MIL tell me to leave my son overnight @ her place

kenxf_03

ermmm some gals are born to be pimple free deee

last time in my class, got a gal thruout 4 years of SEC school life, nebber seen any zits on her face before lOlzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wow!! She must have secretly consume many pearl powder!!! So envy loh..

Can imagine those scars left by pimples??? Hate it!! :embarrassed:

i also jealous/envy those with very fair n smooth skin, esp on their face~
I guess every gal also envy loh.. I'm one of them... Somemore now with obvious dark rings.. Lagi worst loh.. Look like 黄脸婆 le lah!! *sob sob*

kenxf_03

nvm.. let her buy as much as possible. your son dont eat, you eat! since it's good for ladies! haha!!!
I tell u one secret, I go and throw away the pearl powder she bought from china leh.. Hb also agreed loh.

Cos donno will harm our health anot, from China leh... Hb said to play safe, all dont eat.. haha!

if bought in s'pore then ok, I feel much safer.. I will eat every day loh.. haha! can 美美 and be a hot mama too?? haha, sorry lah, tink too much le.. :tlaugh:

apollo

I tell you one secret, I go and throw away the pearl powder she bought from china .. husband also agreed loh.

Cos donno will harm our health anot, from China ... husband said to play safe, all dont eat.. haha!

if bought in s'pore then ok, I feel much safer.. I will eat every day loh.. haha! can 美美 and be a hot mama too?? haha, sorry , tink too much .. :tlaugh:
:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

pkshl

Hello mummies, last nite when i went to fetch my boy, it was raining. My Husband had to work late so im alone. As usual, mil said let my boy stay overnight at her place. i say no need, i can take cab home. but den i realized at their area, its difficult to call cab as there are no sheltered or drop-off point like my place. anywae, den she mentioned it again, let him stay overnight. this time i juz smile & said no need(AGAIN) seriously, is she deaf! i said TWICE!:nah: so i juz went to the room & wear windbreaker/long pants/shoes for my boy, make sure he's covered from head to toe den mil asked me 'i can anot? want her to shelter me to bus-stop? i say no need cos the other 2kids sure follow her. den she tel my fil to help shelter me but HE IS SO SLOW so i tel mil is ok la, i can manage. at the doorstep, she asked if i need raincoat, this time i laugh & said, 'is ok mother, umbrella is fine for us'. after tat i went off to take bus.

ALong the way i face some problem. On my right arm, i carry my boy, left hand i hold umbrella, left shoulder is my bag. my boy now almost 9kg, is heavy when i carry him+ he will wiggle cos want to c here c there. so i carry him+umbrella to bus-stop, bus-stop so crowded, i juz squeeze my way in. At the bus-stop i quickly sit down & put my umbrella in plastic bag den put inside my bag. den my bus came, so i quickly board. but along the way the rain started come back again & quite heavy, i was thinking OH NO, how to go down when i no hand to open umbrella. den when i was at the exit, going to alight, this very kind lady asked me' "u no umbrella? oh no u ve baby, i help u". when the bus stopped, she went down 1st den she waited & sheltered me & my boy down the bus. I AM SO GLAD I MET THIS KIND LADY or else my boy sure kena rain! i thanked her twice, den i told my boy heng we met this nice lady!

mummies here can advice what can i do if next time raining den im alone with my boy how? i was tinking carrier but my boy dislike carrier. pls advice.

Ting

pkshl, i run into problems like u, esp heavy rain.
i carry my bag, plus my 15kgs pin, plus her big sch bag..
n im pretty small size to begin with, so really take the hell outta me.
i think your MIL might be concerned for u, thats why she asked so much. take it positively yah?:)

ok, back to your Qn, actually though your son might not like the carrier, but i think if raining u can just use it, for awhile only..
then atleast u hv a free hand.
u were lucky to meet a nice lady ytd, but dun mean u will be so lucky each time.. i met many bo chup ones, n worst, push/rush u when u r getting down..

or else, how abt u cab from your workplace to your MIL place when it is raining, then ask your MIL to bring your son down??

apollo

babe, me too face the same pro at times. last time i brought ash to hospital and i was all alone, raining too. i gonna carry him, take the stroller (i was unlucky to meet unhelpful cabbie). what i did was, put him inside those cloth carrier, 1 hand support his butt, another take stroller (8+kg), another shoulder take diaper bag. + raining, i shield him with hood blanket and inside let him wear beanie. totally cant open the umbrella.

it is indeed very tough i must say. but hopefully it is an once in awhile thingy for us. at least u made urself CLEAN tt u're not letting keith staying over no matter hw tough it is to bring him hm alone. GOOD JOB! =)

pkshl

Ting=ya, i know mil is concerned, i take it positively :001_302:. mm maybe nxt time will do that, take cab from my workplace. + u r right lor, i was lucky to ve met this kind lady & it wont happen always too.

