Modern Cloth Diapering

naddyrah

Hi,
I'm currently cloth Diapering my two girls, 13mth and 29mth old.
I'm using Happy Heinys and Mother'sTouch for my 29mth old and Autumnz for my 13mth old as the cutting is alil bit smaller and has a nice snug fit for my petite 13mth girl.
Happy Heinys and Mother'sTouch the cutting seems alil bit bigger so they give a nice snuggly fit for my bigger girl.
Oh and I used to cloth diaper my older boy when he was abt3yrs old during the night only as at that time he was toilet training in e'daytime. For my boy I used ZiggyZag.
Usually, I will collect soiled diapers in a dry pail and wash them alone every other day.
I used CountrySave detergent.
If the diaper has poo on it, I will spray down the poo and rinse and wring and put them
In the same dry pail.
And I will line dry on the pole under the hot sun for at least half the day.
No problems with stains, as the sunlight will
Absorb it.
Oh and once a month I will wash just the inserts with vinegar and baking soda and warm water, then rinse thoroughly and line dry.
I dont do this to the cover bcos, if the waters tooo hot, it mite ruin the waterproofing.
Oh and for brand new cloth diapers I will separately wash the inserts and covers for at least 6 times.
I will soak them in separate pails overnite and wash and dry 6times.
So far, no problem with leaking even at nite.
It's alil bit easier now as my older girl is able to tell me when her diapers wet. And am
Toilet training her soon too.
Sorry, hope this is not too long.. ;op
Just my 2cents worth. ;o)

naddyrah

Oh and I forgot to add, if it's a rainy day or rainy season, especially rainy season, I will switch to disposable diaper for a while. Bcos the diapers ESP the inserts will have this funny dampy dampy smell which I hate, if they r not dry out in the sun. ;o( oh and so far, I dun need to use any nappy cream when my girls are in cloth diapers. On any event, my girls do have rashes due to wearing the disposables at times, i will use Desitin blue with anakku liners, but, do make sure that the cream is covered proper with the liners and try not to let the cream touches the cloth diaper. If it does, I will do a strip wash on the next washing day. ;o)

LeiaRaine

I have been using cloth diapers on my breastfed baby since he was born.
The brands I have are Babyland, Flip, Bumwear, Fuzzibunz and Blueberry Minky.
So far I like the blueberry minky best because they keep my baby's bum driest compared to the rest of the brands I tried. Bumwear comes second.

I wash every alternate day using my washing machine at 60 degrees with a rinse plus function, the detergent I use is Spin. Normally I use only 1 tbsp to prevent buildup. I would place the inserts in a pail of water and soak for a day before I use it.

I don't use liners coz I feel that they interfere with the absorption of the diapers and it doesn't seem to feel comfy on my baby's bum. So far, since using cloth diapers, my son hasn't had any diaper rash yet, though my Desithin is always on standby. =)

Mummy to Baby V

MieVee, do you have any lubangs for Grovia AIO - newborn and regular???
Yes: Tiny Tapir provided a sample for review months back.
Pending publishing the review, likely with a giveaway and/or discount code.
Am unwell these few weeks (experiencing what you're going through this period, hush hush first!), so not sure yet when to publish it.
You need it urgently?