How to do Chores when bb start to CRAWL

mskathy

Hihi mummies.. any tips on how to handle babies when they start to crawl? i used to put my bb on the rocker now she is mobile she no longer like to be "trap" there.. i nid to cook and clean up the hse since i'm alone at hm in the day and i've pets too.. help help..

joeichen

Hihi mummies.. any tips on how to handle babies when they start to crawl? i used to put my baby on the rocker now she is mobile she no longer like to be "trap" there.. i nid to cook and clean up the house since i'm alone at hm in the day and i've pets too.. help help..
I used to "trap" my boy using fencing so no matter hw he crawl he is still within the fence.
1 side is wall, 1 side is sofa then other use playpen n fence to block, I put in a lot of pillow n toy to keep him bz while i do my things.

annie

ya. buy a fence to keep bb playing inside or put the bb in playpen or cot or u carry her lor hehe. as in sling the bb

annie

i dun mind using a walker if my house is big enough. hehe. cant use now cos house too small! she no space to walk!

mskathy

I used to "trap" my boy using fencing so no matter hw he crawl he is still within the fence.
1 side is wall, 1 side is sofa then other use playpen and fence to block, I put in a lot of pillow and toy to keep him bz while i do my things.
Thanks.. i thot about it.. my hubby say act should trap pets instead.. but i thot it will be dangerous for bb to crawl abt since there are cupboards.. tables etc.. do u think it will help if i were to buy a rocker? Is there 1 available for this age?

mskathy

Put your baby in the playpen while you do house chores
thanks. Do you mean putting them at the bottom of playpen? i have one which was hand over.. there is the top part and there is 1 below.. do you knw hw to clean since the whole thing cant be remove to wash?

Last edited by a moderator:

annie

i dont live in sg so im not too sure where to buy but then i heard those baby shops should sell. dont know how much also.. its like a fence thinggy... or if space allows, you can baby proof one rm and let her play inside. not very easy though.

yes use bottom of the playpen. use damp cloth to wipe can . but some baby dosent like to be trap inside the playpen cos its small.. got to see how your baby takes to it. my girl have not start crawling but i plan to just put her in the playpen and see how. my turn will come soon anyway since she is already 7.5mths lol.

rocker can be for any age up to 18mths for some n up to 3-4yrs old for some. as long as your bb is willing to be strap inside then ok. your hubby didnt think far enough maybe. u r right, there are tables, chairs etc etc n bb will easily bump their head onto those furnitures so keeping them in a safe area to play isnt a bad idea...unless u r those who believe bb wont learn if they dun fall? then go ahead n let them fall so they will learn wat is dangerous n wat is not? hehe

snowbear

Hihi mummies.. any tips on how to handle babies when they start to crawl? i used to put my baby on the rocker now she is mobile she no longer like to be "trap" there.. i nid to cook and clean up the house since i'm alone at hm in the day and i've pets too.. help help..
What i usually do when i need to cook or prepare food is to place my baby on the kitchen floor (remove all dangerous objects within her reach) then give her some "toys" like her crockery and utensils (coz it somehow fascinates her compared to her own toys) to play with. Usually she'll play with her "toys" or just crawl around after her "toys" after she throws them...

If i need to get something done around the house, i'll either leave her in her cot (which she'll scream usually, so i dont do it often) or leave her in her room (door closed coz she'll crawl out in no time). I baby-proofed her room and it's full of colourful charts and her toys. I dont give her walker coz my house also no space for her to 'fly' around in it.

Oppsgal

Fence about 70 - 100++. Depends on what brand.

Try put the fence to block the baby in the bedroom. Got cupboard get those stick on to prevent corner from hurting the baby. Baby proof the electric plugs, fans etc.

Put toys let baby play but must be sure no small parts to eat.

Domique

So Cute! I can imagine Alicia playing while mummy cooking.. heartwarming. She seems very obedient.

What i usually do when i need to cook or prepare food is to place my baby on the kitchen floor (remove all dangerous objects within her reach) then give her some "toys" like her crockery and utensils (coz it somehow fascinates her compared to her own toys) to play with. Usually she'll play with her "toys" or just crawl around after her "toys" after she throws them...

If i need to get something done around the house, i'll either leave her in her cot (which she'll scream usually, so i dont do it often) or leave her in her room (door closed coz she'll crawl out in no time). I baby-proofed her room and it's full of colourful charts and her toys. I dont give her walker coz my house also no space for her to 'fly' around in it.

somenifty

Depends on the chore that I am doing. If it is simple things like vacumming or washing then I will use the baby carrier. If it is something that could be a danger to my baby like cooking, I will use the play pen.

annie

if wanna put bb in a rm but wanna be able to see bb then can just buy those bb gate. no need fence. bb gate think 40plus got liao. last time i bought in a shop in tanglin mall but i think many place got sell la.

snowbear

So Cute! I can imagine Alicia playing while mummy cooking.. heartwarming. She seems very obedient.
haha... obedient?? keke... last time my uncle's wife told me that's what she did with her youngest son. i didn't quite believe that a child can sit there and play while u cook, but it's possible!!! As long as u give the baby something she really likes to play with, it can really occupy her. I also talk to her as i cook/ prepare food so she knows what i'm doing....

CanCanMum

when baby is mobile there are a few ways to "trap" them or keep them occupied while u go busy with things

1) Playpen (like the mummies suggested)

2) walker (if space constraint its quite hard)

3) playmat - those rubber mats with alphabets to lay on floor. But u need to make sure the furnitures/wires do not pose a threat to baby when crawling coz they might pull on for support...

4) mattress - this is wad i did, put him in a small room w/o much high furnitures, lay with pillows and bolsters and his favourite soft toys....he play there while i do my household chores, but its not "lasting" perhaps 30-45minutes?

other than that i time my household chores to suit his timing, means when he is taking naps then i quickly do. He takes afternoon nap for 3 hours.

Attachments