apollo= poor u! y the cabby never help, so unhelpful. but nevermind, this shows that we mummies can do it even when we r alone with our babies.:Dancing_wub:

i will get a carrier, juz for rainy days, like what Ting said, so i will ve free hands to take umbrella.

yesterday when im on the way to bus-stop with baby, my husband kept calling asking where are we & is raining heavily. aiyo i already no hand to answer yet he still call & call. So when im in the bus i called & told him "dun worry ok, i will bring keith home safely!" aiyo this man so kan chiong!
When my hb reached home, i told him, c, i told u i can manage alone LOL

Ting

Ting=ya, i know mother in law is concerned, i take it positively :001_302:. mm maybe nxt time will do that, take cab from my workplace. + you r right , i was lucky to ve met this kind lady & it wont happen always too.

apollo= poor you! y the cabby never help, so unhelpful. but nevermind, this shows that we mummies can do it even when we r alone with our babies.:Dancing_wub:

i will get a carrier, just for rainy days, like what Ting said, so i will ve free hands to take umbrella.

yesterday when im on the way to bus-stop with baby, my husband kept calling asking where are we & is raining heavily. aiyo i already no hand to answer yet he still call & call. So when im in the bus i called & told him "dont worry ok, i will bring keith home safely!" aiyo this man so kan chiong!
When my husband reached home, i told him, c, i told you i can manage alone LOL
yeah yeah! even very tough/mafan, also tell ur hubby u can make it, breeze thru it.
wahahah, then he will not hv the idea of giving in to his mum's ideas. :p

autumn82

Ting=ya, i know mother in law is concerned, i take it positively :001_302:. mm maybe nxt time will do that, take cab from my workplace. + you r right , i was lucky to ve met this kind lady & it wont happen always too.

apollo= poor you! y the cabby never help, so unhelpful. but nevermind, this shows that we mummies can do it even when we r alone with our babies.:Dancing_wub:

i will get a carrier, just for rainy days, like what Ting said, so i will ve free hands to take umbrella.

yesterday when im on the way to bus-stop with baby, my husband kept calling asking where are we & is raining heavily. aiyo i already no hand to answer yet he still call & call. So when im in the bus i called & told him "dont worry ok, i will bring keith home safely!" aiyo this man so kan chiong!
When my husband reached home, i told him, c, i told you i can manage alone LOL
Good job! :) At least you showed both your dh & ILs that you can bring your child out and back home safely. :001_302::001_302::001_302::001_302:

Just to share. I've met with super heavy rain with strong winds when I was bring Iggy out.. :p
When he was younger, he was in the carrier with a cloth covering him from rain. Nowadays he's in stroller and I bought those raincoats for strollers, so he will be totally covered. :p It's hard pushing a stroller with and umbrella but it can still be done. :)

Last edited:

paperger85

I have problems with both my MIL and my own mother!

Just 2 weeks ago, I found out from my sister that my mother actually fed my baby half boiled egg and sugar sweetened barley. :eek:

My little girl is only coming 5 months. I almost fainted when I heard it from my sister and I scolded my mother upside down.

For my MIL, she is always asking me when can give water, if baby is thirsty on total breastmilk only despite me telling her that its alright. Sighs....

apollo

I have problems with both my mother in law and my own mother!

Just 2 weeks ago, I found out from my sister that my mother actually fed my baby half boiled egg and sugar sweetened barley. :eek:

My little girl is only coming 5 months. I almost fainted when I heard it from my sister and I scolded my mother upside down.

For my mother in law, she is always asking me when can give water, if baby is thirsty on total breastmilk only despite me telling her that its alright. Sighs....
OMG! ask ur mum to stop feeding ur girl half-boiled egg!! cos egg white will cause allergy easily.. and even they can take egg yolk aft 8mths, also must be fully cooked..

paperger85

Told her to stop already. Luckily she only gave a bit. Imagine my shock when I heard my sister tell me. And my mom even told my sister not to tell me!!!

apollo

Told her to stop already. Luckily she only gave a bit. Imagine my shock when I heard my sister tell me. And my mom even told my sister not to tell me!!!
lucky ur sis told u!!!! sometimes it's not tt we are very strict over food, is tt some food will cause allergies, cannot anyhow gif..

woofy55

very scary hor.. over the wkend cos go pray pray hubby's ancentors so put louis at my parents place.. when we reached home... my father happily told us he fed louis "xiao man tou".. and he wanted to show me by trying putting it into louis mouth. I was shocked and i also scolded my father upside down. He's only 4mths +... aiyoh.. though xiao man tou can dissolve.. but the flakes may choke louis mah... but later he told me, no la.. he dissovled it in the spoon with water already then feed him... but i am very doubtful loh.. cos if that's so, why he show me by trying to put it into his mouth... i was very angry with my dad leiz... but i also guilty for raising my voice... but i just can't help it.. why they like to anyhow feed babies?????!!!! like that it makes me worried to leave louis with them alone..

