Lasik

snowbear

Hi,

I always want to go for lasik but becos I've have a 5 month old baby, I thought that I can't go for lasik as I was told by my friends that after the op, I cannot carry heavy things for a few weeks. True? how do you manage?
For lasik, you just need to avoid dusty, smoky places and avoid rubbing your eyes for the first couple of weeks. Tt time doc didn't say anything about carrying heavy things.

Juan

Anyone going? can share more experience? I m thinking to go buy very scared. Currently my right eye very sensitive till cannot wear the cons...

i'm interested in lasik too.. but nt sure which clinic is good and safe... hate wearing spec and my son like to play with it...

trying to save more $$ to go for it.. if the degree is still unstable can i go for it?

i did mine at eagle eye. Doc Theng is a great doc.. Package at 2.9k .. now i can wake up middle of the nite without looking for my specs feeding my baby.. Somemore now got lifetime warranty lol.. Just 15secs and i had gained perfect vision.. :Dancing_wub:

I went to dr theng too! He's very good. Very sincere right! His staff also, not pushy at all.

But what is the lifetime warranty ah? I kind of forgot about it. Cos I did abt 2 years back.

ping26

For lasik, you just need to avoid dusty, smoky places and avoid rubbing your eyes for the first couple of weeks. that time doc didn't say anything about carrying heavy things.
me too. I did lasik when prices were double but I enjoyed 4 years of spec-free life b4 prices started falling.

degree unstable - then the eyesight may not be 6/6 post-lasik. but adult eyesight is usu stable.

the main concern is that when u carry baby, she may accidentally poke/touch eye, causing flap to crease up or misaligned.

in my case, my baby blows saliva when she does the raspberries. so that's a possible hazard...so some doctors advise mummies to wait til child is 1 year old.

my fren also went to doc theng fr eagle eye. Very nice gentleman

I did mine at SNEC, under a snr doc (forgot his name). lucky, cos we didn't know I got eye muscle problem. turned out I had difficulties fixating on the red light. Doc had to stop & let my right eye rest. Could hv over- or under- corrected permanently. :eek:
He also does other eye surgeries & used to do lasik the manual way. So I think he switched to manual mode for me. worth the extra $$$ :001_302: SNEC used to be main lasik ctr.

Last edited: