IVF/ICSI/IUI general support and Discussion groups 2010

Dandelion

Wow..you are so lucky to get Dr Loh. You mean you can choose to switch. Wouldn't that constitute to private rates? My doc in charge is Dr Marianne but I think she's quite good too. Heard reviews about her being impatient but I hought she was actually being straightforward. I've only seen her once and I felt that she gives good advices. Many mothers also gave good reviews for her follow up and delievery but there is little info on her experience with IVF.

Anyway, am doing my ER and ET this week. Hope for the best. :)

Dandelion

ifah03, thanks for the sharing the encouaging news. I've also been going for acupuncture but I do it with Raffles Medical. Actually, in our case, my hubby's sperms' motility and morphology are not very good so both of us did acupuncture.

Not sure if it helps but we just have to try everything that we can. :)

ifah03

ifah03, thanks for the sharing the encouaging news. I've also been going for acupuncture but I do it with Raffles Medical. Actually, in our case, my hubby's sperms' motility and morphology are not very good so both of us did acupuncture.

Not sure if it helps but we just have to try everything that we can. :)
My girlfriend went to Raffles Medical first, for a consultation ; but the attending acupunturist was quite unprofessional and not helpful, in a rush to answer her questions and brushed her off. So, she decided not to go to them for the treatment.

Hope they treat u better than they did her....

Wow..you are so lucky to get Dr Loh. You mean you can choose to switch. Wouldn't that constitute to private rates? My doc in charge is Dr Marianne but I think she's quite good too. Heard reviews about her being impatient but I hought she was actually being straightforward. I've only seen her once and I felt that she gives good advices. Many mothers also gave good reviews for her follow up and delievery but there is little info on her experience with IVF.

Anyway, am doing my ER and ET this week. Hope for the best. :)
I didn't get Dr SF Loh for ivf. When I got referral from polyclinic, everything under govt grant & kkh assign any available doc to see me. For my so-iui, I was assign to Dr Marianne Hendrick. Even though, she is my doc-in-charge she didn't do iui for me. Even when I failed so-iui and went for review, I didn't get to see her too! In the end, I decide pay private rates to switch under Dr SF Loh.

Dandelion

Minako, is the price difference alot between private rate and subsidised rate? "Pay private rate" means no givt subsidy of 50% for first timer?

Minako, is the price difference alot between private rate and subsidised rate? "Pay private rate" means no givt subsidy of 50% for first timer?
For subsidized patient, you only pay 50% of consultation fees. Last time assign to Dr Hendricks Marianne (consultant) after govt subsidy is $20+. Now switch to Dr SF Loh (Head & Senior Consultant), his consultation fees alone is $80+. Luckily, only see him 2x. First time when I request for transfer and 2nd time after failed ivf. 2nd time slightly cheaper about $60+. If you chose TPS, need to pay $10 more on top of private rates but shorter waiting time.

Last edited:
So there's not much of a diff, isn't it? I was told the whole cycle will cost around 8-12k.
Sorry, I didn't get your question correct. Do you mean the ivf cost in govt and private hospital? or the cost with subsidy and without?

For govt hospital, as long you are <35, doing fresh transfer & both Singaporeans, you will get 3x govt grant (3k) and 3x medisave deductible (6k, 5k, 4k). For frozen transfer, no govt grant and not advisable to use medisave because total cost about 2k+.

For private hospital, whether you are doing fresh or frozen, no govt grant but have 3x medisave deductible (6k, 5k, 4k). Total cost will come up about 12k-15k (subject to how much medication is required). For frozen transfer, should be about 4-5k.

During ivf briefing, the nurse told us ivf cost will be 9-10k (subject to how much medications is required). However when my ivf bill came is only <7k only (1/2 deduct govt grant, 1/2 deduct medisave). Cash is only <$300 for insurance, blood test and lucrin (1st bottle).

Dandelion

Hi Minako, thanks for the explanation. I was actually rederring to the additional cost of changing doctors in kk. The nurses gave me an idea that I can't choose doctor in order to get 50% govt subsidies. But I'm actually pretty pleased with my doc, just wondering how it works. :)

superwhitetiger

hi everyone, i'm new to this thread.
i did so-iui on 29 nov and Doc gave me duphaston to take. Getting rather nervous and kan-cheong as my last dose is tonight. Already, i keep feeling very cramping, same feeling as when menses about to come. does that mean most likely fail already? keep searching the internet for pregnancy symptoms but made me more kan cheong.