and my mil also happily told us she accompanied her daughter to polyclinic and all the nurses there LOVE louis!!! and one of the nurse told her can start feeding louis egg yolk when he is 5mths old. I was like... hhuuuuhhhh... no la.. 5mths still too young.. well, mil also say, ya.. still too young... hmm.. but i think she's jsut testing water.. if i didn't say anything, think she'll listen to the nurse liao.. anyway, i also fedup why bring louis to polyclinic????? he's still so young, what if catch some virus from those ppl who are sick.. :(

why they can't think one?? :(

apollo

very scary .. over the wkend cos go pray pray hubby's ancentors so put louis at my parents place.. when we reached home... my father happily told us he fed louis "xiao man tou".. and he wanted to show me by trying putting it into louis mouth. I was shocked and i also scolded my father upside down. He's only 4mths +... aiyoh.. though xiao man tou can dissolve.. but the flakes may choke louis mah... but later he told me, no .. he dissovled it in the spoon with water already then feed him... but i am very doubtful loh.. cos if that's so, why he show me by trying to put it into his mouth... i was very angry with my dad leiz... but i also guilty for raising my voice... but i just can't help it.. why they like to anyhow feed babies?????!!!! like that it makes me worried to leave louis with them alone..

and my mother in law also happily told us she accompanied her daughter to polyclinic and all the nurses there LOVE louis!!! and one of the nurse told her can start feeding louis egg yolk when he is 5mths old. I was like... hhuuuuhhhh... no .. 5mths still too young.. well, mother in law also say, ya.. still too young... hmm.. but i think she's jsut testing water.. if i didn't say anything, think she'll listen to the nurse .. anyway, i also fedup why bring louis to polyclinic????? he's still so young, what if catch some virus from those ppl who are sick.. :(

why they can't think one?? :(
she sure the nurse said 5mth can feed egg yolk? either ur mil heard wrongly or the nurse really v gonecase, anyhow teach!

kenxf_03

sianz ... i wish i kena toto then i stay at home and look after louis myself..
ya, its always better to take good care of ur kids by urself. Thats for sure.

But must make sure ur finance is strong enough to allow u to do so..

Sometimes just dont understand y cant in laws/parents understand y are we so protective towards our own kids. We are not trying to be difficult at all..

Like my MIL kp asking can she cook porridge for my DS, then i was like, so sian.. Gotta repeat again.. Told her its ok, I can cook for my DS lah. Then she said she know how to cook one lah, ask us dont worry.. but she kp telling us actually now hor, can feed him DS with marmite or those pork floss le leh.. Then I tired of explaining. Let Hb do the job!

U say lah, I dare to let her cook anot..

Ting

hmmmm actually my parents also like to feed pin abit of this n that when she was young.
maybe im not tt kinda over protective mother n i trust my parents bahs, so even they give pin lick abit of orange juice, or munch on a pinch of bread, im ok lehs.
tt was when she was after 6 mths old.
as long not on a daily basis n very often im ok lehs.
after pin 1yo, all hell break loose, she just eat everything. LOL~

i guess i just trust my parents instincts bahs.. n i know they wont want to harm pin in anyway also..
i mean, i just think, when we were young, also the same lehs, n we grow up healthily dont we? sometimes, just gotta relax abit lahs.

apollo

hmmmm actually my parents also like to feed pin abit of this n that when she was young.
maybe im not that kinda over protective mother n i trust my parents bahs, so even they give pin lick abit of orange juice, or munch on a pinch of bread, im ok lehs.
that was when she was after 6 mths old.
as long not on a daily basis n very often im ok lehs.
after pin 1yo, all hell break loose, she just eat everything. LOL~

i guess i just trust my parents instincts bahs.. n i know they wont want to harm pin in anyway also..
i mean, i just think, when we were young, also the same lehs, n we grow up healthily dont we? sometimes, just gotta relax abit lahs.
tt time my mum fed ash eat CHEESE bread ***piak my forehead*** i saw but i just act blur.. HAHAHA!!!! and hor he also lik to jiak orleng~~~ and ytd she told him "when u reach 1yo, ahh maa buy donut for u okay?" HAHA!! now i slowly 'let go' liaoo as long as no MSG food until he is older. esp fruits, i just let him try (just lik ORLENG & watermelon), but i always remind my mum those highly allergy food lik honey, peanut, egg white this kinda of food reallly cannot test water! haha!

Last edited:

Ting

yup orleng baobei, my parents who feed those kind tt might cause allergy.
they r the ones who remind n tell me when then can feed pin those type of food. :)