Leg Cramps

thepinkdot

for leg cramps, don't tense your muscle too often.. and take less cooling stuff too..

as for kicks, i am being kicked non stop since week 12. *faints* but do note, its my 2nd pregnancy.. and my this baby is very active.

PTB7476

for leg cramps, dont't tense your muscle too often.. and take less cooling stuff too..

as for kicks, i am being kicked non stop since week 12. *faints* but do note, its my 2nd pregnancy.. and my this baby is very active.
woah wk 12 :eek:
so early :eek:

thepinkdot

woah wk 12 :eek:
so early :eek:
yah.. for my first, my girl barely moved.. only had those fluttering feelings in 3rd trimester..

don't worry so much.. being kicked often can be quite annoying too.. mine can carry on for an hr each session.

jas2909

problem is even if they kick do we know it is a kick or we may just pass it off as cramps or stomach rumbling cos hungry :tlaugh:
Haha.. definately not the cramp feel.. For me.. I find it more like muscle twitching.. like ur eye twitching feel but it's happening at ur lower tummy area..

PTB7476

Haha.. definately not the cramp feel.. For me.. I find it more like muscle twitching.. like your eye twitching feel but it's happening at your lower tummy area..
ok i will take note :001_302: but given that i am fat ...with alot of fat around tummy area....think the little fellow need to kick hard before i can feel it cos the fat would have bound back :tlaugh:

fern

sadly.. this is common symptom... hehehe..
you can
-take a warm bath...
-massage your leg...
-do some stretching before you sleep or once in a while...
-elevate your legs while you sleep...
-or wear supportive socks that helps in blood circulation and soothes tiredness...

hope this helps!:001_302:
i used cyclo10, a cream to apply on my lower legs and it helps. Got the 1st bottle from gynae..however, you can buy it from bigger pharmancies such as tan tock seng hospital's pharmancy (it is cheaper than getting from gynae too)

P4nic

Haha.. definately not the cramp feel.. For me.. I find it more like muscle twitching.. like your eye twitching feel but it's happening at your lower tummy area..
aiyo i scared i cannot differentiate leh. now mainly in the evening time n nite time i feel my tummy a bit stretching like wan to burst like tat.. hehe

PTB7476

had my 2nd leg cramp this morning ... haiz...
how do you guys deal with it without waking the poor hubby up for massage ?

and i think likely softdrink is the cause cos yesterday lunch had a cup of soft drink (no other choice available) and ended up with leg cramps at night
so from now on...no more softdrink.

jas2909

Try drinking a cup of milk before sleep..

For me.. When I stretch .. I try to extend slowly.. of coz when stretching the faster the action the more shiok it feel lah.. haha! but for now it's better to do it slowly.. haha.. while stretching if I feel that my leg is going to cramp if i continue to straighten out.. i faster retract.. sometimes will "prevent" the cramp from happening.. not sure if this work for others.. I came out with this idea after 2 to 3 rounds of cramp and find that it work for me..

PTB7476

Try drinking a cup of milk before sleep..

For me.. When I stretch .. I try to extend slowly.. of coz when stretching the faster the action the more shiok it feel .. haha! but for now it's better to do it slowly.. haha.. while stretching if I feel that my leg is going to cramp if i continue to straighten out.. i faster retract.. sometimes will "prevent" the cramp from happening.. not sure if this work for others.. I came out with this idea after 2 to 3 rounds of cramp and find that it work for me..
Haha that's what I am doing now after having the 2 cramp. if while stretching slowly I feel that i wll get cramp if I stretch further I wil quickly stop haha so far so good

PTB7476

checked with gyane...apparently the leg cramp is due to insufficient calcium. told her i took the calcium and milk but seem like it is still insufficient because prior to pregnancy i dont take much milk / calcium so now what i took is just to maintain the bare min and that is not enuff. was suggested to take more milk and also increase the calcium pill

P4nic

checked with gyane...apparently the leg cramp is due to insufficient calcium. told her i took the calcium and milk but seem like it is still insufficient because prior to pregnancy i dont take much milk / calcium so now what i took is just to maintain the bare min and that is not enuff. was suggested to take more milk and also increase the calcium pill
huh like tat ah.. cham.. i oso dun take milk previously and now.. i still dun take milk frequently.. oh no.. i only took the calcium pills leh.. dunno enuff boh.. only occasionally i took milk and soya milk nia.. but thats very very occasionally.

PTB7476

huh like that .. cham.. i also dont take milk previously and now.. i still dont take milk frequently.. oh no.. i only took the calcium pills .. dont know enuff boh.. only occasionally i took milk and soya milk nia.. but thats very very occasionally.
maybe you are still young...whilst for me...my bone calcium is deteriorating already so that is why not enuff and i got the leg cramp :001_302:
but still better to start taking calcium cos the bb already required as much as we required...

sassandspice

I find that sleeping on my side with a pillow between my legs is helping with the cramps. If you do get cramps however, do some calf stretches (put heel on floor and rest of foot on wall to stretch) which will usually get rid of them.

PTB7476

I find that sleeping on my side with a pillow between my legs is helping with the cramps. If you do get cramps however, do some calf stretches (put heel on floor and rest of foot on wall to stretch) which will usually get rid of them.
i also sleep on my side with bolster but i still get leg cramp but i do agree with the calf stretches it does and will help to reduce them

christine77sg

So far it seems lik leg cramps only happen at nite. Anyone had it during the day or while awake?

I need to drive evryday, although it is normally jus a 15 mins drive evry time. I m wondering if I will get leg cramps during driving n is it safe?

Anyone has any experience?

kams

Quick & fast remedy when you wake up with leg cramps: Flex your foot by pointing your toes backwards towards your chin for a few seconds. This helps to stretch the tight calf muscles. Works very well for me throughout my 4 pregnancies! You should try it too!