iszit alrite to eat papaya daily?

sugarcookie

Think should be ok? I didn't eat it daily but I ate it really often (like 3-4 times a week). Am still eating it. I love papaya!

joeichen

Not sure if this is true.
My colleagues say too many papaya can caused baby to be more "yellow" (jandice).

yeah i heard of papaya causing jaundice...and some spices they use in malay and indian cuisine...but i really dont know

papaya is supposed to help in producing milk right?

whatever it is , eat in moderation lor....personally i do take a fair amount of papaya...like once to twice a week...like half a papaya (as in u add all the amount that i can eat in a week).... then i will get sick of the aftertaste in the mouth

yesterday i had watermelon and i felt very bloated...hahah, too much water i guess..

for me, the major no no is oranges...i have been warned by several that few weeks before full term, avoid oranges as it causes phelgm

this advice is from older generation and surprisingly, some new mothers at my workplace...

so i thot just share with u guys!

pkshl

yeah i heard of papaya causing jaundice...and some spices they use in malay and indian cuisine...but i really dont know

papaya is supposed to help in producing milk right?

whatever it is , eat in moderation lor....personally i do take a fair amount of papaya...like once to twice a week...like half a papaya (as in u add all the amount that i can eat in a week).... then i will get sick of the aftertaste in the mouth

yesterday i had watermelon and i felt very bloated...hahah, too much water i guess..

for me, the major no no is oranges...i have been warned by several that few weeks before full term, avoid oranges as it causes phelgm

this advice is from older generation and surprisingly, some new mothers at my workplace...

so i thot just share with u guys!
can take watermelon? my mum forbid me to take, even bananas, she told me dun eat those from philippines & those 'orange'color bananas

M&M

i also heard that papaya will cos jaundice..i still eat papaya in my pregnancy but very seldom. watermelon is said to be too "liang" that's y maybe yr mom forbid. my mom forbid me to eat certain bananas... she say is too "liang".. i duno how to differentiate so might as well dun eat at all. hahahaha.. so i havent been eating banana at all in my pregnancy. watermelon i still take cos weather is so unbearable... but limit the intake lo... watever it is take in moderation. i didn't know abt the orange will cos phelm... n had been taking almost daily during chinese new year... the moment i heard from my cousin... i immediately stop eating.. i rather play safe.. hehehe. bb's health is more important... :p

Astar

According to my gynae, Papaya contains carotene which causes our skin to turn yellow, in moderation is ok (on and off), not daily.

joeichen

Ya, i think abit of it is ok. As for banana, the type of big nice banana are the type which cant eat but the small ones are ok, but if you are not sure then best is dun take. Like M&M say, bb health is most important.

polopolo

Juz sharing wif all mummies regarding which bananas my mum say cun b taken... the Del Monte's one is a no no, cheh gek jio(in hokkien) oso cannot... the ones we CAN is ang bah jio(hokkien).... haha!! like some of u, since i duno which is which when i go supermarket, i simply dun eat any bananas....

Actualy, even for adults, if we take too much fruits that are yellow or orange in colour... like bananas, orange, mango, papaya etc etc... our skin will be more yellowish... tis is wat i heard fr a teacher... so i gues for bb wil also b lor...

ger-mummy

yes can eat...

i ate those magenta meat ones....sweeter den white meat ones.
i prefer white meat more, whenever i saw the red meat dragonfruit is make me think of disgusting thing...

Chinese Sinseh said red watermelon is consider "热” yellow is "凉”。。。 nobody stop me from eating bananas, orange, papaya leh
In facts, my mil keep askin me to eat more... how huh?

CanCanMum

i prefer white meat more, whenever i saw the red meat dragonfruit is make me think of disgusting thing...

Chinese Sinseh said red watermelon is consider "热” yellow is "凉”。。。 nobody stop me from eating bananas, orange, papaya leh
In facts, my mil keep askin me to eat more... how huh?
actually when i was pregnant tat time i ate papaya almost every day worh

but my boy got jaundice la......

but i did not touch any single bit of watermelon leh....tot its a banned fruit?

stonston

i ate papaya like no one's business. my boy din get juandice :)
i also drank orange juice non-stop, my boy dun hv phelgm lei.

papaya n orange n alot of vitamins which help build strong immune system :)

actualli, there are nutritional evidences to support alot of foods that chinese say cannot take.
maybe tt's y chinese kids always seem more weak compared to the angmoh kids.

ashydll

I was told not to eat too much papaya when I was preggie too cause it will cause baby to have jaundice. anyway, my baby came out slight yellowish though I eat in moderate. I guess its also up to individual bah. My SIL ate lotsa papaya but her newborn did not have jaundice at all.

if u had read my earlier post, i had watermelon on 10 March right....

12 march i delivered....coincidence or watermelon is also "cold" and causes contractions???

papaya, as i said i dint overeat

but baby had jaundice...dont think its related to papaya

first, i had jaundice when i was born

second, asians tend to get jaundice more

so i guess just dont overeat

and for the watermelon part....anyone can advise??

CanCanMum

if u had read my earlier post, i had watermelon on 10 March right....

12 march i delivered....coincidence or watermelon is also "cold" and causes contractions???
maybe coincidental.

but during my pregnancy days, watermelon was a banned fruit. (According to the old wives tales)