Mouth ulcer

diymummy

It depends what you want the medication to do and it depends on how bad is the ulcer.

Off the shelf medication like Bonjella can soothe the pain and numb that little bit.

When my son had HFMD with several mouth ulcers, my doctor prescribed a stronger med which can numb the spot completely so that he can drink milk or eat his food.

You might want to see a doctor to get a proper assessment and medication.

My take is, if the ulcer is not affecting her sleep and diet, you can just leave it there. It should subside after a few days.

Phoebii Cheng

You can apply aloe vera gel....tht time I applied aloe vera gel when my son had ulcers, but I too agree with diymummy better bring to c the doc to get proper assessment first:tlaugh:

It's a spot at her lower lips near outside. Yest was smaller today bigger. I worried that by the time full blown will be very big.

She still eat her porridge this morning. She slept as per normal during the night only until 4+ this morning then keep crying and waking up. So I guess is bcos her mouth hurts.

I tried to apply a little of the bonjela but she just lick it up. So I don't wanna give her anymore cos I'm really sure if it's safe for baby.

candy_ian

My son had a fall when he was learning to walk n had a ulcer in the lip.. I applied organic aloe Vera gel on the ulcer..

candy_ian

I usually put the aloe Vera gel into the fridge before I apply on his ulcer.. I think the cooling feeling soothes the ulcer n alive Vera promotes healing..