How to clean "pi sai" from baby's nose

yennee76

Mummies (and daddies),
would like to know how did you clear the "pi sai" from your baby nose? Wanted to dig the "gold" from by DD's nose.. but dun know how.. and scare I might injure her if I use something hard...hmmm:embarrassed:

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Mummies (and daddies),
would like to know how did you clear the "pi sai" from your baby nose? Wanted to dig the "gold" from by DD's nose.. but dun know how.. and scare I might injure her if I use something hard...hmmm:embarrassed:
2 mths got pi sai prob meh? :p
I started using the suction thingy when my gal abt 1yr... from Kiddy Palace... pretty effective for running nose.
If hard gold... more tricky... I prefer to use the tweezer to dislodge... my DW prefers to use her fingers.... her method more effective... but I always complain... later the kid's nostril become BIG! OMG....

In any case, u cannot expect the kid to sit still n let u clean the nose... so just trail n error... whichever position/method the kid is most comfortable with :)

Porukadotzu

i use the nazal suction too, but hv to be careful not to blow the air inside baby's nose, specially ur baby only 2 mth old. if its a hard one normally i use baby cotton bud with baby oil and rub around her inside nose b4 i use the nazal suction. but ya, need to know how is the comfy position otherwise baby will cry out loud! hehhe

isabelandrew

mine only 8 weeks old but she got alot of pi sai. what i did is to wait for it to come out then pulll out. if not, she cannot sleep well. another way is to insert one kind of eye drop(can be used for nose) and it will dissolves. can buy from guardian pharmacy. salycrn drop...

yennee76

my hubby used the cotton bud.. but I scare tat baby will move and the cotton bud poke into her nostril.

I got this suction thingy.. will try it out. If doesn't work, then I will go buy the salycrn drop.

Thanks all for sharing! ^_^

CanCanMum

one though and effective way to dig out is by force

get yr DH to hold her head still

while u do yr digging.

but u gotta be quick la.....

mebbe trial once first lols

otherwise when they sneeze will come out de la....no worries de.

i am only worried about ear wax. my boy got loads of it inside deep deep ones....dangerous to take out.

hui0

you can buy seawater spray from pharmacist. it helps dissolves the harderned dirt in the nose and eventually clear the nostrils.:)

yennee76

one though and effective way to dig out is by force

get yr DH to hold her head still

while u do yr digging.

but u gotta be quick la.....

mebbe trial once first lols

otherwise when they sneeze will come out de la....no worries de.

i am only worried about ear wax. my boy got loads of it inside deep deep ones....dangerous to take out.

wah.. cancanmum... din know you are so violent one...:we2Randy-git:haha
the nostrils are still very small leh... and my fingers too big... scare if i force my fingers in, next time my dd nostrils will be come big big!

Oppsgal

Mine bb also lots pi sai as cry so much till the nose pi sai stuck there.

If almost fall out of nose and liquid kind pi sai, I try to use bb's mouth wiper poke the nose to try stick it out. So far not working.:001_302:

Suction thingy and cotton buds don't seems to work.

Last edited:

isabelandrew

aiya, go to guardian to buy salycrn drop, just costs u $2.50. although it says eye drop, u can use for nose. if the pi sai is too big, the next day after you drip, u can see it. what i do is to pull out. my BB c

autumn82

Mine bb also lots pi sai as cry so much till the nose pi sai stuck there.

If almost fall out of nose and liquid kind pi sai, I try to use bb's mouth wiper poke the nose to try stick it out. So far not working.:001_302:

Suction thingy and cotton buds don't seems to work.
Get Sterimar (nasal spray) from Guardian, think cost less than $10 a bottle. Spray oredi, use cotton bud wipe. Been using that since DS was a NB.

raeka

When my boy was infant i use tissue twist it then slowly dig while he is asleep.
Now is use the baby cotton bud dip with water then slowly dig if it alot if not just leave it to come out itself..

babyjoy

My gal oso got lots of "pi-sai" .. when she was less than 2 months old, I use my mouth to suck quite often (I brush & rinse my mouth) .. of course she cries alot..if not she'll be very "sin ku" when drinking milk... see alos very sad.. However,normally if is sticky kind, it'll come out lol.. if not got to wait till she sneeze..

then when she's slightly older than 2 months, I use a cotton bud that comes with a ear digger type... at 1st I try to approach her with the cotton bud side 1st and lightly twist internally, she's ok..then carefully turn to the digger one (hand must be very steady & alert on her movement, coz she'll struggle)...after a few times of stuggling & crying, she's ok till today, although she still struggle at times trying to turn away..as she recognize it when she sees it..

Babies are smart, as they knows that after digging they'll be very very "shuang" (= comfortable)...

Angelvan

I clean my bb p.sai whenever i see any using the common "TISSUE".
Done best after bath, when the p.sai is moist.
Armed with a tissue, near the window with bright sunlight & slight water.

1. Using a clean tissue & roll any corner to fit just nice into bb nostril.
(Note: Do not rolled too thick or stuff it too deep, just nice to fit into the mini nostril.)

2. Slowly insert the tissue, gently turning it out in clockwise direction on each try.
(Note: Bb skin are very delicate & soft, therefore do with extra care.)

3. If the p.sai is very dry kind. Moist it with little water on the corner of the rolled tissue and try again.

So far very effective & would like to share.