how to appeal for a flat and welfare aids?

tinkerball

actually if you notice the market now is really very very hard to get zero COV n even there is....it is really very few or rare so TS must b very patient if she is getting a resale at zero COV.
nowadays if u managed to get flats at low or zero the reason must be A) seller running out of time for whatever reason and need to sell ASAP or, B) something is wrong with that flat. im kinda suspecting something must be wrong with the flat im buying. they agreeing to sell for only 7k cov and u dun really need to renovate much cos basically its complete. when i ask y want to sell they said want to upgrade. even want to upgrade sure will ask for high cov mahh.. another 3rm flat at nearby location is asking at least 10k and its not even as nice as the one im buying. they even want to pass the keys to us during our 1st appt:err:. but i'll only know if there is problems after i moved in later.

LoVeS

nowadays if you managed to get flats at low or zero the reason must be A) seller running out of time for whatever reason and need to sell ASAP or, B) something is wrong with that flat. im kinda suspecting something must be wrong with the flat im buying. they agreeing to sell for only 7k cov and you dont really need to renovate much cos basically its complete. when i ask y want to sell they said want to upgrade. even want to upgrade sure will ask for high cov mahh.. another 3rm flat at nearby location is asking at least 10k and its not even as nice as the one im buying. they even want to pass the keys to us during our 1st appt:err:. but i'll only know if there is problems after i moved in later.
i tink 2 main prob ppl r afraid to face when getting their flat is 1st the flat is disturb by loan sharks n 2nd is flat "dirty" IF not i really dun tink why would ppl sell at very low or zero cov if their flat is nicely reno~

Can u imagine the flat i juz bought it has no reno at all yet asking for 27k alrdy~ But reasonable lah bcoz the total selling price is juz 315k tat is inclusive of the cov for a 4rm flat.

When i bought tat flat i aso worry is it sumthing wrong wif the flat if nt hw come so cheap coz the flat at tat area is at least 350k inclusive of cov~

tinkerball

i tink 2 main prob ppl r afraid to face when getting their flat is 1st the flat is disturb by loan sharks n 2nd is flat "dirty" IF not i really dont tink why would ppl sell at very low or zero cov if their flat is nicely reno~

Can you imagine the flat i just bought it has no reno at all yet asking for 27k alrdy~ But reasonable bcoz the total selling price is just 315k that is inclusive of the cov for a 4rm flat.

When i bought that flat i aso worry is it sumthing wrong with the flat if not hw come so cheap coz the flat at that area is at least 350k inclusive of cov~
i think the reason y ur flat price is low is due to a few factors like location and the condition of the flat. when valuators come to evaluate the flat they take the codition of the house into consideration. but.. 27k.. those sellers are really taking advantage of the high cov trend and buyers got victimised in the end. with that amount of money u could easily find another flat that is fully renovated. funny lehh why u chose the flat?

LoVeS

i think the reason y your flat price is low is due to a few factors like location and the condition of the flat. when valuators come to evaluate the flat they take the codition of the house into consideration. but.. 27k.. those sellers are really taking advantage of the high cov trend and buyers got victimised in the end. with that amount of money you could easily find another flat that is fully renovated. funny lehh why you chose the flat?
bcoz it is really consider cheap alrdy for a 4rm flat at tat area~ Can u imagine we saw tis 3rm flat not much reno...they alrdy asking for 277k inclusive of 27k COV lor~ So given to u which 1 will u choose? Sumore the 4rm flat is corner unit at 7th floor, the 4rm n the 3rm flats is juz 4mins walk difference lor~ So i rather get tat 4rm flat @ 315k~

Yes i muz agreed tat the cov is madness....so much cov yet no reno is done sumore no aircon units too~

tinkerball

bcoz it is really consider cheap alrdy for a 4rm flat at that area~ Can you imagine we saw tis 3rm flat not much reno...they alrdy asking for 277k inclusive of 27k COV ~ So given to you which 1 will you choose? Sumore the 4rm flat is corner unit at 7th floor, the 4rm n the 3rm flats is just 4mins walk difference ~ So i rather get that 4rm flat @ 315k~

Yes i must agreed that the cov is madness....so much cov yet no reno is done sumore no aircon units too~
i actually viewed a 4rm flat in ang mo kio which is only asking 5k in cov. that was in jan this year. have basic necessities like flooring and cabinet, unfortunately not our ideal estate. i think it depends on ur luck if ur agent can get u a cheap flat. yeah location plays a part. but if i have ur 27k, i can get a nicely furnished flat in the west. u must be forking out a bomb to reno your flat..

