Mummy meet up in the west

ling198

Hi kchiah , nice to meet u :) where are u putting up? Which places are convenient for u ? Just met another nice mummy to a 5 1/2 month old . Is yours a prince or princess ?
Hi all,
I'm the one who met up with natureautumn on Monday in the NTUC supermarket. We were both there looking for things for our babies, haha.
I live in cck & is currently a SAHM who sometimes take up home-based jobs.
I'm ok to meet up on most days but maybe hv to be without the baby cuz her nap time is also from 11-2pm.

kchiah

Natureautumn yes Mothercare is beside Fox baby if I not wrong, at 3rd floor bah.

I hv started feeding solid to my boy, baby rice n puree. I gave him BB rice first 4.5mths, then jus started puree for 2 wks :).

natureautumn

Wow, your babies take pretty long naps;) my ds used to take the noon Hapsburg then his nap times became more irregular except for the onefter the shower in the morning , even then he does not sleep for long hours, kinda up to him. Maybe I bring him out so he is more irregular ;) ke ke

Lovely26

Joanna I am a SAHM cum work from home too.

So now we got Natureautumn, Love26, baglover, Joanna n me.

Love26 how big is ur BB now? I brought my boy out alone when he is 2mths old :).

How about this Thursday or Fri after lunch time like 2pm at JPoint?

Hi my bb is 7 weeks now. I wanna bring him out but he cries most of the time.....i wonder is he feeling uncomfortable the way i carry him.

Fyi, i wanna buy a carrier and pram but not sure which should i buy first. Wah....ur baby must be behaving good that's y you can bring your bb out alone. Anyone can suggest?

Jpoint is good...woohoo. But m going back to mom place, I will be in town.

Last edited:

ling198

Wow, your babies take pretty long naps;) my ds used to take the noon Hapsburg then his nap times became more irregular except for the onefter the shower in the morning , even then he does not sleep for long hours, kinda up to him. Maybe I bring him out so he is more irregular ;) ke ke
Actually 2pm-3pm is the max she will sleep till, but ONLY if she wakes up at 8am. If she wakes up only at 9.30am, she will take at most an hour nap & maybe a few short ones for the rest of the afternoon. She used to sleep only for short while too because my mom always brought her out around noon time. Only 2 wks ago, i started her on a more fixed routine (put her down for naptime around the same time everyday) and she started to have regular naptime.
But I think u don't have to get too stressed up if your child does not have a fixed sleeping schedule. Some babies are just different. ;)

ling198

Hi my bb is 7 weeks now. I wanna bring him out but he cries most of the time.....i wonder is he feeling uncomfortable the way i carry him.

Fyi, i wanna buy a carrier and pram but not sure which should i buy first. Wah....ur baby must be behaving good that's y you can bring your bb out alone.

Hi Lovely26, all babies like to cry at that age. Don't think it's the way u carry him. The first 3 months is the hardest period for us. They don't respond to us in any way except crying, crying & more crying. ;)

I find the Bjorn carrier quite good for babies, even newborns. They feel close to you and can sleep while you go about doing your own things, like shopping etc, haha. Pram is good only when they grow older (or heavier) though it should be the most relaxing for you, unless you are taking buses.

Lovely26

Hi Lovely26, all babies like to cry at that age. dont't think it's the way you carry him. The first 3 months is the hardest period for us. They dont't respond to us in any way except crying, crying & more crying. ;)

I find the Bjorn carrier quite good for babies, even newborns. They feel close to you and can sleep while you go about doing your own things, like shopping etc, haha. Pram is good only when they grow older (or heavier) though it should be the most relaxing for you, unless you are taking buses.

Hi Ling198, you never know. My baby cries when he fart, sleep, drink & poo.....sigh. Thanks for your advice, i was thinking Bjorn carrier too.....maybe will drop by Kiddy palace to settle this item first. My 7 week old baby is weighing around 6kg plus, doubt i can carry him for long hours if i need to bring him out. kekeke

missesjoanna

Wah! More and more mummies in west area.. I don't mind as long as weekdays. But wed normally not free. Think Only my baby boy need to wait till next year then can bring him out. Hopefully can get into all mummies topics and some advice :D

Lovely26

Congrats on ur darlings arrival:) how old is your little one now? I brought mine out when he was 2 mths only becos I was going crazy staying home alone a home;) but definitely better t let Bb settle first :)
Which part are u at ?
Hihi, I am in the West too. Thanks so much for the effort for arranging this meeting. Will see you guys during the next meet up as I had just finished my confinement (40days), my priority is to head to my mom's place often and next to get a carrier so that bb feel comfortable wherever I carry him too. My bb is 7 weeks old and already weigh 6kg plus......*cool*

Totally understand how u feel staying at home. I was very stress lately too as I am having issues with my in laws against the way they take care of baby especially my fil. These days whenever i see his face, I felt super sick of him. I can't wait till this Friday to go to my mom's place.......

engel

Hi hi!

