Must buy original toner?

Angelmum

Nowadays colour printer so cheap. The expensive part is their toners!
Is it necessary to buy original HP toners?

I saw some refill type, some toners claimed to be able to fit leading brands .... anybody tried? Which replacement brands cheap n gd? Where to buy cheap original toners?

CanCanMum

yep i agree totally

for me i normally buy original HP toners at Sim Lim Square or at Popular if urgent...but cartridges are not entitled to POP club members discount.

There is a shop at SIM LIM SQUARE who claimed they can refill all kinds of ink cartridges for u.

Not yet tried for my canon printer but haf stand by my empty cartridges to bring SIM LIM to try let them refill. One set of ink is $60 (Black, tri-colour) and can refill 10 times.....first time they will refill for u FOC, after tat we refill ourselves

Once i tried will post here...heeee

:tlaugh:

Last edited:

Angelmum

There is a shop at SIM LIM SQUARE who claimed they can refill all kinds of ink cartridges for u.

Not yet tried for my canon printer but haf stand by my empty cartridges to bring SIM LIM to try let them refill. One set of ink is $60 (Black, tri-colour) and can refill 10 times.....first time they will refill for u FOC, after tat we refill ourselves

Once i tried will post here...heeee

:tlaugh:

refill into original cartidge :err:
ok, I wait for u to try 1st :001_302: :001_302:

Angelmum

No wonder HP toner sales drop... everyone never buy original! :)

FYI... HP toners prices went up by 6% since 1 Apr 09.. see attached memo.
But currently stocks constraints for some models... expected availability is only in midJune... as HP has signed up with new manufacturer for their toners.
non-edible still want to increase price .... so in order to reduce prints ... I send via email, ask receiver print themselves ... clever hor :Dancing_wub:

Daddy D

Alpha Male
non-edible still want to increase price .... so in order to reduce prints ... I send via email, ask receiver print themselves ... clever hor :Dancing_wub:
Ya... I always use this signoff in my emails... :)

PPlease consider the environment before printing this e-mail

I think only the auditors.. finance ppl... print like nobody's biz... kill so many trees :)

veronica

I heard that if your equipment is still within warranty, you need to use their original toner.

If there is any faulty within the warranty claim, they can void your warranty (but I also dun know how they can track)

After warranty, I also dun bother to buy originals.

stonston

Toner and ink cartridges are different things.

For toner i dun like using refills although they cost onli 1/4 the price of original plus got free delivery. once u use the refill, the print out isnt very clear and u will get alot of smudges.

Sometimes it's more exp to buy original but now HP got this reward program tt u can earn points from ur toner purchases and exchange for free items. And depending on how u set ur printer, 1 toner can last quite long. I am a very heavy user (print notes and exam papers for my students everyday), 1 toner can last me a yr! I set it to economy mode and it does not use tt much toner each time.

For ink cartridges i always use those injectable refills. but i buy the slightly better refills cos the printout is nicer. some brands got this trade in program where u give the empty cartriedge back to them u can get a new original one at discounted pricing. down side abt using injectables is tt u can onli refill ard 3-4 times using 1 cartridge, then u gotta change the cartridge to new one else the print out wont be clear anymore.

How do they know if your warranty is void bcos u din use original?
there's a small computer chip inside the printer tt registers all the toner/cartridges u use. once they will store the info and when u send for repair they can trace :)

pureline

haha my hubby usually replace a new printer when the ink are out.

He mention to me that replacement of black and colour ink might cost him more then $80 depending on the brand, so what he does is to get those cheap printer that is on promotion like $49 to $69, and he sold off the printer when the ink dried up to cash converter and get about average $10 back per sale.

CanCanMum

hello~~~:001_302:

printout is like using the original ink cartridge but one thing bad is:

the printer always says i need to replace ink although it can still print....lols~~~meaning it cannot detect ink levels though

but i guess its still worth the $$ coz 3 colour ink + 2 black ink bottle only costs 40 bucks and they said can refill about 10 times (but the empty cartridge will wear off after refilling for 5 times, so after 10 times need to buy their refill cartridge)

i kept 2 sets of empty original cartridge:001_302:

Angelmum

the printer always says i need to replace ink although it can still print....lols~~~meaning it cannot detect ink levels though

but i guess its still worth the $$ coz 3 colour ink + 2 black ink bottle only costs 40 bucks and they said can refill about 10 times (but the empty cartridge will wear off after refilling for 5 times, so after 10 times need to buy their refill cartridge)

my HP toner cant open up to refill ley, so means I cant buy to refill right?

stonston

Angelmum, yours is TONER, not INK right?
Toner I got someone to come refill for me before. He charge $50 for first toner, $30 for subsequent toners on the same trip. We refilled HP, Canon & Xerox toners before. It's good for certain models, not so good for some. depends largely on the model of the printer.

joeyz

Hi CanCanMum,

Which SimLim Shop did u purchase it from? I bought my refill ink cartidge from SimLim Shop on 5th floor for my canon printer. 3 color + 1 black for $46. But mine is diff model though. Same as what u encounter, it will always show printer ink low. So far i've refill for abt 5x already and still doing good. Do i need to change the ink cartidge or until i see some sign of it? Mmmm..

CanCanMum

Hi CanCanMum,

Which SimLim Shop did you purchase it from? I bought my refill ink cartidge from SimLim Shop on 5th floor for my canon printer. 3 color + 1 black for $46. But mine is diff model though. Same as what you encounter, it will always show printer ink low. So far i've refill for about 5x already and still doing good. Do i need to change the ink cartidge or until i see some sign of it? Mmmm..
hello joeyz, i oso bou from SIM LIM sq, i noe which shop u bou from, i went there to ask its oso $46, correct. I bou at other shop, which is the first one u see if u come up from escalator and turn LHS. Tat shop is selling $40 and they give u free syringe to draw ink from bottle and refill inside the sponge.

Name : Inkstation Pte Ltd

Sim Lim Sq #05-79

CanCanMum

oh so u oso encounter tat ink level problem??? Guess we gotta replace once the printout is faded lorr....old method lols~~~