Lasik

sweety

Hi,

Any of you had your LASIK done at the Lasik Surgery Clinic located at Paragon? Do you feel some kind of pain at your upper eyelids? I dare not touch too hard or rub my eyes. How long do you get to recover fully after the surgery? Care taken?

I just had my LASIK done last Sat night by Dr Marc Tay as he is highly recommended by my friend. I was so surprised to see so many people went LASIK nowadays.

Before surgery, I was so nervous out of sudden. I might have read too many articles on LASIK.

However, I'm happy as I have been longing to be able to see clearly when I wake up every morning without having to put on spectacles or contact lenses.

1568mummy

*jaw dropped*

I WAS THERE ON SATURDAY TOO!!!!! but it was for the evaluation I was there from 3pm+ - 7pm! In fact, I just wrote a post about it.

I haven't done it yet... hmmm... go call the hotline... if the answer is not satisfactory, go down personally girl, when it comes to 'eyes', don't play play.....

hi

i also had my lasik there by Dr tay. very good paineless and i recover my eye sight immediately. mircale. i took no sleepign ill or pain killer since i was bf my baby. very good. last time more expansive. lucky you should be cheaper now right:we2Randy-git:

1568mummy

girl,
may I know how old were you when you did it?
some say, the older you are the longer the recovery time and the more painful it gets....
I'm 31 now.
and just received a $100 voucher from them....
so I'm thinking....

hi

i also had my lasik there by Dr tay. very good paineless and i recover my eye sight immediately. mircale. i took no sleepign ill or pain killer since i was bf my baby. very good. last time more expansive. lucky you should be cheaper now right:we2Randy-git:

maybe it is truw but my dear you very young still. i did it when i was 27 or 28 cant remember. but do it and you will NEVER regret. it so super nice not wearing contact lens as i have very sentive eyes loh. i did for 3plus k:elvis:

1568mummy

6 years ago, my friend did it for $4k+ in Tan Tock Seng Hospital
I'm so glad that as technology advances, the cost becomes lower...
yes, that is definitely on my wish list.
thank you girl.
I'll be choosing Dr Tay too.
went for the eye evaluation already.
so spoke to him on a one-to-one basis, very very comfortable with him...
*smile*

maybe it is truw but my dear you very young still. i did it when i was 27 or 28 cant remember. but do it and you will NEVER regret. it so super nice not wearing contact lens as i have very sentive eyes loh. i did for 3plus k:elvis:

6 years ago, my friend did it for $4k+ in Tan Tock Seng Hospital
I'm so glad that as technology advances, the cost becomes lower...
yes, that is definitely on my wish list.
thank you girl.
I'll be choosing Dr Tay too.
went for the eye evaluation already.
so spoke to him on a one-to-one basis, very very comfortable with him...
*smile*

no prob babe. share with us when you done. may the lord bless youa sucessful op.:001_302:

edy

Administrator
Staff member
I had my Lasik last year at Paragon .... it is the best gift i ever bought for myself :)

Go for it!

Edy

Catty

Anyone know the pricing for Lasik nowadays or maybe as mention in Paragon?

Is there a limit degree to do Lasik as both my eyesight is only 275..

edy

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure about the price now but a year ago it costs me 4.5K Sing :)

autumn82

I'm tempted to do it as well.. Have to go for the evaluation 1st whether if I'm suitable or not.. IF not how? So disappointing rite? But will still go for it.. LOL.

Few weeks back, while I was flipping the newspapers, happen to see this ad abt permanant contact lens where they implant into yr eyes.. Anyone heard abt it? o_O

1568mummy

I went for the evaluation at The Lasik Surgery Clinic, its at Paragon.
But in Paragon, there are other clinics that do Lasik too. so I'm not sure which one are you referring to.

For the one I went the price are as follows (both eyes):
$2188, $2,888, $2,588 and $3,888
they have 4 different packages depending on your degree and your eye conditions.

no limit.
275 is very good to go for it.
cos' you won't burn so much tissues...

for me, its 900+ for each eye... so hmmmm... you can imagine how much more tissues I need to burn lor....:elvis:

Anyone know the pricing for Lasik nowadays or maybe as mention in Paragon?

Is there a limit degree to do Lasik as both my eyesight is only 275..

1568mummy

yes, there is such a thing.
but its not very 'tested' yet in the market, I would say.
so I didn't opt for that.:001_302:

I'm tempted to do it as well.. Have to go for the evaluation 1st whether if I'm suitable or not.. IF not how? So disappointing rite? But will still go for it.. LOL.

Few weeks back, while I was flipping the newspapers, happen to see this ad abt permanant contact lens where they implant into yr eyes.. Anyone heard abt it? o_O

1568mummy

I heard that its advisable not to rub.
but if you MUST rub, it has to be gently...
how restricted is that.
I don't know! *eyes rolled*

their reasoning was, its not good to rub your eyes anyway, with or without the implants.... *eyes rolled again*

huh???? den if implant can rub your eyes anots?

i like to rub my eyes.....lols.....or roll them.....xD

Catty

I went for the evaluation at The Lasik Surgery Clinic, its at Paragon.
But in Paragon, there are other clinics that do Lasik too. so I'm not sure which one are you referring to.

For the one I went the price are as follows (both eyes):
$2188, $2,888, $2,588 and $3,888
they have 4 different packages depending on your degree and your eye conditions.

no limit.
275 is very good to go for it.
cos' you won't burn so much tissues...

for me, its 900+ for each eye... so hmmmm... you can imagine how much more tissues I need to burn lor....:elvis:
Hmm.. So how much you have paid for Lasik both your eyes in total as consultation, surgery and medicine..

hey must not rub cant even rub gentlying yr flap can be flap out. very scary. can rub gently unless u do bladeless. hey suggest you buy the gloggles that they use labortary then you wont rub your eyes and your cute baby wont hit you. i wore that for a week even to sleep. please take good care k

1568mummy

I haven't done it yet!
I did my evaluation for free though
it was during their promotion
then now I've got a $100 voucher from them
but most likely not gonna do it by the date due of the voucher...
still saving up
*wink*

Hmm.. So how much you have paid for Lasik both your eyes in total as consultation, surgery and medicine..

1568mummy

hey girl,
you misunderstood liao
we are NOT talking about doing Lasik.
we are talking about implant
whether after the implant is done
and the eyes have fully recovered
can they rub their eyes since the 'contact lens' is IN THE EYE....

hey must not rub cant even rub gentlying yr flap can be flap out. very scary. can rub gently unless u do bladeless. hey suggest you buy the gloggles that they use labortary then you wont rub your eyes and your cute baby wont hit you. i wore that for a week even to sleep. please take good care k