Maternity towels after birth

Triquetra

Re: Maternity Pads or heavy flow pads?

Is there alot of varieties?
I bought the Kotex maternity pads, 10pcs for $6.20...
Very expensive -_-''

yellowpudding

Any recommendation for maternity pad? Which brand is soft & good?
I have used both mothercare and kotex, feels that mothercare ones are better, ie softer. However do note that each pack cost $13. :)

Is there alot of varieties?
I bought the Kotex maternity pads, 10pcs for $6.20...
Very expensive -_-''
There are mothercare, pureen and kotex. :)

Astar

I used the maternity one for the entire month as the texture of the pad is much softer and very "pong", not to painful to the stitches...

uddermummy

It depends on whether you are having natural or c-section. Lochia after c-section tends not to be as heavy.

After 1 week of using maternity pads, i switched to using the normal heavy flow ones with wings. I went through c-section.

redjn

agree with uddermummy, i also went thro' C-sect the flow was not too heavy. if i remember correctly in total I used 1 pack fm the hosp then 1 pack at home which lasted me 1 week or so after that I switched to normal pads with wings.

Thanks ladies for the replies.
I will check out Mothercare & Pureen then.. These are stick on pads right?
I am pretty chor lor (unladylike), am afraid will leak when I lay down so thought those super long heavy flow pads with 'wings' will be more 'secure'
I know there are some with loops (err odd)..:embarrassed:

jasobias

Help ladies/mothers,
I am trying to pack for the big day...
Wondering if it is necessary to buy maternity pads or if it is ok to just use pads for heavy flow with long wings-say 35cm? How many pads did you use a day?
Thanks thanks!:001_302:
definately the maternity pads!they r thicker n longer n softer..great for cushioning the stitches n the heavy flow.Today is 10th day after birth n i am still using them coz stitches r hurting n period flow is still heavy.:nah:

CarolOng

I used Laurier 40cm pad. Oni used the loop pad provided by the hospital right after giving birth. I gave birth in the afternoon n by night time I use my own pad. I also wear disposable panties although didn't stain at all thru out my 4 wks of lochia. Since cannot touch water during confinement period. Cannot ask hb to wash my panties for me mah.

lynnzo

where to get the pureen n kotex maternity pads?those i saw is the loop wan,which i dun think its comfortable..sure will feel very insecure wan..i prefer those stick-on types..

bellerichez

where to get the pureen and kotex maternity pads?those i saw is the loop want,which i dont think its comfortable..sure will feel very insecure want..i prefer those stick-on types..

Pureen one kiddy palace and TMC got sell. Kotex maternity pad NTUC & TMC. Can't imaging wearing those loop pads.

jasobias

where to get the pureen and kotex maternity pads?those i saw is the loop want,which i dont think its comfortable..sure will feel very insecure want..i prefer those stick-on types..
Kotex maternity pads with adhesive backs r sold at guardian.Just saw it at centerpoint one during weekend.I use the loop one but without string.Since its so long n my panties r quite fitting,it doesnt move ard.I tried the normal ones like whisper but end up getting rashes.Gynae also noticed them n asked me to use maternity ones for time being.:eek:

lynnzo

Pureen one kiddy palace and Thomson Medical Center got sell. Kotex maternity pad NTUC & Thomson Medical Center. Can't imaging wearing those loop pads.
thanks...will go n check out kiddy palace..anyway,i bought one packet from mothercare ady to try..12pcs for $9..which i dun think will be enough..cos i heard will bleed for about 1 month or so.. :nah:

bellerichez

thanks...will go and check out kiddy palace..anyway,i bought one packet from mothercare ady to try..12pcs for $9..which i dont think will be enough..cos i heard will bleed for about 1 month or so.. :nah:

Yup. I think i will buy Pureen Maternity Pad. If got extras i can give it to my friend cos she is pregnant too.