower conservancy charges, you get more whatever subsidies govt gives,and get more GST rebates ect. In short, you pay less but get more.

Some more, the return on investment for 3 rm is the highest.

Also, there are only 3 of you, and you want your privacy. If you rent out a room, then there'll be none. No guarantee that you'll get good tenants. What if tenant never pay rent on time, or not even pay you. Then you'll end up "taking care" of your tenant. Even more stress financially.:wong19:
Of coz a BTO 4rm is cheaper than resale 4rm lor esp wif the price nowadays n crazy COV~ should b cheaper by at least 20-30k even if u choose to reno ur unit of BTO~

paperger85

Of coz a BTO 4rm is cheaper than resale 4rm esp with the price nowadays n crazy COV~ should b cheaper by at least 20-30k even if you choose to reno your unit of BTO~
But judging by TS's salary, I doubt HDB will loan her enough to do reno. Most prob just the minimum to get a 4 room at its minimum amount so should be a low floor one.

Mummy3

Of coz a BTO 4rm is cheaper than resale 4rm esp with the price nowadays n crazy COV~ should b cheaper by at least 20-30k even if you choose to reno your unit of BTO~
Oops, I misunderstood. I tot a 4 rm BTO vs a new 4 rm from HDB, if they still build 4 rm.

LoVeS

But judging by TS's salary, I doubt HDB will loan her enough to do reno. Most prob just the minimum to get a 4 room at its minimum amount so should be a low floor one.
coz nowadays resale is ex bcoz of the COV amount haf to fork out mah tats why BTO is cheap as compared wif resale....since they haf budget then they haf no choice tat they cant reno anything lor. :tlaugh:

holeyman1

here's what I saw ::

1. Go see MP with child / children in tow..
"Cry" saying no housing for the children. Be sincere & don't try
to "smoke" the MP.
They will give you a letter with MP's signature & bring to
HDB (make copies) & apply.
Keep at least one copy for re-application in case you do not get a favourable reply via snail mail..
Do not be choosy since "Begger can't be choosers" Excuse the pun

2. Text as many housing agents as possible saying you're willing to buy a re-sale flat first timer at valuation only. Few will reply & you tell them your situation.

* Remember first timers will receive a grant of 30-40k(depending on case to case basis + live near parents extra 10k. That should be enough to cover your 20% downpayment..! My friend got 50k grant all including live near parents even though he's a biit off *

Don't be taken in by agents saying this period cannot buy at valuation (That's pure BS...! More money equates to higher commission packet, think in the lines of people getting divorced so forced to sell flat, bankrupts etc)

If you're in dire need to get a flat then any 3-rm flat that sells below 250k should be sufficient. BE PATIENT since it will require you to view secure your flat. The again if any flat comes along, just grab at least its a place you can call your own.

Note :: Original condition flats as sited in papers or web means no renovation flat that would be your best bet.

* YOU WILL GET YOUR RE-SALE FLAT TOO*

Take care & good luck

LoVeS

here's what I saw ::

1. Go see MP with child / children in tow..
"Cry" saying no housing for the children. Be sincere & dont't try
to "smoke" the MP.
They will give you a letter with MP's signature & bring to
HDB (make copies) & apply.
Keep at least one copy for re-application in case you do not get a favourable reply via snail mail..
Do not be choosy since "Begger can't be choosers" Excuse the pun

2. Text as many housing agents as possible saying you're willing to buy a re-sale flat first timer at valuation only. Few will reply & you tell them your situation.

* Remember first timers will receive a grant of 30-40k(depending on case to case basis + live near parents extra 10k. That should be enough to cover your 20% downpayment..! My friend got 50k grant all including live near parents even though he's a biit off *

dont't be taken in by agents saying this period cannot buy at valuation (That's pure BS...! More money equates to higher commission packet, think in the lines of people getting divorced so forced to sell flat, bankrupts etc)

If you're in dire need to get a flat then any 3-rm flat that sells below 250k should be sufficient. BE PATIENT since it will require you to view secure your flat. The again if any flat comes along, just grab at least its a place you can call your own.

Note :: Original condition flats as sited in papers or web means no renovation flat that would be your best bet.

* YOU WILL GET YOUR RE-SALE FLAT TOO*

Take care & good luck
actually if u notice the market now is really very very hard to get zero COV n even there is....it is really very few or rare lor so TS muz b very patient if she is getting a resale at zero COV.