If u hv a choice, wld u live with ur MIL?

Spiralng

NOoooooooooo.........if possible dun stay together...in the past, i thought i hv the "BEST" MIL in the world, caring, understanding...but after she move in wif me last year, the image changed....i am a very easy adaptable person but no matter wat i did, it's sooo hard to please my MIL. I even give up my whole kitchen to her...forgo all my tibits...fruits...give up my fridge...TV...ect...ect...she is still not happy...I do housework, she complain...say i do extra job. Say just mop can already no need to vacumn...ehh...but the house full of hair how can just mop like tis???!!! I help her wash the toilet she complained...say why the toilet floor so wet.... I buy lunch for her..she also complained say the food i buy she eat until wan to merlion...i teach my kids spelling she also complain...say never make them write everytime talk to them....Haiz......my advise...try not to stay together...if not u will end up like me...now hiding in my room posting on forum....living rm also cannot go out...:001_302:

apollo

NOoooooooooo.........if possible dont stay together...in the past, i thought i have the "BEST" mother in law in the world, caring, understanding...but after she move in with me last year, the image changed....i am a very easy adaptable person but no matter what i did, it's sooo hard to please my mother in law. I even give up my whole kitchen to her...forgo all my tibits...fruits...give up my fridge...TV...ect...ect...she is still not happy...I do housework, she complain...say i do extra job. Say just mop can already no need to vacumn...ehh...but the house full of hair how can just mop like tis???!!! I help her wash the toilet she complained...say why the toilet floor so wet.... I buy lunch for her..she also complained say the food i buy she eat until want to merlion...i teach my kids spelling she also complain...say never make them write everytime talk to them....sigh......my advise...try not to stay together...if not you will end up like me...now hiding in my room posting on forum....living rm also cannot go out...:001_302:
oh ~~~ seems lik mil can be caring and SCARY too!!!

uddermummy

NOoooooooooo.........if possible dont stay together...in the past, i thought i have the "BEST" mother in law in the world, caring, understanding...but after she move in with me last year, the image changed....i am a very easy adaptable person but no matter what i did, it's sooo hard to please my mother in law. I even give up my whole kitchen to her...forgo all my tibits...fruits...give up my fridge...TV...ect...ect...she is still not happy...I do housework, she complain...say i do extra job. Say just mop can already no need to vacumn...ehh...but the house full of hair how can just mop like tis???!!! I help her wash the toilet she complained...say why the toilet floor so wet.... I buy lunch for her..she also complained say the food i buy she eat until want to merlion...i teach my kids spelling she also complain...say never make them write everytime talk to them....sigh......my advise...try not to stay together...if not you will end up like me...now hiding in my room posting on forum....living rm also cannot go out...:001_302:
wah... got return policy or not? Can like return your mil to her own place within 3 years?

You v good leh, can still tahan her.

princessminn

If i have a choice,I'll not stay with my mother in law.
Grrr...
I tink staying with her make our(hubby and mi) are/s worst and i tink if i dont stay with her,i'll be nicer to her...
at least i will not show her black face for everything she did not do for e house...
grrr...

just lik spiral dearie said,i even living room also cant go coz she cant stand my face,i cant stand hers...
can imagine a person 24/7 whenever she see you,she give you black face,even on her son's wedding day?
that's why most of e time,i'm not at my parent in law's place,i'll be at my mom's place.
at least i'm happier dere....

i'm praying hard to get a flat asap n move out...
if not,i'll really ki siao...

apollo

If i have a choice,I'll not stay with my mother in law.
Grrr...
I tink staying with her make our(hubby and mi) are/s worst and i tink if i dont stay with her,i'll be nicer to her...
at least i will not show her black face for everything she did not do for e house...
grrr...

just lik spiral dearie said,i even living room also cant go coz she cant stand my face,i cant stand hers...
can imagine a person 24/7 whenever she see you,she give you black face,even on her son's wedding day?
that's why most of e time,i'm not at my parent in law's place,i'll be at my mom's place.
at least i'm happier dere....

i'm praying hard to get a flat asap and move out...
if not,i'll really ki crazy...
y ur mil lik that de??

princessminn

why your mother in law lik that ??
i duno oso looo..
i'm super pissed off regarding tis looo...
i din really realise tt she always gif mi black face till my mother told mi tt my grandma saw tt my MIL thru out e wedding,she gif a black face...
then i slowly discover only towards mi,she gif mi a black face.
in front of everyone else,she'll smile deee looo......

apollo

i dont know also looo..
i did not really realise that she always give mi black face till my mother told mi that my grandma saw that my mother in law thru out e wedding,she give a black face...
then i slowly discover only towards mi,she give mi a black face.
think this way: she treats u as family member liaooo so see no point smiling at u... haha...

but it's very awkward living with a black face mil...

so far i get along quite well with mil, maybe becos we dont stay tgt... i only cannot tahan grand mil... the lao fo ye~~~:embarrassed:

sean-tan

i wldn't wan to stay w/ mil if i can. b4 marriage, she is e nice nice auntie. after stayin together, things are diff. seem like no matter wat or hw i do oso wont please her. stayin together more or less SURE got problem. frm nth to small, den small to big. sometime, hubby will stuck in bt, den sour e relation of marriage. no matter hw gd e mil is, i believed, problem will still be ard. so, if can BETTER DUN.....

j0reen

If I have a choice, I would not stay with my MIL oso.
altho my hubby oways says my MIL not bad liao, compare to others.
but I still cant really stand my MIL, her way of talking, her old fashion thinking n blablabla. -.-

babylemon

High five man! Tat's wat my hubby told me too! Y cant I live with my parents instead? At least my mum cooks!