Dandelion

Hi superwhitetiger,

I did my IUI in January this year. I also had cramps and light bleeding. Like you, I searched the net to look for hopes/answers and but became more anxious.

In the end, my cycle failed. But don't despair upon hearing that. For us, hubby's sperm morphology and motility is not very good. And I'm not even sure if one of my fallopian tubes is blocked. Did you do HSG test before your IUI?

Think you'll know your results in a few days so don't think so much. Relax. Many of us here are all having similar problems. You are not alone. Jia you!

Hopeful78

Can anyone pls share what is the "correct" procedure for IUI?
From all the threads I have read, I seem to be going thru a different process as the rest of u..
I have done IUI twice and now m in the 2ww period..
I was only given Clomid (for day 2 to 6) and on day 14, was asked to go for a scan to check for ovulation.. And on day 15 insertion of the sperm was done.
No further medications/injecions were given by gynae after the insertion..

Am I missing something?

superwhitetiger

thks dandelion for the support. i did 3 times iui based on natural ovulation but all failed. also went thru the hsg test before doing this time so-iui. keeping my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

hopeful78 - for iui, you can do it either via
- natural ovulation ie. use ovulation kit and when turn positive do the iui procedure
- natural ovulation with clomid (same as above, but with clomid). but clomid thins the lining so not recommended to do it too many times
- so-iui when you do daily injections and doctor monitor the size of your follicles regularly and when the size of the follicle is big enough, you get an injection to induce ovulation. After which the iui procedure is done.

in my case, natural ovulation did not work for me, so am on so-iui now.

Hopeful78

thks dandelion for the support. i did 3 times iui based on natural ovulation but all failed. also went thru the hsg test before doing this time so-iui. keeping my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

hopeful78 - for iui, you can do it either via
- natural ovulation ie. use ovulation kit and when turn positive do the iui procedure
- natural ovulation with clomid (same as above, but with clomid). but clomid thins the lining so not recommended to do it too many times
- so-iui when you do daily injections and doctor monitor the size of your follicles regularly and when the size of the follicle is big enough, you get an injection to induce ovulation. After which the iui procedure is done.

in my case, natural ovulation did not work for me, so am on so-iui now.
--------------
Hi Superwhitetiger..

Thanks for your reply..
1 more question. How much did you pay for the natural IUI vs the SO-IUI?

superwhitetiger

for private hospital i spend abt:-
for natural ovulation iui with no clomid
- it's about 500 - 700 (for dr fee, sperm preparation etc)

for so iui
- it's abt $2.2K - $3K

for private hospital i spend about:-
for natural ovulation iui with no clomid
- it's about 500 - 700 (for dr fee, sperm preparation etc)

for so iui
- it's about $2.2K - $3K
Hi, I did my so-iui (puregon jabs) with KKH and during briefing the nurse advise it would cost about 1.5-2k but I spent only 1.3k. The cost depends how much medication your body needs.

Hopeful78

Thanks Superwhitetiger and Minakochang..

1 more question...
I am contemplating of doing IVF and another 2 rounds of IUI fails...
Anyone knows what is the waiting time for KK Hospital's IVF?
And how can I go abt doing this?

Thanks Superwhitetiger and Minakochang..

1 more question...
I am contemplating of doing IVF and another 2 rounds of IUI fails...
Anyone knows what is the waiting time for KK Hospital's IVF?
And how can I go about doing this?
Waiting time @ KKH is about 3-4mths. If you want to book ivf, better book early. I did my so-iui in Feb but failed then request to change doc-in-charge to Dr SF Loh. But his appt fully booked so managed to see him only in Apr. By then, I already get Aug slot.

Last edited:

adnil

Hi everyone....

I am very new here.. Anyone of u tried IUI and it was a success? I did my IUI on 28Dec. It just happened that day I was ovulating and the gynae said it was a very good time.... Now I am on 2WW and very nervous.... I am hoping for a success....
However, since the day I had my IUI, I had lower right abdominal cramping when I sit too long and smtimes I had back pains too...

Anyone has any advice or recommendations.... I am reallya anxious and afraid that it might fail