my 2yr+ gerl drinking milo instead of her formula milk

shirasefira

she's currently drinking Progress Gold bt eversince my mother in law introduce her to milo 2 wks ago, she keep asking for milo instead of her milk... n i cn c that she is losing weight too... maybe bcoz she never drink her fm.she eat rice during lunch onli n i reali worry about her health... is it ok for her to drink 180ml of milo 5times or more per day???

apollo

i personally feel tt having milo 5x per day is abit too much.. maybe gif her milo once a day? the rest try to gif her milk? though she is 2 alrdy, but i still feel tt milk is impt =)

jasobias

if she really wants milo..make her milk as usual n add a tiny amt of milo..tht wld be better than drinking milo packs...too many not gd...!

Flame Angel

I agree with jasobias , add a bit in her milk will not hurt anyway
I remember in my small time I ask for coffee everytime coz my grand mother once gave me to taste then my mom used to mix a pinch of coffee powder in my milk and give me.. It used to taste horrible that I stopped asking her ..
:nah:

Pamper

i totally agree with apollo.. it's really not gd for her health.. mayb u can try talking to her and let her noe that drinking too much is not gd before u cut down suddenly..

Phoebii Cheng

Hi

I think tht drinking too much milo is not nutritious enough....milo is energy but ur daughter needs more nutrients in her diet too, mayb u let ur mom know?

I oso agree tht mayb u can mix the milo into her milk instead of her taking milo by itself

shirasefira

i personally feel that having milo 5x per day is abit too much.. maybe give her milo once a day? the rest try to give her milk? though she is 2 alrdy, but i still feel that milk is impt =)
me 2 feel that its too much...bt then my mother in law say its good n better for her????? i ask her in what way its good?? her ans is so ridiculous... sumtimes i dont understand what old ppl are thinking... already talk to hubby about this to tell his mother off nicely, now she makes 3scoop fm + 1teaspoon milo...

apollo

me 2 feel that its too much...bt then my mother in law say its good n better for her????? i ask her in what way its good?? her ans is so ridiculous... sumtimes i dont understand what old ppl are thinking... already talk to hubby about this to tell his mother off nicely, now she makes 3scoop fm + 1teaspoon milo...
i think better dont mix milo with FM. cos ur girl might be used to it and refuse FM next time.. IMO, i dun think milo is better than FM in any ways. somemore i'm sure ur mil will add in condense milk into milo, which i feel will be quite sweet.. once in awhile is okay but many x per day is too much.

just my 2cents worth anw =)

shirasefira

I agree with jasobias , add a bit in her milk will not hurt anyway
I remember in my small time I ask for coffee everytime coz my grand mother once gave me to taste then my mom used to mix a pinch of coffee powder in my milk and give me.. It used to taste horrible that I stopped asking her ..
:nah:
i mix with fm bt she refuse to drink at first.. talk to her nicely saying its not good 4 her health she stil insist milo made by my mother in law... scold her no use, she will run to my mother in law, n mother in law will make usual milo 4 her... im e type of person who dont like to tell others off espc my mother in law who pampered my gerl too much.. so i told hubby the prob n he himself will talk to his mother... n hubby told/scare our toddler if she cntinue drinking milo without any fm added, she will fall sick n go hospital n doctor will inject her n a lot of blood will come out.. that poor lil gerl gt reali scared the moment she heard the word 'hospital' n 'blood' and she eventually drank her milk with just 1 teaspoon of milo added...

shirasefira

i think better dont mix milo with FM. cos your girl might be used to it and refuse FM next time.. IMO, i dont think milo is better than FM in any ways. somemore i'm sure your mother in law will add in condense milk into milo, which i feel will be quite sweet.. once in awhile is okay but many x per day is too much.

just my 2cents worth anw =)
what you say is true.. will take one step at a time... thnx apollo!

stonston

This is the reason why I do not let my boy even have a taste of anything that might cause this to happen.

You can try:
1. Mix a small amount of Milo powder into her regular amt of formula milk (at least got some taste of Milo). Slowly decrease the amount of Milo powder and do not add after a while. Maybe she needs some time to get used to her milk again because Milo is so tasty.
2. Just flatly reject her. I did that to my boy and he did throw tantrum one the first few times but subsequently, he know that he's not suppose to ask for it.

Another 'trick' to make my boy dislike foods I do not want to give him is by telling him it's not nice. For example, he saw other kids eating sweets and he wants some. I gave him. But I chose a very spicy (mint) sweet and let him have it. He spit out immediately and drank alot of water. Never asked for sweets again. When he was given sweets during CNY, he kept them in his pocket and gave them to me when we reached home.

Then he wanted to drink packet drinks (cold and sweet). My hb gave him some 'Ba Bao Tea' (8 treasures tea) which is quite bitter and funny tasting. My boy hated it and never asked for packet drinks again. Then he asked for canned drinks. We know he does not like the bubbly feeling from gassy drinks, so my hb gave him root beer. Now he does not like sweets, packet drinks and canned drinks.

He's tried Milo so far (no thanks to my mum) and he's requested for Milo before. He even knows how to 'order' Milo from my maid ("Auntie Su, 1 ice Milo please!"). But he knows that it's a rare treat, only if he behaves well. My hb set the limits on Milo by telling him that he is having it because he is a good boy and he can only have it when he's a good boy. So far so good. He only asks for a sip or two when he sees me drinking it.

pink_laydee85

I also give my kids milo..All 3 of them..Usually mornin i give them FM..Den ard lunch tyme den i give them milo..My husband will also give them milo mix of FM..I myself like to drink Milo alot