I can't believe Im pregnant!

Hikari

Hi Mummies,I'm new to this webby.I've just turned 23 and I just had my solemnization with my 24yo Hubby last December.We already had concrete plans for our customary 2 years down the road.Needed some time to save for our dream wedding in some posh hotel and time to work up our career ladders.Who knows I just found out I was 6weeks pregnant last Thursday!Been feeling sick and nauseous for some time and I missed my period but I initially thought that I was just stressed at work,furthermore my period has always been irregular.Imagine my shock when I went to the polyclinic and they were just doing the urine test to make sure I wasn't pregnant before giving me the medication.Holding the positive results in my hand,my mind was blank.The doc sent me to Kandang Kerbau Hospital to confirm my pregnancy.They did a scan and confirmed my pregnancy.The lady doc looked at me and told me the baby is healthy and told me not to worry.I burst into tears on the spot.Called Hubby and he was happy about it.But when I broke the news to my parents,they insisted on settling the customary in the next month before my tummy starts to show.Now I've a month to plan for what was to be my dream wedding.Morning sickness has been terrible for me,I am weak and dizzy all the time and my tummy can never hold food for long.I puke out almost everything I eat and am more prone to colds/flus.Sometimes,I am so unsure of the future.I keep questioning myself whether I'm ready for the baby.I am still very playful and childish and everyone still sees me as a kid.I worry about my baby everyday.I've heard of how unstable the first trimester is and yet I'm clueless on what to do to protect my baby.I told myself that the baby is a godsent and a wake-up call for me but there are days I sink into so much self-pity and regret that I feel guilty.Part of me wants to be a mummy,wants to feel the joy of holding a little bundle of joy in my hands.And part of me,wished that the baby never happened.Can anyone tell me what I should do/think/feel?
=(

kiwimummy

First of all congrats! We are in the same year although I have yet to turn 23! Hehehhe. Its true first trimester is the most fragile state thats why we have to be extra careful to ourself and don't do things that will lead to miscarriage.

I was like you at first, very worried cause we just got married and furthermore we're getting a house and with all the expense that will be adding in, having a baby at this time is not appropriate either but when I hear the baby's heartbeat and see the scan for the very first time, I know I love him/her even before I met him/her. So therefore from there the happiness bloom and hubby is also excited!

When you hold the baby in your arms, who knows your maternal instincts kicked in and we will become a changed person. So don't worry much, just enjoy the pregnancy! :) The more you think about it the more you will feel depressed. Pregnancy is supposed to be a happy process!

Hikari

kiwimummy:thanks for your sweet reply.It is hard.no one truly understands.Living in fear everyday,unsure of the future.I think I might be over reacting cos I just want to go for scan everyday to be sure the baby is still in my womb and healthy.But i know its stupid..I still can't feel the baby inside.is it normal?Me too,we just bought our own executive maisonette.Was already going to take loan to reno our hse.Now have to put on hold already.I know I made the right decision to keep my baby,its just so hard right now..Right now I just need some advice on what to do/not to do during my first trimester.Would you mind sharing with me?=)

crystaloves

kiwimummy:thanks for your sweet reply.It is hard.no one truly understands.Living in fear everyday,unsure of the future.I think I might be over reacting cos I just want to go for scan everyday to be sure the baby is still in my womb and healthy.But i know its stupid..I still can't feel the baby inside.is it normal?Me too,we just bought our own executive maisonette.Was already going to take loan to reno our hse.Now have to put on hold already.I know I made the right decision to keep my baby,its just so hard right now..Right now I just need some advice on what to do/not to do during my first trimester.Would you mind sharing with me?=)
Hi Hikari... first of all.. congratulations... i am your age too!... everyone have their own worries... like me... i have 1 miscarriage and 2 ectopic pregnancies and finally here i am in my 10weeks... hoping and praying that this pregnancy is a healthy little one.. you are fortunate enough to buy your own house and ready for reno.. remember dun move anything.. just stay still... i am paranoid that i wanna scan everyday too.. i totally understand... no worries.. just get used to the feeling and chill... i am trying to get used to it too... first trimester encounters depends on individual... some no morning sickness at all.. some will be like me... feel nauseaus all the time.. feel like puking all the time... no appetite... yea i know it sounds bad... but its all worthwhile... baby is too small to feel its movement... if u spot/bleeding with sharp pain, please rush to the hospital.. otherwise everything will be perfectly normal...

