Indo maid's salary increased again?

veronica

I just called one agency to enquire about their maids recently and was told their salary for new fresh maid is now S$350 with no day off !! waulau so high...almost in par with PHL maid liao.

Anyone heard of it? Is it true their salary increased again?

wawa

Yours is still not as exp as my colleague's. She just went to maid agency last weekend to get a indo maid and cost her $370 without off days.

veronica

Yours is still not as exp as my colleague's. She just went to maid agency last weekend to get a indo maid and cost her $370 without off days.
fresh or experienced?

I was told if we take experienced, its S$370 with 1 off day...add $30 if no off day..

CanCanMum

I just called one agency to enquire about their maids recently and was told their salary for new fresh maid is now S$350 with no day off !! waulau so high...almost in par with PHL maid liao.

Anyone heard of it? Is it true their salary increased again?
So it includes the $10/$20 for their day off????

veronica

So it includes the $10/$20 for their day off????
$350 without day off for fresh maids. usually fresh maids will not demand for off days.

If you get experience maids, you need to compensate at least $30 more if you do not want to give them off days.

stonston

Filipino maids (no exp) pay is now $400+, still more exp compared with indon maid.
I just got a new indon maid in march this yr, $350 (ex msia, no off day).

veronica

Filipino maids (no exp) pay is now $400+, still more exp compared with indon maid.
I just got a new indon maid in march this yr, $350 (ex msia, no off day).

Oh...so PHL maid's salary also increased?? Aiyo...everything increased...govt still want us to cut pay to save the job...then who helps us pay for all these when we needed the most...sigh

MsKoh1973

My indo maid just come on 12 Dec 2008, 5 yrs experience in saudi, 2 yrs experience in jakarta. Now 26 yo. I paid $330 w/o off days, loan paid upfront is $2,805, agency fee $268, unlimited replacement within a year (by usually after 4 change within a year, MOM may stop the employer from hiring new maid unless they can give satisfactory explaination why they change maid so frequently.)

Velvenie

How about the maid levy? I heard is lesser now rite? Some people said now only $200. Izzit true? So which mean after adding everythg to get a indo maid should be around $900 ( included meal & etc)?

MsKoh1973

Maid levy I paid $170 pm becos my house got bb and elderly. Can refer to MOM website for diff types of rates under diff conditions.

Levy = $170
Salary =$ 330
Food = $100 (my dad loves to cook, with or without the maid he always overcook, so the food cost is already there)

There may be other "accidental" cost, like if they are sick, and I heard quite commonly they have dental problem.

Like my maid, 3 days before CNY suddenly told me her gums bleed, I called nearly all the dental in Whampo, Geylang, Kallang, TPY to beg for appointment cos last minute, all booking full. In the end, my sister and maid just sit at one of the dental clinic nearly 2 hours to wait for the mercy of the dental.

X-tray done etc, her big tooth on the side is very badly decay, those inside the gums already broken into pieces, doc say need to go for operations and to come back another day. Estimated cost $300 to $500, I nearly fainted.

In the end, we went back on the 4th day of CNY, luckily the doc managed to "dig" out the broken pcs and only charged us $80. I checked with agent, the cost by right should be born by maid, but now she only take $10 per month after deducting loan, you will be considered lucky if she complete her contract.

So I scare my maid, told her to work hard, if contract complete, I absorb the cost, if not, she paid....

So sometimes the cost part is "ren suan bu ru tian suan", lucky I not the calculative type, just take it to be one good deed done. In fact, the doc say 4 of her big tooth behind already got small holes, the other tooth she extracted in Indo also got problem cos only the part outside was remove, parts still remain in the gum, although it looks ok now, but if not handle properly, there may be risk of infection.

So now I just keep my finger cross cos she is already my 3rd maid in the last 12 months liao, my maid agency said if I changed again maybe must go "lim kopi" with MOM officers...........

Last edited:

elmo493

Don't we have to pay for all their medical expenses?

In the end, we went back on the 4th day of CNY, luckily the doc managed to "dig" out the broken pcs and only charged us $80. I checked with agent, the cost by right should be born by maid, but now she only take $10 per month after deducting loan, you will be considered lucky if she complete her contract.

veronica

Don't we have to pay for all their medical expenses?

Medical bills - yes borned by employer

Dental bills - Most agency told me it depends on employers though most maids were already briefed they might be asked to pay themselves. So far, I hear most of them paid for their maids. But if we talk about an expensive bill, i think it depends on the employers too. Some may sponsor half, some may sponsor full, some may ask the maid to pay all. Its individual ba.

naze

I heard my agency told me, Indo govt are fighting high for Indo maid salary, they want it on par with Phil maid. She said their salary going higher. My current maid (ex-msia 2 years)salary is $340 without off, levy $170, agency fee is $288, loan is $2800 plus.

veronica

I heard my agency told me, Indo govt are fighting high for Indo maid salary, they want it on par with Phil maid. She said their salary going higher. My current maid (ex-msia 2 years)salary is $340 without off, levy $170, agency fee is $288, loan is $2800 plus.
The Indo govt still want to fight to go higher for their salary...want to on par with PHL provided they speak reasonable english as PHL lor.

Imagine you get fresh Indo maid at $350 and you vomit blood for 6 mths due to language barrier then if you have a choice to get $350 for fresh PHL but no language barrier. Who will lose the job more??

Don't know what the govt is thinking leh...sigh...

Last edited:

Josephine27

Hi mummies, my current indo maid, 3yrs ex-jakarta, already make me nut. No common sense, leave her brain in Indo. :wong7:

Still want to increase $, why dont they increase quality???

I know market rate, Christian fresh indo $350 no off day.