Making rice porridge

annie

yah lor.. she used to sleep very well(even better than sleeping at home!) in hotels when she was younger. think now she more aware.. when i put her to sleep she will open eyes look around then start crying lol.

summer here very hot. about 38-42 degrees. but now not yet summer. rainy season now.. temp about 28 degree highest. 22-28. so kinda hot n humid...

crystal79

i use the same stock coz i cook about a week's supply each time. But i dont feed porridge every day nowadays so i use the stock to cook her other food and she seems ok with it.
So wat other food do u cook using the stock?? actually beside porridge, wat other food can let a 10mths old baby eat?? Do u let ur baby eat rice???

annie

my almost 8mths girl is eating rice sometimes. some bb takes it well n some not. my sister's son now almost 1yr old still cannot take rice. he will gag on it. even porridge, he still need very soft n watery ones. slightly drier n he will gag on it.

there are lots of things u can cook with the stock eg cereal(oatmeal, brown rice, barley), brown rice porridge n all. u can see this site for more info on wat u can give your bb
Make Homemade Baby Food Recipes, Homemade Baby Food Recipes, Solid Food Baby Tips, Baby Nutrition & more!

annie

anyone tried making brown rice porridge? i tried yesterday n the texture strange strange de... it looks like there are white dots at the end of every rice grains though they are very softly cooked liao and then when eat, can feel as though there is a soft cover on the rice like that.. anyone has the same experience??

stonston

Brown rice and polished white rice is different. In brown rice, the endosperm that is full of nutrients is not removed tt's y ppl always say brown rice is better. The white dots you see at the end of the rice gain is the endosperm tt is full of nutrients :)

the soft cover on the rice is the inner husk. it's full of fibre, vitamins and minerals.

u can see the nutrient comparison here: BROWN RICE versus WHITE RICE

annie

ooh... ok.. so they are good.. hehe. cos i usually grind them up n then make them into pasty cereal thus dun see those covers n dots..

snowbear

yah .. she used to sleep very well(even better than sleeping at home!) in hotels when she was younger. think now she more aware.. when i put her to sleep she will open eyes look around then start crying lol.
It's like that. Last time alicia didn't even like gg to my mum's place when she started recognising places...

summer here very hot. about 38-42 degrees. but now not yet summer. rainy season now.. temp about 28 degree highest. 22-28. so kinda hot and humid...
Wow... that's hot!!! It's quite hot here in sg too.

anyone tried making brown rice porridge? i tried yesterday and the texture strange strange ... it looks like there are white dots at the end of every rice grains though they are very softly cooked and then when eat, can feel as though there is a soft cover on the rice like that.. anyone has the same experience??
Yup, that's the texture of brown rice porridge. I realise that alicia doesn't quite like the texture so i have to mix it with other types of rice grains.

annie

my girl dosent seem fussy at all. she eats them well. but i heard even adults dosent like brown rice lol. im gonna try barley cereal next! hahahah

yah now whenever i bring her to some other ppl's house she sure cry when step into door step but once miggle a bit she ok liao

snowbear

So what other food do you cook using the stock?? actually beside porridge, what other food can let a 10mths old baby eat?? Do you let your baby eat rice???
Stock can be added into anything that u cook!!! If something calls for water to be added, you can add stock in place. :) 10-month-olds can eat pasta, noodle stuff (if your dd likes soupy stuff)... yup, i let alicia eat rice sometimes. She likes it. You can try using short grain rice to cook rice (jap rice) so that it's softer. Today i just gave her "baby omelette" for breakfast (added bm to the egg yolk, scramble till cooked then add in 1T of chicken and pea and scramble again).

snowbear

my girl dosent seem fussy at all. she eats them well. but i heard even adults dosent like brown rice lol. im gonna try barley cereal next! hahahah

yah now whenever i bring her to some other ppl's house she sure cry when step into door step but once miggle a bit she ok
Haha... whenever i mix brown rice to cook with the white rice for dinner dh will also complain a bit... keke... Maybe she takes after daddy... :tlaugh:

Alicia tried barley cereal at 6 months. She finished the box of cereal but she preferred oatmeal cereal then.

Now she's more familiar with my mum and family so she's very happy at my mum's place nowadays. Just a matter of getting used to the place and pp...

raeka

I start cooking porridge when my boy is month but he only know how to swallow when he is 6.5month old.

I boiled the fish bone for an hour then use the soup base to cook porridge.

I use the pearl rice for my boy.

Using craypot to in the morning and afternoon.
I put carrot, potatoes, broccoli different daily.
Then grin it for him as he is on learning stage the porridge need to be abit watery and not too hard .

I bought the Pigeon set for grinning and other uses. :tlaugh: