infant care

I'm not sure if there are any near taman jurong.....as for the west, you can check out the ntuc childcare centre to see if they provide infant care at the west area.

My son's currently attending the infant care at ghim moh, it is near the buona vista mrt and you can either walk or take a bus to the block.

Is taman jurong the place where u work?
i heard that ntuc is relatively ex sia, haix so troublesome gota look 4 infant care:(

ghim moh, hehe i knw where isit...how much per mth u spend on infant care, isit good? now gota source for infant care liao...

taman jurong is whr i stay; i wrk @ boon lay...

lis77

I'm considering to put my DD to infant care too next yr begin Jan 09, waiting for DD to be slightly older at 13 mths. Now endure!!!:wong12: stay @ MIL place mon to fri for the sake of DD. Anyone has recommendation of gd infant care near Dover area? Do you think its better to put her near my office area or nearer to home?

greeny

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I'm interested in this topic...I saw some of the friends here are from Wlds. I'm looking for nanny arounds Wlds Drive 75. Any recommendations?

Has anybody heard about my first skool infant care @Blk 331? I've visited the place but I'm not sure whether the care-givers are really good or not. Please share with me if you don't mind.

If I can't find a nanny, I'm thinking of enrol my baby there.

Phoebii Cheng

i heard that ntuc is relatively ex sia, haix so troublesome gota look 4 infant care:(

ghim moh, hehe i knw where isit...how much per mth u spend on infant care, isit good? now gota source for infant care liao...

taman jurong is whr i stay; i wrk @ boon lay...
Ohhh hmmm I think there's one at Jurong West area...as for boon lay Im not sure if they hv infant care there.....

the one at ghim moh is quite good, the teachers there are experienced and like wat I said earlier, they will communicate with u with regards to ur baby development and what can eat and not to eat but it's just advise for u lah...u hv a choice to decide.

Like my son, once cough ah will hv phlegm so they suggest not to take fruits til cough better, so I said ok if for the good of my son.....

And now my son is at the senior infant side, so they will bring him for walks outside it is part of their development not only they r indoor but oso outdoor.....

So far I'm quite pleased to put my son there lah....though when he was younger got sick quite often......but no choice no one help me take care of my son, just to look at the bright side his immune system is built up lah :tlaugh:

youngmami

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I'm interested in this topic...I saw some of the friends here are from Wlds. I'm looking for nanny arounds Wlds Drive 75. Any recommendations?

Has anybody heard about my first skool infant care @Blk 331? I've visited the place but I'm not sure whether the care-givers are really good or not. Please share with me if you don't mind.

If I can't find a nanny, I'm thinking of enrol my baby there.
I'm staying in woodlands but have nt heard about first skool infant care. My gal is in the infant care at 888 plaza. There is also infant care in PCF at blk 894C and also a infant care in Republic poly, if I am not wrong is learning vision.

greeny

My First Skool is new name of NTUC child care ctr. They have changed their name already.

About infant care ctr @ Plaza 888, is it good? Would you mind to share with me.

karoru

i m also considering infant care, too... most of the feedback from my friends mummies are not recommended coz 1. expensive, 2. usually they will operate in a hospital style, will not "entertain" even if baby crying... sigh!!!

actan1

Alpha Male
Hi.....any1 send ur baby to an infant care?....care to share ur xperiences?.....:shyxxx:
I have just enrolled my bb to infant care at Ghim moh, did some tour around the place before i commit... best of all, it is subsidized by government if the mother is working full time...

badtzzz

infant care is abt 700 after subsidy...but more prone to fall sick....if next time put at child care will be the same as well...

leefionyap

Hi mummies,

when you sent your child to infant care, beside the orienation, do you spent the first day with your baby at the infant care to see how they take care of your baby?

Yuki Miaka

i am staying in woodlands...

what's the rate for infant care now ? $600-$700 after subsidy? from what time to what time? the rate is base on how many days in a week?

Thanks

leefionyap

the rate for most of the infant care is $600 - $700 after GST, after subsidy. Ntuc, now know as My Frist Skool is one of them. That is full day infant care rate, Monday to Friday 0700 to 1900, Saturday 0700 to 1400.

any mummies on this?
Hi Mummies,

For the 1st 4 weeks,I take care of my DD with MIL's help and on the 8th weeks, I go back to work on part-time basic (4 days a weeks for 3 hours). And when I work, MIL helps to look after. Now that I m back to work, I left my DD to a nanny for almost 5 months already. I don't opt for MIL to help me out as most of the time, she always make careless mistakes.

When I tell her nicely not to forget this & that, she can't seem to take it. As a result, I send DD to a nanny. Mind you, both the nanny & MIL are about the same age but the nanny can remember better then MIL:err:

Not only that, MIL loves to travel & she always force me to make a passpost for DD with saying that," Don't worry about your DD, even IF ANYTHING HAPPEN YOU CAN ALWAYS HAVE ANOTHER CHILD".

Well, tell me about that which Mummies won't snap when her MIL say that...? So in the end, I registered my DD to an infant care. After searching high & low, I found a centre which have a ratio of 1 teacher to 2 infant. I guess that is fine.

As a Mummy, myself it is hard to send my DD to an infant centre but this is the only way out unless I quit my job which I don't intend to coz I do not wish my DH to carry a heavy load on his shoulder. And we are also waiting for our house to be ready in 2011...

So I guess, there are lots of pros & cons out there...It's best to left unsaid coz, it really depends on individual...Doesn't mean sending a baby to infant centre means your child will get sick...I have known a friend of mine, who never even send her DS to pre-school...end-up the kid fall really sick and pass away for no reason...

CJmom

any mummies on this?
Actually before signing up, should make your rounds to see how the teachers take care of the babies and their schedules. I feel that being around on the 1st day doesn't give you the true picture as the teachers are not dumb. You are around of course they will do nicely for you to see. Nevertheless it is good to be around on the first day to be there for your little precious but dont take what you see on the first day as the normal practise. I would rather encourage unannounced spotchecks or if can, spy from outside at different times of the day to see what is actually going on inside.