How to do Chores when bb start to CRAWL

yan2

thanks. Do you mean putting them at the bottom of playpen? i have one which was hand over.. there is the top part and there is 1 below.. do you knw hw to clean since the whole thing cant be remove to wash?
You should put them at the bottom of playpen (the base is abit above the ground level), buy a mattresss to put on the base and alots of soft toys. Top part is for babies sleeping, remove that

I just used a clean cloth and wipes around.

yan2

I put my dd in the playpen till now she is 2yrs old when i doing housework. She got used to it. As now she is older, I told her if she walkes around while i sweeping and mopping, she will fall and head pain pain..haha..explained to them that will understand.

mskathy

when baby is mobile there are a few ways to "trap" them or keep them occupied while you go busy with things

1) Playpen (like the mummies suggested)

2) walker (if space constraint its quite hard)

3) playmat - those rubber mats with alphabets to lay on floor. But you need to make sure the furnitures/wires do not pose a threat to baby when crawling coz they might pull on for support...

4) mattress - this is what i did, put him in a small room w/o much high furnitures, lay with pillows and bolsters and his favourite soft toys....he play there while i do my household chores, but its not "lasting" perhaps 30-45minutes?

other than that i time my household chores to suit his timing, means when he is taking naps then i quickly do. He takes afternoon nap for 3 hours.
i have playmat nw.. so i tot having fence is really gd idea of confining her within the mat.. wat i does now is try to do my stuffs during her zzz time.. so sad ya.. cook, eat, wash and check email all within her zzz time..

mskathy

I put my dear daughter in the playpen till now she is 2yrs old when i doing housework. She got used to it. As now she is older, I told her if she walkes around while i sweeping and mopping, she will fall and head pain pain..haha..explained to them that will understand.
i'll take out the playpen tomo and clear it.. try and c if she is ok.. she is super hyper by the way.. ke ke ke

yan2

i'll take out the playpen tomo and clear it.. try and c if she is ok.. she is super hyper by the way.. ke ke ke
Put soft toys in there for her to play. Also maybe you can on her favourite program. She might not be used to restricted area..dun give up..she will get used to it.

CanCanMum

i have playmat now.. so i thought having fence is really good idea of confining her within the mat.. what i does now is try to do my stuffs during her zzz time.. so sad ya.. cook, eat, wash and check email all within her zzz time..
oh u tokkin about the play yard izzit?

yah lorrr wad to do? bo bianz

EnFlor

With my dear daughter, what i did was to put her in her high-seat feeding chair, strapped her up safely. She sat in the kitchen with me with all her baby toys while i did my chores like cooking, cleaning, washing toilets.

Of course she made noise at times but what to do, at least, could hear her make noise while sitting safely there was better than she wandered elsewhere quietly and did other dangerous stuff. Also the chair was mobile so i was within her reach should anything happen.

Put her in playpen too but at one point, she knew how to climb up and out. So frustrating during that phase!

redjn

what i did was to put my kid in the playpen with toys & on some cartoon show while doing the chores like vaccum, mop and laundry. I only do the cooking when he take his afternoon nap which normally about 2-3 hrs sometime even longer. If I am lucky sometime he sleep longer, I even have time for shower & a short nap b4 he wakes up.

autumn82

I only wipe and mop floor when both kids turn in for the day, which is usually after 7pm. Becoz I can't tahan ppl walking ard when the floor is wet and Iggy has been actively exploring the hse so no choice I have to do it. :tlaugh:Hardly cook unless got mood and if I do cook, it would be done early in the morn. Other chores, I just leave it to the maid that comes weekly. :001_302:

CanCanMum

yup baObei's time management beri good lols~~~

fyi, my son when he was younger, slipped and fell so many times on wet floor lols~~~silly kiddo ask him sit still on sofa refused to listen *obi good*

lols~~~

llcyahoo

I used to piggy back my son when i am doing hsework. And bring into toilet when i am bathing. cos he will keep crying for me.

tinkerball

Hihi mummies.. any tips on how to handle babies when they start to crawl? i used to put my baby on the rocker now she is mobile she no longer like to be "trap" there.. i nid to cook and clean up the house since i'm alone at hm in the day and i've pets too.. help help..
i used an inflatable pool and fill it up with pillows and toys. it doubles up as a playground. bought it from toys 'r' rus. height is higher than the knee and cost bout 30plus. plus its colourful and spacious and u wont have to worry baby crawling anywhere else. now my son is 18mths i use it as his bed cos he's a rough sleeper and i dont want to worry him ending up at strange places when he sleeps.:Dancing_wub:

i used an inflatable pool and fill it up with pillows and toys. it doubles up as a playground. bought it from toys 'are' rus. height is higher than the knee and cost bout 30plus. plus its colourful and spacious and you wont have to worry baby crawling anywhere else. now my son is 18mths i use it as his bed cos he's a rough sleeper and i dont want to worry him ending up at strange places when he sleeps.:Dancing_wub:
sounds nice. gonna find it... toy'rrrrrrrrr'us only paragon and where? sorry arhh seldom go toy'rrrrrrrrrr'us........

snowbear

I find that playyards are good when bb just learnt to crawl and are not that stable but after that it may be too restrictive when they grow older. Initially i child-proofed her room n let her play only in her room when she first started crawling. When she was better but still getting into trouble at times, i'd bring her with me to whichever part of the house i needed to be and give her some toys to entertain her. Being in her room just wasn't enuff for her by then so those playyards with fences dun work well with her. Now my dd crawls around the whole house (i'd close the doors of the rooms i dun want her to enter n make sure there are no dangerous items ard) n i just need to chk on her every now and then...

autumn82

I find that playyards are good when baby just learnt to crawl and are not that stable but after that it may be too restrictive when they grow older. Initially i child-proofed her room and let her play only in her room when she first started crawling. When she was better but still getting into trouble at times, i'd bring her with me to whichever part of the house i needed to be and give her some toys to entertain her. Being in her room just wasn't enuff for her by then so those playyards with fences dont work well with her. Now my dear daughter crawls around the whole house (i'd close the doors of the rooms i dont want her to enter and make sure there are no dangerous items around) and i just need to chk on her every now and then...
Same.. Now Iggy starts to venture to the kitchen.. To check out my dog's food and water ever now and there.. and I'd have to carry him out.. :embarrassed: My kitchen door's lock is faulty.. Time to change.. b4 I go crazy carrying him out of the kitchen all day.. :tlaugh:

stonston

Autumn, maybe u wanna get a baby gate for ur kitchen. i have a baby gate for my kitchen so my boy wont play with my dog's food.

autumn82

Autumn, maybe you wanna get a baby gate for your kitchen. i have a baby gate for my kitchen so my boy wont play with my dog's food.
I did tot of getting a gate as well.. But think again, must as well change the kitchen door lock since I also need to change it too. :001_302: