Morning bath or evening bath?

Hi, seeking opinions on the above.

BB is almost 10 wks old. Been giving him evening baths - read from a book that this will ensure bb will be fresh & comfortable enough to sleep for the night. makes practical sense - fyi, book was written by a professional nanny from the UK.

when my mother got to know about this, she started insisting i switch bb to morning bath. apparently evening time not good for bb as evening air is cold, expose bb's chest to ailments bla bla bla etc. dh's fren also said bb's pores will open ???

i'm just wondering what the difference is between morning or evening baths. why would a professional recommend an evening bath if it was bad? moreover, author is from UK where the climate is bound to be colder.

any suggestions or opinions?

yan2

My dd had both morning and evening baths. Evening bath will be around 5pm and morning bath around 9am.

For our hot climate, good to keep clean.

my bb has morning baths, and the occasional evening bath when he's really sweaty.

i think from the TCM point of view, evening baths are generally not recommended, babies and adults alike. Even worse to bathe and go to bed immediately after coz of the dampness in the body.

There is no such concept for western cultures, so they recommend it coz it is relaxing for the baby.

Rapple

I give my DD morning baths at ard 9-10am. In the evenings, I sponge her coz our weather is so humid n hot.

hmmm ... thx 4 all ur inputs. keep them coming!

i give bb his last feed for the night right after his evening bath. he seems to do well as he usually lasts between 5 - 6 hrs.

lonerjas

BB is almost 10 wks old. Been giving him evening baths - read from a book that this will ensure bb will be fresh & comfortable enough to sleep for the night. makes practical sense - fyi, book was written by a professional nanny from the UK.

when my mother got to know about this, she started insisting i switch bb to morning bath. apparently evening time not good for bb as evening air is cold, expose bb's chest to ailments bla bla bla etc. dh's fren also said bb's pores will open ???

i'm just wondering what the difference is between morning or evening baths. why would a professional recommend an evening bath if it was bad? moreover, author is from UK where the climate is bound to be colder.

LOL no offends ah... western ppl body diff from us.. cannot compare lor..

I tink in SG is better to bath in morning ba weather more warm and comfy and some sunlight for a while is gd oso

vonn81

hi,

Think its ok to have 2 bath a day bah... i give my dd afternoon bath. no fix timing cos she wakes up late. so approx. between 11am-2pm. then at night i used to wipe her then change to night wear.usually ard 7-9pm. Now i start giving her a quick bath with me. She seems ok, but not everyday lah.
:shyxxx:

January84

me bath my son in the morning around 8-10am and sponge him at 4-5pm on the very first day he was brought home untill 6 months old, then the evening sponge became evening bath. unless raining days then sponge.

hmmm, UK climax and food intake are diff from us, moreover, our elders cant accept western theories and always take that as nonsense. .

eg BF and formula milk.... though both are intro by west, our elders will still think that FM is better then BF..

SH74

i started giving my boy water bath in evening recently (5+ months old) 'cause the weather is too hot n he's sweaty.

if weather ok n he's not sweaty, i'll jus wipe him w damp cloth. realised that he can sleep better aft water bath.

will ask PD this sat to c if it's ok to do that.

CanCanMum

my mum bathe my boy before lunchtime everyday, around 12noon. When i picked him up after work i will still give him a hot and quick shower before bedtime because he really smells leh, perspire a lot and gets very sticky. Wiping him alone doesn't get rid of the stickiness. Sometimes i wash his hair even, but blow dry afterwards.

my girl had her bathe at 10am everymorning. then ard 8pm sponging only. until she's 4 months old, i bathe he twice a day. 10am & 5pm. nw shes 11mths, i bathe her @ 8pm (b4 bedtime) & morning 10am.

vonn81

ya, i think bathing or wiping is impt, cos really humid nowasdays. if bb feel uncomfortable and sweaty they sleep well too. so guess its alright lah so many of us did so. if bb still young b4 3 or 4 mths then dun bathe in the evening just wipe wipe will be good. after giving my gal quick bathe with me when she turns 5mths make it so enjoyable n fast. cos i just use the shower to bathe her. hehe!!

Celina

I shower my son normally in the late morning during his first few months, i will only wipe his body at night. COs he's not really sweaty to me LA!..

But after the 4-5th month, i started to shower him, twice a day. Cos they are practically more active, so meaning getting sweaty.

autumn82

I bath DS in the morn ard 7am-8am (punishment for waking me so up :p Kiddin'!) then wipe in the evening ard 6pm before his last feed for the nite..

SH74

hullo mommies!

glad to see i'm not alone bathing my ds in evening!

yes mrspuppy do ask ur pd - rem to keep us posted on his reply!
my pd said it's ok to use shower to bathe my boy (abt 6 mths old) in evening. but not too late.

now we alw do that. my boy loves it. alw play w the water. can even go under the shower head for a while.

so much easier n fun to bathe him that way.

erina.nakata

my MIL always bathes my son early in the morning

does not make much difference since he still sleeps quite well at night

phytay

1st mth-my bb bath in the morning abt 11am

2nd mth -bath either in morning / evening , one time a day .cause don wan towash away bb natural oil. bath too much bb skin will be dry