How to cook vegetable dish?

isabelandrew

it is a diaster when i cook vegetable dish.

can someone teach me for free?

it is either too hard (the vegetables) or too salty.

how i can cook nice soften vegetable without losing the nutrents and green color?
what kind of seasoning eg oyster sauce i can use?

i know it is abt 'skills' but can someone share w me?

tnx..:err:

yellowpudding

how i can cook nice soften vegetable without losing the nutrents and green color?

i know it is about 'skills' but can someone share w me?

thanks..:err:
darling, normally you can add some corn flour and water then stir it into your vegetables and let it simmer, it will helps soften it.

For seasoning, other than oyster sauce, you can do some slightly spicy "gong bao ji ding" alike sauce also.

For alternative advices, you can PM me. Can teach you anytime. :001_302:

isabelandrew

tnx, very nice of u?

but when i can put the corn starch water? immediately after i put the veggies? medium fire too high?

isabelandrew

thanks, very nice of you:001_302:

but when i can put the corn starch water? immediately after i put the veggies? medium fire too high?

yellowpudding

thanks, very nice of you:001_302:

after you put the vegetables in for sometime, say 5-10 mins later, you can add the corn starch with water. Turn heat to low fire. :)

glenndanker

Alpha Male

i know it is about 'skills' but can someone share w me?

thanks..:err:
Do you have a microwave. If yes, very simple. Clean your vegetables and place them nicely on a microwable plate and press the button for auto cook fresh vegetables. Thereafter add a teaspoon of olive oil, light sauce or yster sauce to your preference and you going to enjoy it...

Last edited:

mummypooh

HI all,

Is there any other ways besides cooking veg w oyster sauce?...coz i cook my veg mostly w this sauce, a bit sianz liao coz it all taste the same w d oyster sauce.

Thanks

Spiralng

HI all,

Is there any other ways besides cooking veg w oyster sauce?...coz i cook my veg mostly w this sauce, a bit sianz coz it all taste the same w d oyster sauce.

Thanks
Can try the following:

1. fermented beancurb w sugar.

2. ground sesame paste wif light soya sauce and some sesame oil.

CDL

Perhaps you can try this - very easy - and yes, I couldn't cook too when I first got married.

Use a non-stick pan, turn on the flame (keep it low so you can control your cooking) drizzle a little cooking oil (about the size of a 20 cent coin) and wait for a few minutes. Add in chopped garlic (about 2 cloves) and fry slowly till the garlic turns light brown, add a pinch of salt (put your hand into the salt container and take out a pinch using your thumb and forefinger), add your vegetables (about 1 cup of washed and cut veg), toss to coat with the garlic, oil and salt, keep tossing for 30 seconds, stop and remove 1 piece of veg and taste it (if its too hard continue cooking, if its not tastly enough, add a little more salt), continue with this process of tossing and tasting every 30 seconds until you get the right texture and taste (since flame in low, you will have the time to sample and taste without the vegetables overcooking).

For variety you can add different vegetables, minced meat, prawns, fried ikan billis, dried mushrooms, various sauces (oyster, chilli beancurd, taucheow, tom yam paste, sesame oil, mustard).

Once you master the basic garlic, salt and vegetables, you can try any combination of vegetables with ease. Experiment and you will find our own combination of vegetables that you and your family enjoy.