Mind if I joined if u guys meet up next? As long as there's mrt...:p...

My girl is abt 7 wks now, but been actively bringing her for walks since 2nd wk...
Just running out of places to go and getting bored... Bluergh....

natureautumn

Actually 2pm-3pm is the max she will sleep till, but ONLY if she wakes up at 8am. If she wakes up only at 9.30am, she will take at most an hour nap & maybe a few short ones for the rest of the afternoon. She used to sleep only for short while too because my mom always brought her out around noon time. Only 2 wks ago, i started her on a more fixed routine (put her down for naptime around the same time everyday) and she started to have regular naptime.
But I think you dont't have to get too stressed up if your child does not have a fixed sleeping schedule. Some babies are just different. ;)
Its true put her down for more regular sleep time better . Actually I read the baby whisperer and reading the no cry sleep solution book by pantley. Baby whisper ideas think great if I had started much earlier.

(lovely: you might want to try them out)

Basically it works on this EASY schedule , baby eat , has activity , sleep and y stands for you get your time.
I kinda of started him on that 1 month ago, so I do put him down to sleep in the afternoon but Sometimes his sleep ends up broken, meaning he gets maybe 4 naps , but short ones like 1 hour each etc or if we are outside in carrier , he takes cat naps like 20 to 40 mins, if in stroller , no deal, won't be able to sleep as he can't turn and sleep prone .

Guess I take him out to swimming activity, ( which he really enjoys too) so that's why my schedule

natureautumn

Is a little topsy turvy , but u are rt , we should not stress too muchover it;) just be happy they are growing ,

Lovely; I agree with ling, a carrier easier in the first few months and most feel more comfy snuggled close to mum. I use manducca but many moms also use bjorn.

Can understand the fil part, me too initially and sometimes too as he let's the tv run with entertainment programs while holding him e ke

fionica

Hi Mummies... I am first time mummy and my boy just turn 4mth, have never bring him out alone must be challenging. I would love to meetup, but i'm working, so could only meet up in the weekend.

kchiah

When we at home I let my boy take 2/3 short nap, but when I bring him out he will sleep in my sleepywrap. He is now 9kgs so I need to buy a carrier.

Lovely26, u may go to try Manduca BB carrier as it is suitable from infant upto 20kgs BB n more comfy when BB r heavy.

Pram is gd but quite troublesome when need to bring BB out alone n for me I dun drive so need to take bus n MRT, so I prefer a BB carrier as I usually bring my son out alone.

engel

#1 is abt 10kg now and refuses to seat on her stroller; she has been fighting it since she was 9 mths... Hahaha
usually she would want to walk on her own unless she feels insecure in crowded places; would have to carry her then.. Seldom sleeps when I bring her out, so depends on individual babies and toddlers on what they prefer ... Oh yeah, have the b bjorn as well, she didn't like it after 6 mths.... :(

When we at home I let my boy take 2/3 short nap, but when I bring him out he will sleep in my sleepywrap. He is now 9kgs so I need to buy a carrier.

Lovely26, u may go to try Manduca BB carrier as it is suitable from infant upto 20kgs BB n more comfy when BB r heavy.

Pram is gd but quite troublesome when need to bring BB out alone n for me I dun drive so need to take bus n MRT, so I prefer a BB carrier as I usually bring my son out alone.

natureautumn

Hi hi , perhaps we wanna confirm meet uP this fri at 2Pm at
Jurong point .

So far it is kchiah , ling and myself ? Amy other mummies can meet up this fri ?

engel

Hi hi , perhaps we wanna confirm meet uP this fri at 2Pm at
Jurong point .

So far it is kchiah , ling and myself ? Amy other mummies can meet up this fri ?
Jp sounds gd, but what's the plan like? Meeting up at cafe? Or shopping? Or etc etc? Generally free if weather permits:)

kchiah

Okie I m onz.... Hehe.. We meet at a cafe or fast-food store. Mac?

Engel u stay in which part of north? Me woodlands, if nearby we can go tgt but I take train.