If I have a choice, I would not stay with my mother in law also.
altho my hubby oways says my mother in law not bad , compare to others.
but I still cant really stand my mother in law, her way of talking, her old fashion thinking and blablabla. -.-

Spiralng

oh ~~~ seems lik mother in law can be caring and SCARY too!!!
Fully agreed. Sometimes, to the point of getting on your nerve...hee..hee...i am not complaining....:001_302:

wah... got return policy or not? Can like return your mother in law to her own place within 3 years?

You very good , can still tahan her.
Mine hv return policy...hee..hee....park wif me for about a year then return her to her house. Luckily my MIL also dun like to stay wif her kids....i mean she prefer to stay at her own house if her kids stayed at her place quite ok...so far i tink slience is golden. I can tahan her cos i never argue wif her.....piss off wif her, i complain to my mum...after complaining, i forgot what i get angry wif...hee...hee...sooooo...at the moment tis method works.

Spiralng

i dont know also looo..
i did not really realise that she always give mi black face till my mother told mi that my grandma saw that my mother in law thru out e wedding,she give a black face...
then i slowly discover only towards mi,she give mi a black face.
WAH...your MIL super 2 faced lor...no wonder u so pissed wif her...haizzzz...just ignore her look at your dante's face....hee...hee...

uddermummy

Fully agreed. Sometimes, to the point of getting on your nerve...hee..hee...i am not complaining....:001_302:

Mine have return policy...hee..hee....park with me for about a year then return her to her house. Luckily my mother in law also dont like to stay with her kids....i mean she prefer to stay at her own house if her kids stayed at her place quite ok...so far i tink slience is golden. I can tahan her cos i never argue with her.....piss off with her, i complain to my mum...after complaining, i forgot what i get angry with...hee...hee...sooooo...at the moment tis method works.
wah, at least your mil can be returned! And she doesn't mind living at her own place. :p

princessminn

regina : bui tahan her laa...she only black face towards mi looo...act only.PUI!~

spiral dearie : yaaa...tt's y i lik to play "now u see mi,now u dun" wif my MIL.LOL!~

corrinne

I'm still trying avoid this topic whenever it arises. I hope I do not need to stay with mother in law.

Actually mother in law already ask my hushand even before our marriage... but I have told him much earlier that I dont't wish to.. esp for the first 5 years.... NOW five years has past...

Generally she is ok, but the style, thinking, way of doing things are so different with me. I always believe a home can only have one 女主人.

If there are two, then there will be arguement, disagreement, conflict....

怕怕!

Spiralng

wah, at least your mother in law can be returned! And she doesn't mind living at her own place. :p
yes...she is the type hv backbone one...dun like to depend on others...Heng...ahhhh......i super spineless ....depend on her to take care of my kids...:001_302:

regina : bui tahan her laa...she only black face towards mi looo...act only.PUI!~

spiral dearie : yaaa...that's why i lik to play "now you see mi,now you dont" with my mother in law.LOL!~
gd lah...at least tat way she want to find chance to quarrel wif u also cannot ha ha ha...

omg, you guys are scaring me~~~~~~~~~~~~
not to scare u but it's the sad truth....

Ting

haha, i know.
just praying mine wont.
bf say his mum wont wan to live with us in the future, but im not sure how true!

Porukadotzu

I've been living with my inlaws for 2 years now, and everything i'd say quite ok...

My mil take care of me during pregnancy and confinement, she's a good cook and also friendly. I'd say she's very nice person. Giving me and my husband our own space in their house... I'm quite grateful to have them as inlaws.

After my 1st baby, my inlaws become closer to us, my bil and sil also i feel are more open to me. My mil would take care of the baby when i need to go out for a while, and she don't mind it.

But as much as they gave a space for me, I'd do the same to them too... I try not to burden them so much in taking care my baby or even taking care of myself.. like doing my own laundry, cleaning, cooking my own stuff whenever my inlaws go out. Try not too depend on my inlaws in taking care of our own small family.

In fact it's my own mom who is a control freak haha!
If she came over she would nag nag nag tat my mil way of taking care baby is not the correct way... aiyoo.. headache i tell you!

The good thing living with inlaws is they can help taking care of baby when I need a break... rather than hiring nanny.