LoVeS

i actually viewed a 4rm flat in ang mo kio which is only asking 5k in cov. that was in jan this year. have basic necessities like flooring and cabinet, unfortunately not our ideal estate. i think it depends on your luck if your agent can get you a cheap flat. yeah location plays a part. but if i have your 27k, i can get a nicely furnished flat in the west. you must be forking out a bomb to reno your flat..
the amk flat u saw is which floor?? Low floor or mid floor?

Yeah reno wise we will need to spend at least 15k~ Juz the cov alone is alrdy taking alot of our $$ so end up our reno budget aso went down bcoz the cov budget was over wat we xpected~ we only put aside 20k initially~

tinkerball

the amk flat you saw is which floor?? Low floor or mid floor?

Yeah reno wise we will need to spend at least 15k~ just the cov alone is alrdy taking alot of our $$ so end up our reno budget aso went down bcoz the cov budget was over what we xpected~ we only put aside 20k initially~
5th or 6th floor. cant really remember. furthermore they are having lift upgrading when we viewed the flat and its almost ready. corner unit somemore..

Chantel

ya ..that's y i dont want to buy resale..but BTO also cannot get..
Hi, we are a young couple without any kids but the thing is that i'm actually still a student with 0 income. We are living on a rented room & our monthly rental alone is abt $600.

& the onlyy one earning is my bf. We recently applied for a 3rm under BTO & we successfully got it.. I don't understand why you insist to want a 4rm flat but actually if you think about it 3rm is better because you will not need to slog very hard to support the house & everything.. We don't mind a 3rm though im a grad-to-be as I feel we do not need it.

& what's more renting out may not be what you expect because i'm living on a rented room & I fully agree that it will be the best to have the whole house to yourself & yr family.

All the best in getting a flat. :)

tinkerball

Hi, we are a young couple without any kids but the thing is that i'm actually still a student with 0 income. We are living on a rented room & our monthly rental alone is about $600.

& the onlyy one earning is my bf. We recently applied for a 3rm under BTO & we successfully got it.. I dont't understand why you insist to want a 4rm flat but actually if you think about it 3rm is better because you will not need to slog very hard to support the house & everything.. We dont't mind a 3rm though im a grad-to-be as I feel we do not need it.

& what's more renting out may not be what you expect because i'm living on a rented room & I fully agree that it will be the best to have the whole house to yourself & yr family.

All the best in getting a flat. :)
my flat is currently 3 room. however i dont see that as my ideal permanent home cos reason mainly is we are planning to expand our family and have more kids. once kids grow up they need more space especially if u have boys and girls, they need separate room definitely.thats why long term planning is needed. when i buy i flat i dun see it as an investment but rather a home to stay in. grow old there and live until i die. whats more when comes one day when our elderly folks can no longer care for themselves and need our care the extra room will come in handy. 3 rm is more ideal for couples who dont plan to have kids or small families. its not just for the space alone. its for the people living in it. perhaps when u start a family in future u might realise u do need a bigger flat after all.:001_302:

Chantel

my flat is currently 3 room. however i dont see that as my ideal permanent home cos reason mainly is we are planning to expand our family and have more kids. once kids grow up they need more space especially if you have boys and girls, they need separate room definitely.thats why long term planning is needed. when i buy i flat i dont see it as an investment but rather a home to stay in. grow old there and live until i die. whats more when comes one day when our elderly folks can no longer care for themselves and need our care the extra room will come in handy. 3 rm is more ideal for couples who dont plan to have kids or small families. its not just for the space alone. its for the people living in it. perhaps when you start a family in future you might realise you do need a bigger flat after all.:001_302:
Yea, I totally agree with you for the big families part. It's of cuz very logical for big families to live in a bigger flat. We only intend to have 1 child in the near future n getting a 3room is perfect for us. :)

However for her case, paull, her purpose is as what I see, to rent out tht Extra room for extra income to finance the house etc.. Alot of ppl are doing his but they need to think of the contingency plans eg what if the room is not occupied for a period? Would yr financing be a risk?

