how to calculate ovulation period.

diamond25

Hi ALL,

I need help. How do I calculate my ovulation date? I got my period on 4th October, followed by 7th November.
So how do I calculate my ovulation date?

JuzAngel

U gotta to know ur ave menstrual cycle days, 1st day of ur last menstrual period & ur est ovulation date is calculated by subtructing 14-16 days fm the date of ur nxt period. Typically ovulation can take place during days 11-21 of the menstrual cycle.
Try these link :Dancing_wub:
Ovulation Calculator
Ovulation Calculator

CanCanMum

Hi ALL,

I need help. How do I calculate my ovulation date? I got my period on 4th October, followed by 7th November.
Personally i feel the Mucus method is more accurate.

1) Watery mucus discharge + some crampy like feeling (this is when the egg is ripe and anytime will release) = good time to strike...coz its watery and slippery inside, easier for sperms to swim and strike.
2) Egg white mucus discharge = egg already released...not sure if it will still strike so easily...but last time nurses told us if u want to try for a girl this is the best time.

Bear in mind sperms stay active in our bodies for up to 5 days.

If calculate based on your menstrual cycle, and if u are a 28cycle person, the 14th day (including the 1st day of yr period) will be ovulation date.

By yr example, 7th Nov (1st day), 20 nov (TOMORROW!!) should be your ovulation date. U may wan to try on 20, 21, 22 and 23 consecutively just to make sure you dun miss the egg.

GOOD LUCK!

January84

Personally i feel the Mucus method is more accurate.

1) Watery mucus discharge + some crampy like feeling (this is when the egg is ripe and anytime will release) = good time to strike...coz its watery and slippery inside, easier for sperms to swim and strike.
2) Egg white mucus discharge = egg already released...not sure if it will still strike so easily...but last time nurses told us if u want to try for a girl this is the best time.

Bear in mind sperms stay active in our bodies for up to 5 days.

If calculate based on your menstrual cycle, and if u are a 28cycle person, the 14th day (including the 1st day of yr period) will be ovulation date.

By yr example, 7th Nov (1st day), 20 nov (TOMORROW!!) should be your ovulation date. U may wan to try on 20, 21, 22 and 23 consecutively just to make sure you dun miss the egg.

GOOD LUCK!

cancanmum,
max time span is only 72hours(3 days) = sperm alive period

January84

izzit???

i read before in a website it says 5 days worhz

paisei paisei

u shd write "dear cancanmum" ma...make me paisei....

paisei paisei..

"Dear cancanmum",

heheh,

ya loh, my gynae told me one, she say the max is 72 hours....

hmmmm....

lawla12

Hi ALL,

i got tis from another topic....hope it helps~

BBT = Basal Body Temperature

it is the temperature taken in the morning first thing you wake up and it is suppose to be taken daily at the same time. then you can do a chart using the temperature... you should start taking the temperature from the 1st day of your period (i.e. the 1st day you see a blood flow which needs a pad) to the 1st day of your next period.

BBT can help to track when you ovulate (O) and thus detemines your most fertile days... which is 2 days before O and O day.

I use this to track my temperature:
Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - FertilityFriend.com

there is a special BBT Thermometer for this, which have 2 decimal points compared to the normal thermometer... BBT thermometer have a higher accuracy bcos of the 2 decimal place as compared to the normal ones... you can get the BBT thermometer at watsons or guardian at ard $10-$20.... i'm using omron brand from guardian... dun get the guardian house brand one... i try that one b4.. and it got spoilt after 2 use...

you can read more abt BBT here:
Basal body temperature - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

there are also alot of information on Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - FertilityFriend.com

CanCanMum

BIG CARROT SPOTTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lols lols!!!

bahahahhahha

u r mistress leh...lols

back to topic:

anyone tried the cervial mucus method? I tried tat becoz it seems more accurate. I used tat for birth control as well.

lawla12

lols lols!!!

bahahahhahha

u r mistress leh...lols

back to topic:

anyone tried the cervial mucus method? I tried tat becoz it seems more accurate. I used tat for birth control as well.
wad is cervial mucus method ??????????? :err:

CanCanMum

wad is cervial mucus method ??????????? :err:
cervical mucus method :

1) Dry days = infertile

2) Watery mucus = "egg is released"

3) Egg White mucus = "egg is ripe"

4) Yellow 'mustard' mucus consistency = "egg will be disintegrated = unfertilized egg"

Best time to TTC is at 2), while egg is released. Becoz sperms can stay alive in our womb for 72 hours i dink.

Cervical mucus - MayoClinic.com

How to use the cervical mucus method. If you decide to use the cervical mucus method, you'll observe your cervical secretions every day, beginning the day after your menstrual bleeding has stopped. Here are some tips for using this method:
  • <LI class=doublespace>Note and record the appearance, consistency and how the secretions feel. Fertile secretions are clear, stretchy, wet and slippery. <LI class=doublespace>Check your cervix position with your finger. During ovulation your cervix is slightly higher, softer and more open; before and after ovulation it's firmer, lower and closed.
  • It's considered safe to have unprotected sex during menstruation and a few days after it, before noting fertile cervical mucus, as well as after ovulation, when mucus decreases in volume and becomes cloudy and tacky.
This method is less reliable for women who produce little mucus or if the natural mucus pattern is altered by external factors, such as reproductive tract infections, douches, feminine hygiene products and use of some medications such as decongestants.

lawla12

cervical mucus method :

This method is less reliable for women who produce little mucus or if the natural mucus pattern is altered by external factors, such as reproductive tract infections, douches, feminine hygiene products and use of some medications such as decongestants.

pengz.....my mucus hor...NOT reliable de.....generally, during ovulation, it shd b thick n more visible rite....but mine hor, cant see ANYTING leh.....hold my panty near near oso cant see.........ZzzZZZ...:weno:

my colleague ask me to drink grapejuice which helps to make the mucus more visible.....it was her gynae who ask her to use tis method to check on her mucus.....but for me, it does not work at all...i drank the grapejuice on alternate days for 3mths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i still cant see anyting....in the end, i gave up arrrrrrrrr...........:wong14:

stonston

I use ovulation tests :)

hv alot of spares to let go at super cheap pricing cos expiry is oct this yr :) overstocked :)

D_I

hi girl. the ovulation tests knit will only appear positive when it is our ov day but not on those day that those online calender say that is our fertile day