jaclynchua

don't worry babe. mine was an unplanned pregnancy at 23 years old too.. now i've a bouncy boy who just turned 2 months old! truly blessed and grateful that i decided to keep him. like you, parents insisted on customary and i took 2.5 months to plan my "dream wedding" - it turned out well although could have been much better if it was 2.5 years! anyhow, you'll be fine :) go source out venues first that's the most important but will have limited choices now. don't need a planner.. but have one or two best friends/sisters to help - go to weddingtweets.com.sg they have checklists and what nots. really awesome and helpful stuff.

mskyliee

I was like u too.... got preg a few mths after solemnisation and had to prepare the customary within a mth time. It will be tough for u, esp during the first trimester when all u want to do is most prolly sleep. But all I can say if it's totally worth it when u can feel the baby moving about in ur tummy.

For now, take it easy. Just take whatever things as it is,the most u worry, the most tired u will be. U take care now okay. Have plenty of rest and eat well.

Hikari

Hello ladies.thank you so much for the kind words and encouragement.My next first detailed scan will be on 9th July.I am both anxious and excited.It is taxing,to juggle marriage preparations/pregnancy/work,I wonder how everyone does it.Btw,during the first trimester it is normal to feel weak,easily tired and nauseated have anyone missed alot of work during this period?Sometimes I feel so unwell but feel guilty to miss work..anyone has the same experience?

Simgeraldine

Hmmm... Everyone will feel different.
Some perfectly okie some feel very sick.
But take it easy, will get better one.
Be happy & relax & Njoy although e feeling sucks... How to Njoy when feel sick. Haha.
But is e process which no one can understand but only u. :))

mrsrayyan

Hi there.. I can relate to wat u r gg thru.. Found out i was preggy shortly aft i got married.. Was feelin confused & lost coz i wasn't mentally prepared.. Had plans to ve kids onli aft 2 yrs.. Was deciding whether to keep e baby or nt.. First trimester was sucky & horrible for me.. Was weak & nauseous & tired all e time.. Even lost my job coz my boss wasn't understanding as i had to take MCs at times.. Honestly,at a pt of time i hated e baby..:(

However.. Wif e love & support fr my hubby,im proud to say dat tis baby is e best thing dat ever happened to me.. A baby is a blessing fr God.. Even though im currently nt werkin & financial is a bit tight.. I believe everything happens for a reason.. Nw,im 37weeks 4 days heavily pregnant.. Anxiously counting down to holding my princess in 18 more days... :)

so dun stress out so much k.. Hope for e best.. It ll get better in e 2nd trimester.. Enjoy your pregnancy! its a wonderful experience...

Dragontail

I've just passed my first trime and rest assured, new MTBs, the MS will past in no time. I'm feeling better now that I'm newly into 2nd trime. Go ahead and feel sickly and rest as much during 1st trime....it cant last forever. Now, I just enjoy doing shopping for more loose clothes and more comfy shoes; revamp my entire wardrobe for the months to come. =)

Hikari

Hello ladies.Can never thank you enough for being so sweet!!My Hubby is an army regular so he is hardly home.I remember the day I found out I was preggy,I was at KKH on my own and shivering in the clinic chair while the doc prodded me.I had never felt so afraid and lost in my life.I really admire all you mummies who have come out so strong,I wonder if I will be able to do the same?I'm not a very dependent person actually and I like my freedom(as I say I'm still very playful),but sometimes it gets lonely going through everything alone when Hubby is not around.Some nights I cry myself to sleep feeling my tummy cos the loneliness gets to me and the empty space on the bed beside me doesnt make it better.With all these(the pregnancy/marriage preparations)going on,I need my Hubby to be with me more than ever.Ive missed work a few times due to my bad MS(feel very bad).Btw,would really like to know when the tummy will start showing?Cos up till now mine is still flat.My colleagues also commented I lost weight.Kinda worried cos I'm already petite(1.58cm/42kg)..wonder if my baby got enough nutrients anot.Should I be happy that my tummy is still not showing?*confused.

