Milk recommendation for mummy who does not like milk...

Wiledna

i hate milk power kinda milk as well.. but my mil don't let me drink the meiji or marigold milk. :embarrassed:
so the HB zoomed off to the supermarket and grab the similac mum (maybe the picture looked the nicest?)
i seriously dislike the strong milk power taste and the sight of it is enuff to make me puke.. :bsad:
haiz... now no choice, HB says must sacrifice for the lil one, moreover, bought the whole tin so must finish..

soapsoap

i hate milk power kinda milk as well.. but my mother in law dont't let me drink the meiji or marigold milk. :embarrassed:
so the husband zoomed off to the supermarket and grab the similac mum (maybe the picture looked the nicest?)
i seriously dislike the strong milk power taste and the sight of it is enuff to make me puke.. :bsad:
sigh... now no choice, husband says must sacrifice for the lil one, moreover, bought the whole tin so must finish..
buy chocolate flavour one, it taste not bad

CanCanMum

for mummies who hates milk might want to try soya bean milk?

contains same amount of calcium plus yr baby will turn out chubby and fair haha~~~

i drank 2 glasses of soya bean milk every morning and before i sleep i drink anlene.

Marigold's low fat milk tastes ok coz it has vanilla taste so not too milky

i nebber take any fresh milk during pregnancy coz scared grow fat, all are low fat milk haha~~

Ting

i also did take soya bean almost every morning though i took fresh milk everyday. :p

but how come pin not fair huh!!!!

CanCanMum

i also did take soya bean almost every morning though i took fresh milk everyday. :p

but how come pin not fair huh!!!!
disclaimer lOlzzz:

both u + mate muz be fair based :p:p:p

pin not fair but shes oredi pretty nebber mind lOlzzzz

xicloudix

I attend a class in KKH due to gestational diabeties and was told that those soya bean sold in the hawker/ mr bean etc does not have the nutritional value and are high in sugar.... And they recommend those avalible in NTUC in cartons box like fresh milk... i think nutrisoy brand?? can't remember... they recommend me the LOW SUGAR... but of coz the nurse say if compareed to milk, soya bean will lose out..... milk is still the best T_T

CanCanMum

1 packet of 500ml Nutrisoy contains 180mg of calcium in every 100ml, just nice i m drinking it ~~~haha

nowadays there are Organic Soyabean milk around, claims to contain high levels of calcium, but personally i find it tastes funny :p, the consistency oso a bit thick.

those sold in hawker centres are non-processed soyabean so there is bound to be less nutrients compared to processed ones.

bakaholic

Hi Ladies,
There is this brand of milk from Australia, PURA (green carton) which contain 500mg calcium per 250ml serving. 2 glasses of that will be sufficient for a day supple of calcium. I have been drinking that.

Hi ladies~ Any idea where to buy soy protein powder rather than packet type sold in supermarkets cause I prefer hot soya milk rather than cold one..

Dragontail

May I know is it good to start drinking milk now that I'm 7-8weeks preggie?

I usually end up with a bit of diarrhea if I drink those cold milk off the shelf. So I try to drink soya milk instead which is lactose free. Or should I try those formulae milk powder specially for mummies to be? Which will do better for the baby?

Thanks.

tealeaf

dragontail, you can take soya milk, but in moderation. 1 week 2-3 times is fine. I drink milk powder because of the nutrition inside. First trimester, just take folic acid which is important for the development of the baby's spine. If you want to take milk powder, it's fine also. I took milk powder when I was in my 8th week. one glass a day.
I've tried several milk powder : enfamama, anmum, and Nan. So far the best is anmum followed by enfamama. However, the calcium contained in anmum is much lesser than enfamama. 1 glass of enfamama has 600 mg calcium which is necessary for the bones and teeth of the baby.

May I know is it good to start drinking milk now that I'm 7-8weeks preggie?

I usually end up with a bit of diarrhea if I drink those cold milk off the shelf. So I try to drink soya milk instead which is lactose free. Or should I try those formulae milk powder specially for mummies to be? Which will do better for the baby?

Thanks.
Yes, you can start comsume milk/soyabean milk. When i am 5 weeks preg, gynae already advise me to take it.
Cause don't really like the milk smell, so i choose drink the organic oat milk which suitable for vegetarian and those allergy to milk.

Dragontail

Oh I've been wanting to try out the organic oat milk. Does yours come in ready packed or powdered one? Which brand are you consuming now?

Does it contain as much calcium as those formula milk powders?

Thanks.

Oh I've been wanting to try out the organic oat milk. Does yours come in ready packed or powdered one? Which brand are you consuming now?

Does it contain as much calcium as those formula milk powders?

Thanks.
Hi, i am now consume Fitwell
http://www.behappy.com.my/Fitwell-Organic-Oat-Milk-有機燕麥植物奶-850gm/q?pid=1408&doit=order

but not sure is this can buy in Sg as i bought it from Msia.
There's another brand called Biogreen. http://www.greenimage.com.my/bio_oatrange.html

It's not a ready packed , its in powdered one.
Normaly i just put in a small container and bring it to office and just make one/two cup a days.
I think you can go to those organic shop ask around there's lot of brand out there.

Does it provide as much calcium as formula milk powder , this one i cant answer you but last time when i heard a health seminar
actually our body is more suitable to intake the non-animal calcium. Like soya/oat milk actually can replace those milk powder.
else how those vegetarian absort the needed calcium, hope its helps.

Here some info about benefit of oat milk.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/267017-what-are-the-benefits-of-oat-milk/

Last edited:

etep9114

I can tahan HL milk the flavoured types, plain one cannot make it... but some says HL milk no gd for pregnant, it does not give us the nutrients we need.... I will try anmum see how, i scared buy already cannot take it then waste $$
You can get free sample from Anmum. Some hospital do distribute the samples or arrange for staff from the milk company to distribute the samples. I tried all samples that I got from the recent motherhood fair at Expo and find the chocolate one the best.

tealeaf

chocolate flavor is a bit heaty though it tastes better. I normally bought vanilla flavor and chocolate powder. If I want to have chocolate flavor, I just added chocolate powder into the vanilla milk.