In need of urgent help!!

Yai yai

tomorrow is the check up!! Haha and I'm super excited. Can't wait to see my baby tomorrow ~
Actually, I would advise to go too MOH website and check on hospital bill size because the large portion of the bill comes from delivery. It can differ a huge amount between Pte and public hospital esp if the birth has complications which we can never know.

You mentioned you are 21? That's very young, normally at such young age, one would not be financially capable to pay for private. However, if you are an exception and can pay for private rates then by all means go for it. Just to keep you prepared, delivery in hospitals such as mount E can go up as high as above 10k. Gleneagles is always about 2k higher than mt E for most of the rates. Don't forget you have to visit almost every month, and private consultation cost above $200 most of the time. Furthermore, if you need to take Oscar test and do blood test screening, it might cost you about $400.

you may take a look at the sub-forum topic Singapore obstetricians and gynaecologists and you will find a lot of info on different gynaes experience written by fellow mummies here.

folic acid, 5mg is a supplement, it is not a drug that needs prescription. Can buy off shelf.
it is eaten ESP in first trimester to prevent nervous system defects.
Hope that helps.

pearlynC

tomorrow is the check up!! Haha and I'm super excited. Can't wait to see my baby tomorrow ~
Actually, I would advise to go too MOH website and check on hospital bill size because the large portion of the bill comes from delivery. It can differ a huge amount between Pte and public hospital esp if the birth has complications which we can never know.

You mentioned you are 21? That's very young, normally at such young age, one would not be financially capable to pay for private. However, if you are an exception and can pay for private rates then by all means go for it. Just to keep you prepared, delivery in hospitals such as mount E can go up as high as above 10k. Gleneagles is always about 2k higher than mt E for most of the rates. Don't forget you have to visit almost every month, and private consultation cost above $200 most of the time. Furthermore, if you need to take Oscar test and do blood test screening, it might cost you about $400.

you may take a look at the sub-forum topic Singapore obstetricians and gynaecologists and you will find a lot of info on different gynaes experience written by fellow mummies here.

folic acid, 5mg is a supplement, it is not a drug that needs prescription. Can buy off shelf.
it is eaten ESP in first trimester to prevent nervous system defects.
Hope that helps.
Thanks a lot for the info :)

pearlynC

Baby girl weighing at 1.23KG :) Gynae tried to give me see her face, but she's blocking her face lol. But I saw it last check up, with her yawning at the same time too. Such a love..~
Aww haha :) My next appt is on 25th march, monday. So excited to know is boy or girl !!!!

pearlynC

Anyway I just wanna ask, cus I currently having my check ups at kkh.. Is it possible for me to switch to mt.e hospital? I wanna deliver there, cause I was born there and my mum wants me to go to her gynae.

roudx

Anyway I just wanna ask, cus I currently having my check ups at kkh.. Is it possible for me to switch to mt.e hospital? I wanna deliver there, cause I was born there and my mum wants me to go to her gynae.
Think you gonna find a Gynae that does delivery in Mt E ... because previously I was admitted to KK during my 1st trim. I went back to KK for a follow up check up after I got discharged. The Gynae that attended to me is very nice and friendly. I asked if he's able to deliver in Thomson because I wanna have my delivery in Thomson Medical. But they say Gynaes at KK will only deliver at KK :(

Last edited:

roudx

My previous post got error =.=" I typed KKH , actually it's KK hospital. Not the other KKH lol. I typed short form and it came out long form somemore diff hospital .
Haha I'm coming to 30 weeks. So excited for the arrival for my BB girl.. 10 more weeks to go ~

lynntoh

My previous post got error =.=" I typed KKH , actually it's KK hospital. Not the other KKH lol. I typed short form and it came out long form somemore diff hospital .
Haha I'm coming to 30 weeks. So excited for the arrival for my BB girl.. 10 more weeks to go ~
But thats d long form for kk hospital wor. There is only one kk hospital ah...no ma?

kimitsusei

Im coming 20weeks already. Haha i also dont't know why so soon..
the gynae counts from 1st day of your last period, then scans via ultrasound to confirm the age of your fetus. thats what mine did for me.

actually i forgot the exact date of my last period
and i just gave the approximate week of that month

it was hard for my gynae to count the weeks accurately for me, so he did an ultrasound scan to measure my fetus.

when i thought i was only 11~12 weeks pregnant that time,
he said it was already 13 weeks.

pearlynC

the gynae counts from 1st day of your last period, then scans via ultrasound to confirm the age of your fetus. thats what mine did for me.

actually i forgot the exact date of my last period
and i just gave the approximate week of that month

it was hard for my gynae to count the weeks accurately for me, so he did an ultrasound scan to measure my fetus.

when i thought i was only 11~12 weeks pregnant that time,
he said it was already 13 weeks.

Ahh I see.. I just had my check up 2 weeks back I think? And doctor say bb 18.7 weeks already. My next appt will be on Monday.