My 3mth old refusing his milk

christineneogoh

My boy keeps screaming whenever he is fed... he used to love drinking milk but after his colic and reflux phase, he started refusing milk. He's 3mths old and used to drink 120ml / 4hrs but now he drags till 6hrs then will he start to drink. The frequency of his feeds are now very irregular. Can anyone offer any info on this or help?? I'm at my wits end...

weishy

my gal too she's 17 weeks old and refusing to drink too......hv to force her but still doesnt wan......checked on other forums.....other bbs too hv this problem and some over 4 months.....think this is the phase where they're more interested in playing etc then drinking ba......hope she'll resume back soon.....urs too....good luck

daberdew

Sighz.... mine too. But most of the times, he drink too fast so feels very full. As long as we burp him completely, he will start drinking again.

However, there are times when he throw tantrums and refuse to drink, nothing we can do too. Sighz...:tsad:

there must be something wrong when ur baby doesn't want milk & isn't having colic..
bring ur baby to a doctor just to be safe.

my baby will sometimes refuse milk when she first wakes up.
will drag until like 2 hrs ltr, then she'll start crying for milk.

LoVeS

I feel sum bb r juz sick of the taste of milk already so they refuse milk coz at certain stage my ds aso like tt.

Babies can refuse milk either because they are teething, or they are more interested in playing. As long as your baby is still gaining weight then there is nothing to worry about.

lynnsilhouette

Babies can refuse milk either because they are teething, or they are more interested in playing. As long as your baby is still gaining weight then there is nothing to worry about.
Agree with your second sentence.
some babies may not want milk after they take the jab which will cause fever too. some will drink 1oz less than previously.

dawn

my 3 mth old is also v unpredictable in his feeding, sometimes taking in 100ml at one go (after 2 - 3 hrs), some times he refuses after 50 - 70 ml and it is really heart-wrenching to see him feeding less and disposing my EBM ... :wong7:

what's more worrying is that even at 3 mths, his daily total intake is not much different than what it was at 2 mths... though he has been gaining weight i must say (and dropping hair)

LoVeS

my 3 mth old is also v unpredictable in his feeding, sometimes taking in 100ml at one go (after 2 - 3 hrs), some times he refuses after 50 - 70 ml and it is really heart-wrenching to see him feeding less and disposing my EBM ... :wong7:

what's more worrying is that even at 3 mths, his daily total intake is not much different than what it was at 2 mths... though he has been gaining weight i must say (and dropping hair)
2mths old milk intake n 3mths old milk intake is abt the same one. My ds during tat time his milk intake is 120ml when he is 2mths-3.5mths old. If he is gaining weight each time he go for his jab cum check up then it shouldnt b a prob. Even my ds since 3mths old till now his weight gain for each mth is always 25% only whereby avg bb should b 50% SO if the bb look healthy n play as usual then nothing much to worry.

syarifah

sigh.... he doesn't want to drink he doesn't want to play either he's extremely fussy and its not colic either... sigh
how do you confirm that bies do not have colic. anyway my boy also at times cranky too. also theres this saying that it seems taking care of babyboy is harder than baby gerls. cuz for me taking care of my gerl is indeed a n easy breezy task. (touch wood)

rabbit41

Now my boy is 4 mths plus. He is also refused to drink milk. It has been going nearly to 2 weeks liao. Sometimes he happy he will drink. If not screaming and crying. Handkerchief often get very wet.

mel77

My boy too 4mths plus now and has same prob, refuse milk since he was 2mths old. Paed told us he allergic to protein and prescribe liquid form milk comes in bottle (Similac Alimentum). Quite costly thou per bottle $18.50 for a day feeding. The protein is partially digested for stomach comfort. He's been drinking till now.

Dianaqk

oh my god.. my baby is only nearly to 8 weeks n we already fed her 150ml per feed. Sometime she will left over 20ml - 50ml of formula.

Actually we wan to noe r we overfeed our baby???:bunsure:

But my gynae said hv to challange her.. to give her more..

mcqueen

i hv same problem too...My gal is 3mths+ refusing milk since last mth. Screaming & crying when feed her. Is tough job. But dun hv this problem when feed her at night time. Why har?

Kalyani

My boy keeps screaming whenever he is fed... he used to love drinking milk but after his colic and reflux phase, he started refusing milk. He's 3mths old and used to drink 120ml / 4hrs but now he drags till 6hrs then will he start to drink. The frequency of his feeds are now very irregular. Can anyone offer any info on this or help?? I'm at my wits end...
I think that i may be the time you can start with fruit juices/solids. You can try Heinz bottle food also.... It is said to start on solids after 4 months. If your baby nearly doubled his birth weight, you can start on solids. I have done the same for my 4 month old baby boy, when he was 3 month old...

cyssie

i hv same problem too...My gal is 3mths+ refusing milk since last mth. Screaming & crying when feed her. Is tough job. But dun hv this problem when feed her at night time. Why har?
my baby is 2.5 months and start to show this problem as well... at night because he is half asleep so no problem drinking..but when he is fully awake it seems impossible to force him to drink...he used to drink 120 ml per feed...then drop to 90...and drop to about 60 only now... over the past 2 weeks he only gains 200 kg... it is abit too little right? sigh... don't know what to do about this...