U r gonna enjoy every moment of the journey to motherhood. Trust me. It may seem tough now with the morning sickness n all but it's all worth it at the end of the day when u hold ur little baby in ur arms.

Congrats, gd luck n all the best. :)

teriwinkle

Your belly will only start showing from the end of 5 months onwards if your are a first time mummy. I'm currently into my 6 months and all of a sudden, I find that I can't hide my pregnancy anymore, lol. As for being able to feel your baby kicks/movements, that stage will come around 5 months too.

engravedx

Mine was an unplanned pregnancy and I got married to my husband when I was 4months, close to 5 months pregnant. I wanted to ROM first and host wedding dinner few yrs later. But his grandma says if we do that it is as though we are hiding the marriage from others. Wth right! Dont understand what she is thinking. End up, rush thru all the plannings and it was really messed up to me. Very sad..

Anyway, i always cant believe that i am pregnant thruout the entire period. Lol...... :X i always exclaim to my hubby, "omg i am really pregnant" even when i was about to give birth. :p

Hikari

Mine was an unplanned pregnancy and I got married to my husband when I was 4months, close to 5 months pregnant. I wanted to ROM first and host wedding dinner few yrs later. But his grandma says if we do that it is as though we are hiding the marriage from others. Wth right! Dont understand what she is thinking. End up, rush thru all the plannings and it was really messed up to me. Very sad..

Anyway, i always cant believe that i am pregnant thruout the entire period. Lol...... :X i always exclaim to my hubby, "omg i am really pregnant" even when i was about to give birth. :p

Heh.that make boths of us.Im currently 4mths plus and am still nt showing..my colleagues all say I slim down also..im just so sick of everyone asking me why im nt showing yet.like how i knw?anw for me mine wasnt that bad..i already rom-ed in dec last year.planned to thrw dinner in 2 yrs time..but well due to parents wishes(after they found out I was preggy)..I threw my dinner last month 28th and I must say I am proud of myself for making my own dream come true in less than a mth with all the pregnancy stress/financial stress and evrything.I was alrdy 3mths plus when I marched in to my own dinner with my Hubby.luckily no one can tell yet.heh=S

ftlad

Hi congrats! Did u ask your gynae for medication to ease your morning sickness? Try to hv lots of rest too!

I hv a fren who is 24 years old tis year n going to be a mum tis mth. Some pple mature when they become parents. Personally, I tink it's not entirely a matter of age, some pple can be in their 30s but not ready to be parents. But of cuz now tat u r going to be a mum, u need to know u hv greater responsibilities in life. Your family and baby will be your priority.

I can see you love tis baby a lot so don't hv any regrets! It's a blessing from God, treasure it!

Take gd care of your health tis period of time. :)

Last edited:

junebug86

Hi all mummies,

Abit late to share my story, but my situation is almost similar to some of you here. I just turned 26 and also just had my customary and wedding dinner in Oct 2011. Spent a huge amount of money on the dinner itself and practically left with no savings. And just so happens that we got our BTO flat in Nov 2011 as well, headache again, need money for renovation. Got pregnant in Jan this year, very very happy to have this baby but have to put my reno on hold till next year.

Hubby is also a regular, works 24hrs shift so not at home at times. First trimester was spent worrying every single day about how baby is doing and whether he will be healthy or not. Now, even as I think back, I never regretted having this baby and I am so looking forward to meet him next month :)

I believe some things happen for a reason and I thank god every day for keeping my baby safe. :)

Wishing all mummies a healthy and happy pregnancy!

willkinson

Hello,
First of all congrats ! this happens with everyone bcoz of being mother we become more careful.........
I wish u happy and healthy pregnancy .............