low milk supply

ling.er

I''m a A cup. Now every pump as i say i only have 100-110ML for both side,
Before i return work i can have 150Ml for both. Mid night i didnt wake & pump. I just latch then when i touch my boots is soft so i just slp back.
I also try alot of thing to increase, Seem no effect on me too.

that's based on my friends and people i know. those who has bigger boobs said they have so much milk and those who has smaller boobs like some of my friends and i have no milk :(

shanney

hi all, just to share my experience.

Boobs size does not matter at all. I am a A cup pre-preg and my baby has been on tbm till now (6 mths +).

I have been exclusively pumping since bb was newborn coz she couldnt latch well and doesnt get full upon latching.

During my confinement which my mum helped me with, i drank papaya soup w fish bone every day (i think is coz my mum doesnt know what other soup to make). i pump every 3 hours diligently, at least 7-8x a day.

Towards the end of my ML and at the peak of my bf career, i'm yielding abt 1.3l of milk a day. now that i'm back to work and have decreased my pumps to 4x a day, my yield is around 1l +/-, still sufficient for my baby. and I have a farfalla freezer full of frozen milk.

my advice will be, drink more liquids, pump diligently. get the supply going coz once ML end, supply is gona drop for sure.

=)

hi all, just to share my experience.

Boobs size does not matter at all. I am a A cup pre-preg and my baby has been on tbm till now (6 mths +).

I have been exclusively pumping since bb was newborn coz she couldnt latch well and doesnt get full upon latching.

During my confinement which my mum helped me with, i drank papaya soup w fish bone every day (i think is coz my mum doesnt know what other soup to make). i pump every 3 hours diligently, at least 7-8x a day.

Towards the end of my ML and at the peak of my bf career, i'm yielding abt 1.3l of milk a day. now that i'm back to work and have decreased my pumps to 4x a day, my yield is around 1l +/-, still sufficient for my baby. and I have a farfalla freezer full of frozen milk.

my advice will be, drink more liquids, pump diligently. get the supply going coz once ML end, supply is gona drop for sure.

=)
thanks for sharing :) i heard fish bone soup helps but the thg is, i don't eat fish... i tried drinking once but the smell of it was awful...

sw33tvanilla,

try making cooking green papaya soup , instead of fish, u can put pork ribs, or just boil the papaya and drink. I tried it, still ok. I saw in those confinement recipe book, they replace with pork ribs and say good for lactation as well. So i thought maybe it is the green papaya that can help to increase milk alone :)

Try all methods :) if you don't want to give up soon

milyve

Boobs size doesn't matters. I'm a A cup before preggy. Now only B cup but I still have ample supply of milk.

sw33tvanilla:788887 said:
that's based on my friends and people i know. those who has bigger boobs said they have so much milk and those who has smaller boobs like some of my friends and i have no milk :(

sw33tvanilla,

try making cooking green papaya soup , instead of fish, u can put pork ribs, or just boil the papaya and drink. I tried it, still ok. I saw in those confinement recipe book, they replace with pork ribs and say good for lactation as well. So i thought maybe it is the green papaya that can help to increase milk alone :)

Try all methods :) if you don't want to give up soon
ok thanks im still pumping out what i can to feed baby while supplementing with formula :))

Snowycat

Hi all,
Me too. Started with pumping 20ml only. Now when baby is 2wks old, i managed to pump more abt 50-60ml. Rest top with formula enfalac. Started taking Motilium ( from my gynae) , it works! Side effect is sleepy but i dont feel it.

My bb is a month old. I do exclusive latching, but i pumped when bb missed a feeding usually at night. But when i pumped i only got 50-80ml for both sides :( i tried to pump immediately after latching, but only got like40-50ml for both.. Sighs.. so far i never supplement with FM.. But dunno will last till how long..

flowerii

Hi mummies with low milk supply. Maybe you wanna try Chlorophyll drink? Its main benefit is to cleanse and nourish our body, and there are many other benefits. Increases milk supply is one of them (hence definitely safe for breastfeeding mum). Other benefits include better complexion, heals wound, improves immunity, etc. You can do a google search on benefits of Chlorophyll drink. It is suitable for all ages, even babies can drink. No side effect too.

Those who are keen can PM me. I'm currently taking it and it works well for me. My boy is 2mth old and he's on total bf. So far he has not fallen sick yet so i guess it contributes to that too.

honeystory

during my confinement, i tried to pump out excess milk after each feeding. however, my baby kept crying after each feed, and that led us to suspect tat she was still hungry. so we ended up feeding her whatever i have pumped out previously. i was in dilemma whether to pump or not.

in the end, i just fed her exclusively without any pumping until week 6 (one week before i resume work) when i sent her over to babysitter's place. i just pumped every 3-4 hrs to practice the schedule before going back to work. the supply slowly went up as time passes by. i pump while at work, and feed her at night.

till date, i am still on total breastfeeding (6 months+). wish you all the best in breastfeeding. key is dont give up, and keep latching on. :)

ifah03

Hi Mummies,

My milk supply always gd and this time (3rd baby), had soo much, had to buy freezer.
This is what I take:
1. fenugreek 600mg 2 tabs 2* a day, till milk supply gd.
2. oats / multigrain bread for breakfast.
3. also certain vegs (not sure the english name), Daun Turi, daun kucai (whn cooking mee siam, the veg that they put on top).
4. plenty of water & lots of skim milk
5. air mata kucing, or boil dried longan and drink the water (from chinese medicinal store).
6. Horlicks!!! Yes, horlicks really works
!
Always remember, demand=supply, so latching is still the best.
Hope this helps U. And also, pump the excess milk after each latch on.

Our milk gives out babies the best!!! Chia yo!!

angbao

My baby already 2 mth , my milk flow always pump onli get 50ml.. I very hard working to pump.. It's still like tat... Try all menthol still the same

angbao:825721 said:
My baby already 2 mth , my milk flow always pump onli get 50ml.. I very hard working to pump.. It's still like tat... Try all menthol still the same
Are u doing exclusive pumping? If so how many times are u pumping a day? If its 3 hourly then shorten the interval to 2 hourly. Having said that, fastest way is still to latch bb.

I face the same problem initially. Supply was low and so let down was slow. My boy cry and whine at my breast and even try to push me away. :(
But it got better as I attempt to latch him more often. There is a few ways u can increase supply. Increase your pump frequency and do exclusive pump. The other way is to get a lactation consultant to help u with the latch and teach u how to handle fussy baby. I chose the second path and never looked back. My bb was on tbf since week 10 and still on it at 5 months.

Applediver

that's why... i see others can even pump for the next few days and i dont even have enough for a few feeds for the day :( tried fenugreek but no use, tried drinking fish soup, no use also...
Same situation.
i drink fish soup, take fenugreek 3 pills 3 times a day, drink mothers tea, eat oatmeal..
i pump every 2 hrs even set alarm to wake and pump.
After 1 week, I was a total wreck from little sleep and increase 20 ml only...Duno to laugh or cry.

So I tried calling milk companies to ask for samples, all say govt enourage breast feeding so they can't give. Erm then might as well make it mandatory!
sigh.....

ifah03

maybe, pumping every 2 hrs is too taxing for U. Relax a bit, have more rest.
Drink n sleep longer.
Try 4 hrs interval. Maybe that will help.

U sound so stressed up. This will affect yr flow too. Have happy thoughts too.