• Mt Alvenia

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Gleneagles

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Others

Votes: 17 37.0%

• Total voters

nicole

dd was born in Mount Alvernia. Really enjoyed mine stay there , the delivery room was very cozy , the nurses were pretty friendly ( i called up the delivery ward to enquire about my contractions and the nurses even called me back to ask how im feeling few hours later ) , the confinement food was not bad =) , and the nurses at the nursery were really helpful and friendly especially at nights when dh and i walked around the hospital and the nurses let us into the nursery to have a look at dd if she's not asleep =) plus , the sandwiches in vending machine at the groundfloor is really tasty. LOL

will go back to Mount A. IF i were to have a second kid =)

chloegal

Both my kids are born in KKh and my experience with them are goods . They are very encouraging when i give birth to my son at 25 wks gestation. Alot of nurse came in to help and 2 nurse manager even visited me in the ward.

My ger are delivered at 34wks gestation and my gynae Dr HC Han are very assuring and make my delivery less stressful. The nurse at the ward remind me to call for them if I needed to go to the ladies even if I feel OK. Thinks it is only after 8hrs after delivery then they allowed you to go alone.

Last edited:

chloegal

Both my kids are born in KKh and my experience with them are goods . They are very encouraging when i give birth to my son at 25 wks gestation. Alot of nurse came in to help and 2 nurse manager even visited me in the ward.

My ger are delivered at 34wks gestation and my gynae Dr HC Han are very assuring and make my delivery less stressful. The nurse at the ward remind me to call for them if I needed to go to the ladies even if I feel OK. Thinks it is only after 8hrs after delivery then they allowed you to go alone.

Pwiincess

Both my gers were delivered by the same gynae at Mt Alvernia. I like tt place, food is nice n nurses r very friendly n helpful....:tlaugh:
Hi Vion! I'm a mummy soon-to-be. I'm quite interested in giving birth at Mount Alvernia. May I ask, how much did u pay to deliver ur BB there? How much Medisave allowed to use there?

Thanks!

Pwiincess

tmc = thomson medical centre:)

in fact if u check the price if u assign gynae. tmc seems to be the cheaper than kkh moreover pte hospital. usually tmc give u free upgrade to 2 bedded ward but paying 4 bedded ward charges. if u take kkh will cost more for 2 bedded ward.
Thanks Lisa! My friend recommended TMC too. May I know how much it cost for the delivery and how much Medisave allowed to be used?

LoVeS

Hi Vion! I'm a mummy soon-to-be. I'm quite interested in giving birth at Mount Alvernia. May I ask, how much did u pay to deliver ur BB there? How much Medisave allowed to use there?

Thanks!
Mount A medisave depend on which ward n ur labour type allow to use.

elaine01

DS was delivered @ TMC. Gynae only delivers @ TMC or Mt A. Mt A was a little out of the way if I rush from home.

I'd definitely deliver @ TMC again if #2 comes. I had c-sect, stayed for 3 nights. Total bill came up to $3K+, less than d 1 night I stayed for the Lap Op.:red:

Js'Mum

tmc = thomson medical centre:)

in fact if u check the price if u assign gynae. tmc seems to be the cheaper than kkh moreover pte hospital. usually tmc give u free upgrade to 2 bedded ward but paying 4 bedded ward charges. if u take kkh will cost more for 2 bedded ward.

TMC is good. I gave birth to all my kids there. Got once they upgraded me to 2 bedded ward but paying only 4bedded charges. Oso, upgraded me to private room with some freebies, can't quite remember which pregnancy then liao. The nurses were also very helpful too.

vodkager

from what i heard from other forum, they say that TMC only got 1 4-bedded room.. so if u heng 4-bedded all full, u will get upgraded for FREE! which is very likely! i got free upgraded to 2-bedded too! paying 4-bedded! =)

lisa_ng

Thanks Lisa! My friend recommended TMC too. May I know how much it cost for the delivery and how much Medisave allowed to be used?
hi princess, it depends which gynae u go to. in fact they got different charges. my gynae cost with vacuum cash $201 medisave $1012 hospital charges was $931. baby package for 2 days cash $133 medisave $489. got a free upgrade to 2 bedded ward. if fact only one 4 bedded ward. my sis gynae also mention to give her free upgrade to 2 bedded ward but in the end she end up in the 4 bedded ward.

gynae gave me a guideline b4 delivery
free upgrade to 2 bedded ward
normal delivery + vacuum cash $200++ medisave $1500-$2000
c-section cash $500-$600 medisave $3000
normal delivery change to c-section during labour cash $1000 medisave $3000
epidural cash $500-$600

stonston

i deilivered @ TMC this yr jan,
i paid $1.5k cash...
mine was natural with epi ($600 in cash for epi), free upgrade to 2 bedder....
then bcos i admitted e night b4, was charged an extra day @ $300....

