how to deal with leaking

snowbear

mummies ~ where to buy breast pad? >.<
Kiddy Palace, some NTUCs, major departmental stores. You can choose from disposable ones and washable ones. As i'm a SAHM, i use the washable ones, more cost-saving (if buying the washable pads, buy medela... they're soft after washing, not like Avent's..)

Jo'an

I think mine stopped leaking between the 2nd and 3rd month.

Do you latch or pump? You cannot overpump otherwise this problem will never end...

I've used Pigeon, Tollyjoy, Avent and Mothercare disposable breastpads. If you dun use the bigger type then the small ones can't really help to absorb much from my experience.

I've also used washable breast pads from Avent and Medela. The medela ones are really nice and soft but each breastpad is double the price of Avent's. Avent's become hard after washing. Now i'm just using the washable ones as i'm a SAHM and using them is more cost-saving.
Hi Snowbear,

U mentioned not to over pump. Do u mean pumping too frequently or pumping duration is too long?

snowbear

Hi Snowbear,

U mentioned not to over pump. Do u mean pumping too frequently or pumping duration is too long?
When i say overpump i mean pumping more than what your baby needs, so it could be pumping more frequently than baby's feeds or pumping duration is too long (in general shouldn't exceed half hr in case your nipples become sore).

stonston

i personally prefer to overpump n increase milk supply and bear with the leaking problem :)
to me, increasing milk supply was more impt than dealing with the leaky situation :p

snowbear

i personally prefer to overpump n increase milk supply and bear with the leaking problem :)
to me, increasing milk supply was more impt than dealing with the leaky situation :p
in your situation, i guess i'd overpump too coz go back to work must build up supply. :) but for me a SAHM, it's definitely wiser not to overpump! :Dancing_tongue: