Is this kind of poo poo normal??

yeoyeo

Hi all experience mummies out there, i need some advise from you.

Recently i have just changed my DS milk into soy milk (he is now 3months 4 weeks). I changed into soy milk because he has skin rashes for quite long.. since he is more than 1 week old.. and i hv tried all kinds of skin products (GAIA, Dema Veen, Cetaphil, Latcycd etc) but to no avail so my last resort is to try soy milk. at his age, the thing he can be allergy is either milk or skin care product.

I just change to soy milk last friday and he only poo poo once on sat and he did not poo on sunday.. today he finally poo poo but the poo poo is dark in color, not those that is yellowish which he normally has. is it normal?

i am giving him Isomil Advance 1 now.. is it due to heatiness of the milk? my gf advise me to feed him banana. is it advsiable at this age?

would love to hear from expereince mum out there. thanks.

LoVeS

Hi all experience mummies out there, i need some advise from you.

Recently i have just changed my DS milk into soy milk (he is now 3months 4 weeks). I changed into soy milk because he has skin rashes for quite long.. since he is more than 1 week old.. and i hv tried all kinds of skin products (GAIA, Dema Veen, Cetaphil, Latcycd etc) but to no avail so my last resort is to try soy milk. at his age, the thing he can be allergy is either milk or skin care product.

I just change to soy milk last friday and he only poo poo once on sat and he did not poo on sunday.. today he finally poo poo but the poo poo is dark in color, not those that is yellowish which he normally has. is it normal?

i am giving him Isomil Advance 1 now.. is it due to heatiness of the milk? my gf advise me to feed him banana. is it advsiable at this age?

would love to hear from expereince mum out there. thanks.
Baby frm 3mths onwards they dun really poo everyday~ As long as they poo every 3-4days they r nt consider as constipation so it is still normal. Btw ur bb is too young to take banana now~ Wait until he is at least 4mths old n dilute ur milk abit by 5ml or so if u worry is due to heaty~

CanCanMum

the dark color in yr bb stools may be due to the minerals or high proteins contents in soy milk.

for my boy last time while he was on friso Stage 1 his poos are always mustard or light brown colour.....when on BM is always greenish yellowish watery kind....and when i switched to Friso Stage 2 (Higher in iron and minerals) his stools turned dark brown.

its beta to give papayas coz bananas caused phelgm, but papayas have high content of Vit A and will cause yellowness if given daily so best to give on alternate days. (Poo will smell papaya) If u can, apple is the best. U can steam apples to soften it or make into juice to feed young babies. However stay away from orange and other fruits high in citric acid becoz at this age they cannot take acidic foods.

I started giving diluted orange juice to my boy once a week only and when he was around 6m, on weekends.

Some Correction to my post:
ya perhaps u give yr baby fruit juice first and den like wad LoVeS has suggested feed him fruits puree only when he is 4 months thereabouts. Or u can give plain water to ease the constipation symptoms. Good luck!

Last edited:

LoVeS

the dark color in yr bb stools may be due to the minerals or high proteins contents in soy milk.

for my boy last time while he was on friso Stage 1 his poos are always mustard or light brown colour.....when on BM is always greenish yellowish watery kind....and when i switched to Friso Stage 2 (Higher in iron and minerals) his stools turned dark brown.

its beta to give papayas coz bananas caused phelgm, but papayas have high content of Vit A and will cause yellowness if given daily so best to give on alternate days. (Poo will smell papaya) If u can, apple is the best. U can steam apples to soften it or make into juice to feed young babies. However stay away from orange and other fruits high in citric acid becoz at this age they cannot take acidic foods.

I started giving diluted orange juice to my boy once a week only and when he was around 6m, on weekends.
3mth+ infant can take fruits meh?! :elvis:

CanCanMum

yeah my dad fed it to my son leh....everyday even, from 2months onwards.....really an apple a day~ coz sometimes he got constipated.

yeoyeo

hey mummies..
thanks so much for the tips and highlights..

the problem with my DS is he does not like to drink water. i normally try to give him water when he wakes up from his sleep because he is still blur blur and will think i am giving him pacifier. if not i will dilute the fei zai zhui with more water. i will syringe him if he still don't drink water. at least get a little bit of water into him.

when he was on mamex gold, his poo poo is yellowish in color, very nice.. u know like chilli crab paste. but now his poo poo like "blue tack".

well he is approaching 4 months soon. maybe around 4mths plus i will try to give him some fruit puree. hopefully it wil help him. i will also try to give some fruits like what u girls have suggested.

Thanks.

hi yeoyeo ... wot is the actual problem? u are concerned tt his stool is green in colour or u're concerned he has constipation? i think it's more the colour right?

my ds was switched to soy when he was abt 2mths becos he kept being constipated so pd suspects his milk may not be compatible (jialat we tried all kinds already) - after soy switch his poo turned dark green then. but i chose not to worry abt it becos my main priority back then was to ensure he was comfortable poo-ing & not having to expend so much effort in the end injuring himself.

but i did not keep him long on soy - heartpain lah. call me skeptical i know soy's a very healthy alternative but i kept feeling like he wasn't getting 100% nutrition. plus the switch threw his feeding schedule waaaay off so he was drinking less. so i switched him to NAN hypoallergenic (HA). he did not constipate - in fact poo very beautifully so my prob was solved!

anyway at 6 mths we started feeding him solids liao ... chicken, fish & spinach. he poos 1 - 2x a day but my point is ... his poos are dark green! prolly the content in his food e.g. the spinach.

i guess wot i'm trying to say is ... don't be too overly concerned. dark green poo is still very normal. no law tt says bb poo must be bright yellow all the time. if u read some of the posts here there were some who experienced light brown & others. so don't worry abt it.

have u tried giving him NAN HA? worked wonders for me. my DS is on stage 2 already & doing beautifully.

Adeline

Change of color in poo, is due to the change in bb disgesting system. As long as not conspitating can already. U know it when bb is having problem. Bb would use alot afford to poo... face may turn red when trying to poo, as if bb trying to give birth. When happened, try to help bb by making the sound hmm... as long as u can with bb, to "encourge" the poo... then ask bb try drink more water. The bb drink that selling off-shelf, apple w prune or prune juice.

With regarding drinking soy milk, Isomil, my gal had been drinking since 7 and half month, cause she got allegic, rash too. & starting to have lot of phlem. The poo got harder too. Just try more water, jucie or fruit puree. If bb is lactos intorlance, Nan HA or goat's milk wouldnt help. BB cant take the nutrients in milk. Better check with PD, before giving other type of milk. At this stage, could be bb system not ready. I would be trying to switch back to other milk when she is 1 yrs old, when her system is stronger and better.

If confirm allegic, u might have to switch to special formula. PD would tell u which to try and monitor. We shouldnt dilute the milk on our own. Might affect bb in take of nutrients.

Please note, if you start to give puree or semi-solid, bb poo change color and texture too. Also no blood, need not too worry. Just to monitor if is as hard as little rock lor. Heart aching to see bb poo with lots of afford....

Cheers

wenz

my DD had been on soy milk from her 2nd week of birth till now, she's 28mths le... cos of her skin prob she cannot take cows milk..
and yes her poo poo is dark green in colour...
so no need to worry about it...

yeoyeo

hi yeoyeo ... wot is the actual problem? u are concerned tt his stool is green in colour or u're concerned he has constipation? i think it's more the colour right?

my ds was switched to soy when he was abt 2mths becos he kept being constipated so pd suspects his milk may not be compatible (jialat we tried all kinds already) - after soy switch his poo turned dark green then. but i chose not to worry abt it becos my main priority back then was to ensure he was comfortable poo-ing & not having to expend so much effort in the end injuring himself.

but i did not keep him long on soy - heartpain lah. call me skeptical i know soy's a very healthy alternative but i kept feeling like he wasn't getting 100% nutrition. plus the switch threw his feeding schedule waaaay off so he was drinking less. so i switched him to NAN hypoallergenic (HA). he did not constipate - in fact poo very beautifully so my prob was solved!

anyway at 6 mths we started feeding him solids liao ... chicken, fish & spinach. he poos 1 - 2x a day but my point is ... his poos are dark green! prolly the content in his food e.g. the spinach.

i guess wot i'm trying to say is ... don't be too overly concerned. dark green poo is still very normal. no law tt says bb poo must be bright yellow all the time. if u read some of the posts here there were some who experienced light brown & others. so don't worry abt it.

have u tried giving him NAN HA? worked wonders for me. my DS is on stage 2 already & doing beautifully.
i switch him because he has rashes problem and therefore i switch it him to soy milk. I have not try NAN. Is it soy milk too?

yeoyeo

Change of color in poo, is due to the change in bb disgesting system. As long as not conspitating can already. U know it when bb is having problem. Bb would use alot afford to poo... face may turn red when trying to poo, as if bb trying to give birth. When happened, try to help bb by making the sound hmm... as long as u can with bb, to "encourge" the poo... then ask bb try drink more water. The bb drink that selling off-shelf, apple w prune or prune juice.

With regarding drinking soy milk, Isomil, my gal had been drinking since 7 and half month, cause she got allegic, rash too. & starting to have lot of phlem. The poo got harder too. Just try more water, jucie or fruit puree. If bb is lactos intorlance, Nan HA or goat's milk wouldnt help. BB cant take the nutrients in milk. Better check with PD, before giving other type of milk. At this stage, could be bb system not ready. I would be trying to switch back to other milk when she is 1 yrs old, when her system is stronger and better.

If confirm allegic, u might have to switch to special formula. PD would tell u which to try and monitor. We shouldnt dilute the milk on our own. Might affect bb in take of nutrients.

Please note, if you start to give puree or semi-solid, bb poo change color and texture too. Also no blood, need not too worry. Just to monitor if is as hard as little rock lor. Heart aching to see bb poo with lots of afford....

Cheers
Confirm my DS constipate cos he will squeeze until his face red red.. see him, i heartache.. The problem is he does not like to drink water. Whenever i feed him, he will play with the teats and not drinking it so i hv to syringe him, at least he still drinks. i will start to give him puree or juice in another 2 weeks time when he is abt 4 months plus. i will continue to monitor him again..

yeoyeo

my DD had been on soy milk from her 2nd week of birth till now, she's 28mths le... cos of her skin prob she cannot take cows milk..
and yes her poo poo is dark green in colour...
so no need to worry about it...
how is your DD skin condition now? better? which brand did you feed her?

yeoyeo

hi mummies

side track abit.. do ur bb suffering from skin problem? my DS is bad. i very heartache. i really dunno what to do.. it comes and go.. is this normal?

i really dunno what to do liao.

wenz

how is your DD skin condition now? better? which brand did you feed her?
My DD got eczema so she is allegry to cows milk... cannot drink... now her skin is alot more better except for her leg is still patchy dry sometimes but her face now is smooth and nice..

she is on Isomil Advance 2 now... all the while she's on isomil...

wenz

i switch him because he has rashes problem and therefore i switch it him to soy milk. I have not try NAN. Is it soy milk too?
Nan is not soy milk... is lactose free, anti-allegry milk i think.. for baby with allegry... i tried Nan before but it din help so my PD ask me to go for soy milk...

a few brands he recommended are isomil, friso-soy and 1 more i cant rem...

Adeline

Nan is not soy milk... is lactose free, anti-allegry milk i think.. for baby with allegry... i tried Nan before but it din help so my PD ask me to go for soy milk...

a few brands he recommended are isomil, friso-soy and 1 more i cant rem...
According to my PD, NAN HA, is not totally lactose free or anti-allegry milk to our understanding. This milk still have lactose but much easier for bb to disgest. If bb had been confirmed by doctor that is allegry reaction, then bb would have to drink speical formula milk. It wouldnt even be soy milk already. Then no cheeze, yogurt or any dairy products.

Do note that majority of asia pple or bb, are intorlance to lactose anyway. Just that we, adults, have stronge disgestive system, we still can handle it when consume.