julia gabriel

snowbear

anyone bring their baby to JG? can share w me?

my gf told me is good but im contemplating on the pricing... very exp..,
But they only have lessons on weekdays.. anyway, how much is the class? I didn't call to find out coz i prefer lessons for my dd on wkends... my hubby's friend also told me it's good.. but she's RICH.

stonston

I brought my son there for holiday classes. It's very good, BUT very expensive!!!! 1 holiday class during June Holidays, I think I paid $900++ for a 3 week course.

Location wise is inconvenient but the teachers there are great. If budget & time permits, this is one of the schools I'll consider.

But the downside that is that it's so fun, I worry if my son can cope in a boring Primary school environment after being used to school being so fun :p

THE SAID'S

anyone bring their baby to JG? can share w me?

my gf told me is good but im contemplating on the pricing... very exp..,
I enrolled my girl in JGLC's Edudrama for preschoolers for 2 years. This was a once a week class that lasted for 1.5 hours per session. Since, i homeschooled her, i thought it would be a good exposure for her to meet her peers during the lessons. Although, the fees would be pricey for some, the programme was well worth. My girl decided to quit JGLC when she found out that her teacher returned to her homeland in Ireland. She came out as a confident person and never once she complained the lesson was boring. Fees are scheduled for every term (4 terms in a year) about $500 more or less, excluding administrative charges. I believe you may drop by their centres e.g Forum The Shopping Mall to view the class and how the lesson is conducted. It will be good if you can attend their Open House, which i attended before. Good Luck.

isabelandrew

Thanks for your feedback. My girlfriend said it was really good. But they have only weekdays classes. I have called personally and they will open a new class.

It will be conducted on Sunday and Monday, every 9am. The cost is about S$700+. This class (term) will start after CNY in 2010.

I am contemplating if I should take Monday morning off every day to accompany my bb there. My girlfriend told me the classes are superb!

She actually took advance leave. Her hubby warned her that it might be a career suicide. But she felt it was worth it.

I am really thinking if I should do it. For the sake of my baby.

isabelandrew

It is for 10 weeks, 2 times a week. 1 session is about 1.5 hours. The classes are full. The new class will start in Jan-09 and I am eyeing the Sunday and Monday classes which will start after CNY. Want to go?

snowbear

I'm thinking abt enrolling alicia... but I just want to know what's the most appropriate age to send her for JG coz altho they have classes for a quite a big age range, they may not be able to do very much with a young bb... I'm a sahm so we're on single income and JG's exp. So must consider carefully first... :)

Any mummies who've sent your children to JG have any comments as to what's the most appropriate age to send your child to JG in order to benefit from their very fun activities like art and craft?

snowbear

It is for 10 weeks, 2 times a week. 1 session is about 1.5 hours. The classes are full. The new class will start in Jan-09 and I am eyeing the Sunday and Monday classes which will start after CNY. Want to go?
Huh? You mean no more classes for the year?

So it's 20 1.5hr lessons for 700+?

isabelandrew

my girlfriend sent for 1yr+ bb there.
the classes go by term. So far, it is fully booked until the new term which will start in Jan-10.

The class i am talking about is called playnet. it is for 6 months + onwards :)

faith

Hi mummies & daddies,

Any latest feedbacks on the JG classes? How are the teachers at Evans & Forum? Contemplating to sign up for the class but realised that Evans was not really convenient but it has a wider range of outdoor activities whereas Forum is more convenient but not much on the outdoor activities. Timing wise only Evans has sat classes so really having a headache to choose which outlet to sign up.

Any comments on the teachers at both outlets?

snowbear

Hi mummies & daddies,

Any latest feedbacks on the JG classes? How are the teachers at Evans & Forum? Contemplating to sign up for the class but realised that Evans was not really convenient but it has a wider range of outdoor activities whereas Forum is more convenient but not much on the outdoor activities. Timing wise only Evans has sat classes so really having a headache to choose which outlet to sign up.

Any comments on the teachers at both outlets?
I juz stopped sending my dd last term but mainly coz I find sat class size too big. She was attending bilingual playclub at evans. Teachers there are v v nice, nurturing n patient.

faith

I just stopped sending my dear daughter last term but mainly coz I find sat class size too big. She was attending bilingual playclub at evans. Teachers there are very very nice, nurturing n patient.
Hi,

I thought there's a max teacher : child ratio? The class size is too big meaning? Which timing did yr girl attend? How about the structure of the program? Is it good? Does yr girl benefit fm it?

Last edited:

snowbear

Hi,

I thought there's a max teacher : child ratio? The class size is too big meaning? Which timing did yr girl attend? How about the structure of the program? Is it good? Does yr girl benefit fm it?
Yes, e max no of kids for class is 20, n there r 4 teachers. Plus 20 accompanying parents, tt's juz diff to make e class feel v conducive for learning, IMO. She attended e 11.30am slot n enjoyed classes. They learn to follow a routine there n be part of a group. In terms of picking up knowledge, she picks up far more at hm: tt's y eventually I took her put fr e program :)