kkh natural or c-sect cost details

7LegSotong

Hi all,

Just want to share my personal experiences,

My 1st child: I gave birth at KkH under TPS.
Consultation was per visit charge about 60-80 per visit.. Also need to add my petrol, travel time n parking charge n vitamin too

When I was admitted to gave birth, I was left alone.. W my hubby n both of us don't know anything and never teach us how to read graph..
Press alarm. No nurse attend to us.
Asked hubby to call nurse come in.. Also take a long time.

My 2nd child: at TMC
Price of consultation package rate- Check up every 3 weeks include multi vatamin
N the clinic 5 min drive from my house.
Upon admitted, min 1 nurse standby with me in delivery ward.. Even if they go out.. They pop by every 5 mins ..

Lastly TMC delivery ward very. Class to KKH facilities.

In fact after I do my sum.. I think TMC is cheaper than TPS total bill.

So unless u r taking referral from polyclinic.. I think TMC is more worth the money, doctor n nurse more caring.

If I have another bb I will definitely go back to TMC.

valmommy

Oh.thats pretty exp!i thought u paid for c sec.somemore its classic and not even premiere package! Baby kitty paid $2080,so i supposed its b1 ward?

valmommy

hi diza, i went to do my admission paper work today. i paid $2649 too but for premiere single ward package as my gyne have to be under the premiere package one.

diza

hi diza, i went to do my admission paper work today. i paid $2649 too but for premiere single ward package as my gyne have to be under the premiere package one.
Classic also ur gynae will help to deliver u... just that most of the time M.O. on duty will check to see how much u have dilated. I'm not too sure for premier whether M.O. checking u or gynae checking u.

valmommy

is it? cos when i did the registration, they stick the premiere package to my booklet.then i asked whats the difference,the guy said classic package my own gynae might not deliver for me..so im pretty confused too. somemore i am paying the same amount of deposit as u.

diza

7LegSotong... so sry to hear ur bad exp in KK. For me my experience was opposite of urs.. just that I hate one of the local midwives.. Both hubby and I were not too sure of the graph too and we asked the nurse attached to our room and she taught us how to read the graph. We were left alone in the room too most of the time but if I needed help, they will come immediately. But I do agree that the price under TPS is the same or even higher than the other private hospitals. I guess if I want baby no. 2, I still might opt for KK coz I'm comfortable with Dr Lee JM.

diza

valmommy... the "premier" paper was also stuck to my appt card. But the day I went to make pymt, I asked the staff the difference btw classic and premier.. The lady told me, both packages will be delivered by my gynae since I opted for A1. For classic, she said gynae may or may not attend to me after delivery to check on my status. But for premier, gynae will attend to me. Since my gynae was leaving, I took classic. I don't care who checks my status after delivery so long as my gynae was there during delivery.. Fortunately for me, both my old gynae and her partner came to visit me to check my status after delivery the next morning.

teriwinkle

By when should we register with the hospital?

Hi Diza, I'm with Dr JM Lee now too after getting passed down from Dr Jasmine but haven't had a chance to meet her still as my next appointment is a week later. Glad to hear from you that she is good. Congrats on having delivered!

diza

She IS good!!!! I think better than Dr Jasmine.. Even my fren who just delivered her baby boy last mth said Dr Lee JM is very good!!! But Dr Lee is only a consultant so I believe she is still new. Anyway,I don't mind taking her again if I'm pregnant in the future!

U can pay the admission charges from week 36 onwards.. Which class are u intending to take?

teriwinkle

Probably taking B1? The difference in deposit is pretty huge. At which week did you give birth? I'm now going to 36 weeks, counting down to delivery already.

diza:700498 said:
She IS good!!!! I think better than Dr Jasmine.. Even my fren who just delivered her baby boy last mth said Dr Lee JM is very good!!! But Dr Lee is only a consultant so I believe she is still new. Anyway,I don't mind taking her again if I'm pregnant in the future!

U can pay the admission charges from week 36 onwards.. Which class are u intending to take?

diza

I was induced. Initially I wanted B1 too. The deposit is abt $1800 but a friend told me if I don't mind other patients' visitors come and go and I don't mind closing my curtains for privacy then ok. I didnt consider this at first but after listening to her I decided to take A1 and I was glad I did. At least when baby room-in with me, won't disturb others and I have the whole room to myself. My visitors can stay beyond visiting hours.

teriwinkle

I see. Looks like I must reconsider which Ward to take. Why were you induced btw?

diza:700562 said:
I was induced. Initially I wanted B1 too. The deposit is abt $1800 but a friend told me if I don't mind other patients' visitors come and go and I don't mind closing my curtains for privacy then ok. I didnt consider this at first but after listening to her I decided to take A1 and I was glad I did. At least when baby room-in with me, won't disturb others and I have the whole room to myself. My visitors can stay beyond visiting hours.

diza

Bcoz gynae is leaving.. I thought she would be there during delivery but it's Dr Lee. Anyway I was glad I induced bcoz the boy was big and if I were to wait, he may get bigger.

teriwinkle

I see. :) That was during which week?

diza:700745 said:
Bcoz gynae is leaving.. I thought she would be there during delivery but it's Dr Lee. Anyway I was glad I induced bcoz the boy was big and if I were to wait, he may get bigger.

Diydee

Hi ladies,

My EDD is in January 2013, under KKH TPS now.
Does anyone of you know when will we be required to book our bed and such?