• Mt Alvenia

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Gleneagles

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Others

Votes: 17 37.0%

• Total voters

LoVeS

cyn actually not all pte gynae ard 80-100 wor, mine each visit is always at least $120 n above, juz see doc n scan only ard tt price liao. As for kkh i aso got ask direction b4 but luckily they didnt charge me BUT instead of charging me as subsided patient rate they charge me normal rate as mistake end up i need to correct them. Yes it very troublesome to transfer to pte gynae coz kkh will need u go there apply for all the documents u need then still need to wait for 1wk time then go there again to collect :wong7:

As for the last part i tink they dun let u BF is bcoz u on EPI effect so cannot BF wor coz will affect the BM.

At the end of the day I HATE KKH be it for myself or for ds i haf bad experience. I rather pay more for professional ones.

Last edited:

aishah_28

I vote for KKH.
The nurses and midwives who assisted in my delivery was real friendly. Esp the midwife, she was veri informative and caring. My gynae was also attentive to me and arrived as soon as I was ready to give birth.
Definately going back there again !

Me too delivered my first one at KKH.. Gynae arrived asap when I was ready to give birth... The midwives were friendly and even congratulated me for not opting for epidural despite going through a long labour.. The onli set back is u got to take either Class A or B1 if u want yr own gynae to do the follow - up check - up for u. I took B1 since my gynae is a sr consultant. Will be delivering the 2nd one there and went back to the same gynae too...

lml2402

gave birth @ TMC.. love it! their confinement food is delicious! LOL! my gynae was AL Lim.. he was nice.. gave me lotsa encouragement and he's accurate in the timing and stuffs.. i whine ALOT! but e nurses there are patient w me.. nv scold mi la..=x
Me too delivered at TMC and my gynae was AL Lim, yes agree he was very nice and patient :tsmile::tsmile:

TMC confinement food is delicous :001_302::001_302: and service good too :tlaugh:

vion

Both my gers were delivered by the same gynae at Mt Alvernia. I like tt place, food is nice n nurses r very friendly n helpful....:tlaugh:

`julee

me voted kkh....
uh, no bad experience watsoever.
onli memorable ones, my midwife's name was julie also! hahahahaha!

CynCyn

cyn actually not all pte gynae ard 80-100 wor, mine each visit is always at least $120 n above, juz see doc n scan only ard tt price liao. As for kkh i aso got ask direction b4 but luckily they didnt charge me BUT instead of charging me as subsided patient rate they charge me normal rate as mistake end up i need to correct them. Yes it very troublesome to transfer to pte gynae coz kkh will need u go there apply for all the documents u need then still need to wait for 1wk time then go there again to collect :wong7:

As for the last part i tink they dun let u BF is bcoz u on EPI effect so cannot BF wor coz will affect the BM.

At the end of the day I HATE KKH be it for myself or for ds i haf bad experience. I rather pay more for professional ones.
Abt bf the doc who stitch me up all this say can bf one ask me go up directly and ask to bf baby .

Ya I know not all pte is $80-$100 but oso around there ma , don't mind paying more for better service . Their service sucks .

mummy

i have been with my gynae (Joan Thong) since i was 22yrs old and she's with the Raffles Medical group... when i had ds in 2000, (no Raffles Hospital then) i chosen to give birth at MtE, b'cos the MRT was nearby and the prenatal classes were held there... and of course i did the hospital tour too before i signed up.
but now that Raffles Hospital is up... and my gynae's clinic is there... i do choose to go to RH.
fyi: if you have DBS Platinum credit card (& the DBS lady's card i think... not too sure), you are able to get additional 10% discount on bills and there'll be more benefits later with the stay as there's room upgrades, free carpark, welcome baskets, priority services, etc... :)

qiqi mama

to mi KKH is ok midwifes who help mi all e ways then my gynae is quite gd then other than e stupid bills i am fine wif KKH

yen

1st Kid : KKH - nurses not friendly. Curt. Businesslike.
2nd Kid : TMC - VERY nice nurses. Took really good care of me when I was in labour and after gave birth. Cost me less than $2k for delivery and baby charges.

Recommend : TMC
yeah agree!:shyxxx:

XiaoXue

I gave birth to DS @ KKH.. not a good experience there during my 1 week stay @ 32 weeks & 3 days stay for labour @ 41 weeks.. If i was to preg again.. I would go for pte like TMC or Mt. A.. =)

LoVeS

Abt bf the doc who stitch me up all this say can bf one ask me go up directly and ask to bf baby .

Ya I know not all pte is $80-$100 but oso around there ma , don't mind paying more for better service . Their service sucks .

service wise i totally agree...juz today i encounter how "gd" they r :wong13:

Pwiincess

my hubby's mum say book doctor at KKH. However many have bad experiences there.. how siah?! Headache! Feel like gng to Mount A. Dots. Anw, what's TMC? Sorry sorry. i very ignorant =)

lisa_ng

my hubby's mum say book doctor at KKH. However many have bad experiences there.. how siah?! Headache! Feel like gng to Mount A. Dots. Anw, what's TMC? Sorry sorry. i very ignorant =)
tmc = thomson medical centre:)

in fact if u check the price if u assign gynae. tmc seems to be the cheaper than kkh moreover pte hospital. usually tmc give u free upgrade to 2 bedded ward but paying 4 bedded ward charges. if u take kkh will cost more for 2 bedded ward.

Last edited:

tamarind

1st baby - KKH. Don't like it. Right after I delivered, the nurse asked me if I could stand up on my own to transfer to another bed ! I blur blur stood up myself. It's only when I delivered my second baby then I know not supposed to be like that. A few hours after I delivered, I told the nurse I want to go toilet, she said just go on my own ! Imagine how I struggled to get up and go on my own.

2nd baby - SGH. Very good service. After delivery, the nurse repeatedly told me I must call her if I want to go toilet. The reason is I could faint and fall and it would be very disastrous.

My advise, if you want a public hospital, go to SGH instead of KKH. I took the single bed room in SGH, I believe it is the cheapest in Singapore.

mavis

1st baby - KKH. Don't like it. Right after I delivered, the nurse asked me if I could stand up on my own to transfer to another bed ! I blur blur stood up myself. It's only when I delivered my second baby then I know not supposed to be like that. A few hours after I delivered, I told the nurse I want to go toilet, she said just go on my own ! Imagine how I struggled to get up and go on my own.

2nd baby - SGH. Very good service. After delivery, the nurse repeatedly told me I must call her if I want to go toilet. The reason is I could faint and fall and it would be very disastrous.

My advise, if you want a public hospital, go to SGH instead of KKH. I took the single bed room in SGH, I believe it is the cheapest in Singapore.

Agreed...I oso gave birth in SGH, staying in B1 ward...
Very Good Service. Thumps up:tlaugh:
All Doctors & nurses there are very helpful and friendly.

elsie

both my delivery were in KKH. it went smoothly for me.
im nt that particular becos of $$. cant afford for pte hospitals and its nearer as well. the midwives who attended to me are not too bad. quite understanding and encouraging.
one more thing, i dun have to spend a single cent for delivery as i used my dad's medisave and got refund somemore. hehe

what i dont like is when i went for the normal checkups. appt time 9am can wait until 11am for checkup. go in 5 mins come out. wait there for the stupid 2 hours. dunno why their service is damn slow and sometimes the nurses are so impatient as well.

overall, i dun really reco KKH for those who can afford better hospitals.

aki

SGH :red:

all 3 in SGH, friendly nurses, doctors...

boycott KKh cos doctor shout at mi :bmad:

*lazy to type* :shyxxx:

LoVeS

both my delivery were in KKH. it went smoothly for me.
im nt that particular becos of $$. cant afford for pte hospitals and its nearer as well. the midwives who attended to me are not too bad. quite understanding and encouraging.
one more thing, i dun have to spend a single cent for delivery as i used my dad's medisave and got refund somemore. hehe

what i dont like is when i went for the normal checkups. appt time 9am can wait until 11am for checkup. go in 5 mins come out. wait there for the stupid 2 hours. dunno why their service is damn slow and sometimes the nurses are so impatient as well.

overall, i dun really reco KKH for those who can afford better hospitals.
subsidized clinic is like tt one, pte clinic sumtimes aso like tt n it did happened during a couple of my appt wif my pte gynae aso.