money spent.

babyturtle

Hi. I just joined the mummy forum, so technically I am relatively new. Still exploring. Heh.
Wud just like to know, anyone of you knows the estimated amt of money spent, from the start of pregnancy, til birth ??

PTB7476

Hi. I just joined the mummy forum, so technically I am relatively new. Still exploring. Heh.
Wud just like to know, anyone of you knows the estimated amt of money spent, from the start of pregnancy, til birth ??
my friend told me $20K :tlaugh: but i think 15K should be enuff but then again it all depend on how individual spend it ..eg : private hospital cum gynea ... stayed in single bedded room or suite... stroller - $3K ... cot etc also a couple of $K ... all these can add up alot however if one is not that particular ... KKH subsidized or private hospital but 2 or 4 bedded rooms, stroller - $100-200 ... cot $200-300 i think $10K is more than enuff and sometime even less than that

apollo

for me, this is my expenses (estimated) from the start of preg..

From 4th week preg till 11+week, spent ard 7-800bucks cause i had bad MS< nd to go for jabs and drip. but if ur preg is smooth or MS not tt bad, usually each checkup is ard 100++..

2nd tri onwards, took package $700, include mthly checkup, urine test, scan all the way till delivery. That does not include the 20th week detailed scan which cost ard $100++..

On delivery fee, mine was ard 6.4k, scheduled c-sect, paid ard 2.4k cash.

the delivery fee, have to depends on ur gynae charges as well as which hospital u're going for delivery.

HTH =)

babyturtle

what's MS ?? i just found out. so i'm kinda confused, cos i had to research up on alot of stuff, and still am researching up on it.

so the $700 package, covers from the 2nd til the last scan just before birth right ??

cos i'm prolly gonna just do the birth naturally. haha, c-sect sounds scary and painful. >.<

PTB7476

what's MS ?? i just found out. so i'm kinda confused, cos i had to research up on alot of stuff, and still am researching up on it.

so the $700 package, covers from the 2nd til the last scan just before birth right ??

cos i'm prolly gonna just do the birth naturally. haha, c-sect sounds scary and painful. >.<
MS is morning sickness and FYI $700 is Apollo's gynae package diff gynae has diff package.

and it is beyond our control to choose natural or C sect...it depend on how the pregnancy progress and whether the BB and our body co-operate:tlaugh:

apollo

MS = morning sickness..

$700 includes:
-mthly consultation
-ultrasound scan
-urine test strip
from the 12th week onwards all the way till the last checkup b4 delivery.

diffe clinic gives diffe package prices and include diffe stuffs. mine are quite standard.. so we cant really give u the exact amount of what u nd to pay.. mayb u can tell us which gynae u're seeing now? govt or pte, which hospital u're going to deliver at? so the other mummies can give u a clearer picture.

as for mode of delivery, sometimes is not up to the mother to decide. haha..

babyturtle

oooh. thanks to both !! :) like i've said, i have totally no idea. i just found out a couple of days ago, cos i missed my menses. i did a home test, then went to the doc's for confirmation. so.. i'm kinda lost. haha. still trying to plan. ;p

yup true. hopefully its natural !! hahaha

stonston

In terms of medical bills:
- $800 antenatal package from 1st visit
- $1800 cash when discharge from hospital (4bedder free upgrade to 2bedder, natural with epidural)

Others:
- Maternity wear $800 (had to buy clothes for work)
- Breast pump $800
- Baby items $3000 (inclusive of stroller, baby clothes, toys, milk bottles, playpen & misc items)
- Tonics like bird nest, etc (paid by my mum but I know the price cos I was the one who ordered $5000)
- New bras cos of the bigger boobs $200

Once baby born, alot more expenses. As they grow older, more expensive with school & enrichment/tuition.

PTB7476

In terms of medical bills:
- $800 antenatal package from 1st visit
- $1800 cash when discharge from hospital (4bedder free upgrade to 2bedder, natural with epidural)

Others:
- Maternity wear $800 (had to buy clothes for work)
- Breast pump $800
- Baby items $3000 (inclusive of stroller, baby clothes, toys, milk bottles, playpen & misc items)
- Tonics like bird nest, etc (paid by my mum but I know the price cos I was the one who ordered $5000)
- New bras cos of the bigger boobs $200

Once baby born, alot more expenses. As they grow older, more expensive with school & enrichment/tuition.
:tlaugh:U are scaring her with all these figures :tlaugh:

CanCanMum

Antenatal visits = $60 - $80 per month, after 8 months onwards, $60x2 per month, totals to about $800+

Admission deposit for 4bedded in KKH = $1000

Maternity clothes = buy a few only, rest all passed down from friends. I literally repeat my clothes from MOn to Fri Lolzzzz save $$$$. At home juz wear oversized Tshirts $200+

Tonics = birds nests and Dang sheng (if u r carrying a boy only) I only drank 2 times during my 5th month and 6th month of pregnancy i think. ANd during beginning of 7th month, my mum brewed Dang Shen for me to drink coz she said it strengthens the baby's lungs and make the boy stronger. (i dunno i juz drink lOl) $300

Delivery charges = i have posted before in detail of my hospital bill, let me dig it out

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f37/help-needed-asap-pls-11095/

Baby supplies = milk bottles, diapers, breast pump $1000 +/-

Not counting in after baby is born and confinement period stuff.

u can get bra extension strips to sew onto your existing bras until after delivery u need to get nursing bras which double up as your daily wear ones for your bigger and fuller boobs hehe

Last edited:

babyturtle

hahaha. the ones abt when they grow older i'm not so concerned yet. what is impt to me now, is when the baby is born. actually, when exactly am i supposed to go for my checkups ??

apollo

hahaha. the ones about when they grow older i'm not so concerned yet. what is impt to me now, is when the baby is born. actually, when exactly am i supposed to go for my checkups ??
it depeends on individual. some only started going to gynae for checkup n scan from abt 8-9 weeks onwards cos can see clearly. but i just went to my gynae's clinic on the day i was tested positive, abt 4week+... only saw an empty sac, nth inside yet. haha..

and usually checkups is done once a mth until later part of ur preg will become 3 weeks, then 2 weeks...

PTB7476

it depeends on individual. some only started going to gynae for checkup n scan from about 8-9 weeks onwards cos can see clearly. but i just went to my gynae's clinic on the day i was tested positive, about 4week+... only saw an empty sac, nth inside yet. haha..

and usually checkups is done once a month until later part of your preg will become 3 weeks, then 2 weeks...
me too...i went to the gynae that very day i was tested positve which is about 5 weeks and then follow up on monthly basis since then ...

personally i feel more secure to visit the gynae as soon as possible :tlaugh:

babyturtle

ooh. okie, thanks. :) do pple normally see seperate gynaes ?? like @ clinics, then deliver. or see the ones at the hosp ??