Maid Issues

veronica

Our stand is this : if the maid cries to beg us to give her a chance after all the hoo-ha...i will send her back. My hb said who knows she will do revenge after the scolding and lecturing....

I had a philipino maid who used to ill-treat my son. Infront of us, she acted as an angel, totally very caring to him, behind our back, she was a devil.

We caught her red-handed as we had installed a hidden camera.

Actually I liked this maid very much cos she was a fast worker with initiative. When she begged us to give her a chance, I nearly wanted to keep her until my hb knocked me with this "do you want her to take revenge later on ur son again? Who knows right?"

I didnt want to take the risk, so we sent her back.

Maids are full of problems but still we need them. Its huay seng to get an ideal one.

Retraining is tough but prevention is better than cure.

isabelandrew

Isabelandrew, you looking for Indon or Filipino maid? If Indon maid, I'll recommend my agent, but if Filipino then I won't recd my agent. Cos my experience with their FIlipino maids not very good, but their Indon maids are good :)
yeah, i am. learnt my lesson - i should get someone who can COOK and take care of BABY. weekends with maid, i still hv to tabao or cook myself, pissed.

my stupid agency like not very willing to give me new bio-data.

means waste money on agency fees...

u want to give me your agency #?

stonston

My agency is Asset at Hougang Green, dun hv their no offhand as I seldom call them (so far after getting my maid, I only called in once: to enquire about renewing her contract :))

MsKoh1973

My maid work for me since last dec, at first thought she was very good and honest, she do everything everyday, means she clean the window and fridge everyday, told her dun need, just rotate, she won't listen.

She also dun like to call home, she asked me to let her sms, so i let her use my hp, she said just want to tell her parents she is safe and happy. She don't have husband, she claimed her bf left her just before she came to sg.

When I showed my colleague her sms, they contain love words sent by lovers, my colleague told me more like her husband then her parents.

I am not going to confront her, since so far she do the thing ok, I will just keep the little secret with me, until the day she leave then I will tell her actually I noe everything.

I have changed 2 maids last yr, she is the third, she always told me she worked becos she wanted to save money. Tat's why I always give her bonus every 3 to 6 months to keep her going.

To me, tho she is dishonest wrt her family matters, so long she do her job, I will not pursue, unless other things happen.

I have a maid who takes care of my mum who is not so convenient physically. She from Philipines, so far quite good, very clean, is just that the maid seem a bit having fear.

Maybe the way I talked to her or maybe bacause she first time here in S'pore so kind of scared of the new environment.

I bought an international calling card but I keep it with me. Every two weeks, I will help her call back Philipines so there is no issue of overused bills.
My house phone I changed it to private number, maid does not know the number, so nobody can call her. Only my husband and myself will call house number to check on things.

pinkieekaren

My maid lso used to be so gd when she first came then recently i find it that she is not honest already!!!! I think they are all the same, but the good news is that she treat my both son real well!:embarrassed:

asianmirage

my fillipino maid is good initially. Very initiative and bonds well with my child. But ever since, last Xmas, during a party we held at home, she started to cry and she said she missed her family. my hubby out of kindness, said if she worked well...she will be given an air ticket as a treat.

However, from then on, sometimes she will give us black face and not responding to my husband if he calls out to her. My husband was very angry as we are like paying someone wages and needs to see her black face.
We have discussed about sending her back many times, but soft hearted when we see how our child bonds with her.

But but....my girl also suffered a few falls, kena HFMD, big toe kena run over by door (she never report to us). Housework became shabby and very short cut. Imagine, a bottle of dettol with a dirty cloth on the baby cot itself?? She don't clean as that clean....I started to wonder why she become like this.
Many friends asked me....your child go childcare?? How come got HFMD? I really can't answer this question and till today, I am still clueless how it came about.
Well, she is back to her country for holiday, but I have the intention of cancelling her work permit and allow her to stay put there. Is mean....but I really do not wish to face her again after causing so much health problem to my child.