I learnt a lesson when i was staying with my ex-landlord. Their case is that they do not have the ability to support the 4rm flat despite renting out to ppl n in the end HDB forced them to sell their house n live with some other ppl on a 3rm flat. What's more the 3 room flat isn't theirs, it belongs to hdb. They are just so called "renting" the flat together with other ppl.

All in all, it still depends on your financial ability & important planning :)

cheers :D

tinkerball

Yea, I totally agree with you for the big families part. It's of cuz very logical for big families to live in a bigger flat. We only intend to have 1 child in the near future n getting a 3room is perfect for us. :)

However for her case, paull, her purpose is as what I see, to rent out tht Extra room for extra income to finance the house etc.. Alot of ppl are doing his but they need to think of the contingency plans eg what if the room is not occupied for a period? Would yr financing be a risk?

I learnt a lesson when i was staying with my ex-landlord. Their case is that they do not have the ability to support the 4rm flat despite renting out to ppl n in the end HDB forced them to sell their house n live with some other ppl on a 3rm flat. What's more the 3 room flat isn't theirs, it belongs to hdb. They are just so called "renting" the flat together with other ppl.

All in all, it still depends on your financial ability & important planning :)

cheers :D
actually i think for paull's initial plan is to buy a 4 rm but after advice from other mummies she did realise after all she she may not be able to finance.. thus she is open to 2rm and 3 rm. its not a case of die, die must get 4 room for her. her main concern is the difficulty of getting any flat at all. like most ppl u wuld naturally want to get a home of ur own once u started a family. the rental is just to supplement income cos her hubby dun earn much after all. must think of baby too in case of emergencies. some 3 room flat actually cost almost the same as 4 room depends on the area. so u cant blame them when some ppl would rather get a 4rm flat instead. my 3rm cost 290k. i can get a 4 rm or even 5 rm for that amount if bought direct from hdb. so it boils down to the price of the flat, not how big the flat is.

Last edited:

paull

thanks ar, so concern for me =) haiz now still applying for bto, still cant get :( now punggol and seng kang also apply liao..hope can get a flat, location and how many bedrm also nvm le..

tinkerball

thanks ar, so concern for me =) sigh now still applying for bto, still cant get :( now punggol and seng kang also apply ..hope can get a flat, location and how many bedrm also nvm ..
wish u the best of luck. i know what u goin thru cos ive been there before too. dun give up ya:001_302:

Chantel

thanks ar, so concern for me =) sigh now still applying for bto, still cant get :( now punggol and seng kang also apply ..hope can get a flat, location and how many bedrm also nvm ..
did u try for Segar Grove previously?? It was launched in Dec last year, because the takeup rate wasn't very ideal & 3rm left with ard 100 units..
I heard that HDB would be using those vacant units for sale of balance flats.

All the Best, Don't give up. :)

paull

yeah i did apply, but that time i apply for 4 rm, so din get..i'm waiting for the sale of balance flat thingy to launch, but when i call up hdb to ask they say this year dun have leh..

Chantel

yeah i did apply, but that time i apply for 4 rm, so did not get..i'm waiting for the sale of balance flat thingy to launch, but when i call up hdb to ask they say this year dont have ..
Ohh ic.. because from what I know the subscription for 4room in Segar Grove was 6 times over-subscribed but 3 room is not full.

Actually before 2010, HDB always have Quarterly sale of balance flat but ever since oct 2009 they are not doing it regularly & I also checked with them. They said that it will be based on HDB's decision whether to launch sale of balance flat at any point of time.

btw, you can subscribe to HDB email notifications of any launch of BTOs & sale of balance flats :)