my fren took 1 bedder, natural with epi with vacuum, paid $3k++ in cash....'

for my couz, she took 2 bedder, natural w/o epi, she onli paid $600 in cash....

tamarind

The following article is in today's Straits Times.
ST Forum

Sep 7, 2007
Appalling service at Thomson Medical Centre
I REFER to the report, 'Thomson Medical chief wins entrepreneur award' (ST, Sept 5).
First, I would like to congratulate Dr Cheng Wei Chen on his achievement. It is truly inspiring to read that his dream of transforming the experience of childbirth has been a success and to see his dream expand further.
However, he said, 'Where else can mothers order drinks in their bedrooms?', which conflicted with my experience at Thomson Medical Centre (TMC). My wife gave birth to our second child at TMC on Aug 8. Our first child was also born there some 21/2 years ago. One evening, my wife called the nurse from her room for a cup of hot Milo as she wanted to take it with her medication. To her surprise, she was told they did not have Milo and she would have to wait till the next round of meals. My wife ended up going down to a cafe on the ground floor to get her drink - barely 48 hours after giving birth via Caesarean.
On another occasion, I was standing just outside the nurses counter at level 5 where my wife's room was and overheard a telephone conversation where one of the patients also asked for a cup of hot Milo to be taken to her room. The nurse said they did not have Milo but she would try to get one out of politeness when the patient insisted. After putting down the phone, the nurse complained to her colleague. She said: 'She called for Milo. She thinks we are a hotel? Can order room service?' I had the impression that patient would not get her drink either.
Given my accounts of what actually happens in TMC when patients try to get a drink, I think Dr Cheng does not have a clear picture of what is happening at ground level. Perhaps you can order a drink but to get it is a different story. I also noted that the level of service has declined since we had our first child in 2004. It would be sad to see TMC lose out to its competitors because of this as I believe it has a lot of potential. For TMC to stay up there with the best, service cannot be compromised. We paid more than $12,000 for the delivery of our children at TMC and many of us would expect service to match that. Yeoh Meng Yau

Quite shocking to read this. When I gave birth at SGH, the nurses asked me a few times whether they can bring me a cup of hot Milo. Looks like private hospital does not always give better service than public hospital.

Last edited:

stonston

tamarind, i quite shocked to read e article also...mainly cos when i asked for milo, they did bring milo for me but they billed me la ($3+ for a cup of milo!!!).....
when i ask e cleaner to help me refill my flask with hot water, she did within 5min lei...

but i din call e nurse to ask...i ask e cleaning auntie when she came to clear my plates....

n u can actualli call e cafeteria directly to order food also...i've done it quite a few times when hb not ard to help me buy food....

lisa_ng

i did order milo a few times in a day during my stay in tmc. the nurse was very kind she bring in even late at night. but not too sure if i've paid them in my hospital bills. but so far very satisfied with their service. :)

deardar

each & every hospital has it own bad news jus the matter if they released out the public or nt

do u really believe private hospital dun make mistake at all

KKH is nt a government hospital is a restruated hospital
ppl usualli tout that when they are seen by their gynae during outpatient gynae visit they will b attended & their gynae during their delivery process mabbie it applies to other private hospital but nt kkh

cyn
i guess becos u had epi during tt y the nurses dun allow u to bf immediately after u each the ward
unlike those who didnt opt for epi he can bf their bb straightaway

stonston

cyn
i guess becos u had epi during tt y the nurses dun allow u to bf immediately after u each the ward
unlike those who didnt opt for epi he can bf their bb straightaway
i had epi n bf my bb straightaway in delivery room....my gynae told midwife to put bb to my breasts immediately....my boi din realli noe how to suckle, but he did suck suck abit....n i feel tt it was one of e factors tt contributed to me having alot of milk....

LoVeS

tamarind, i quite shocked to read e article also...mainly cos when i asked for milo, they did bring milo for me but they billed me la ($3+ for a cup of milo!!!).....
when i ask e cleaner to help me refill my flask with hot water, she did within 5min lei...

but i din call e nurse to ask...i ask e cleaning auntie when she came to clear my plates....

n u can actualli call e cafeteria directly to order food also...i've done it quite a few times when hb not ard to help me buy food....

HUH?! i didnt knw they charge milos one ah~

LoVeS

So far i am happy wif Mount A where ds is born~ IF i haf #2 tot of TMC but nw having 2nd tots.

Last edited: