My hubby boss is bias(ed)

asl_6886

currently my hubby is facing work problem..because he is the sole bread winner therefore this is also my problem... sorry i put at the wrong thread

my hubby works with this ang moh company...he is the third man to join when the company first set up.. this company is good and i'm very certain he got a bright future with this company..

when he first join, his ang moh director damn kind towards him... they more like friends than colleague..then suddenly the boss after sometime show his true colours...calling ppl names,like to say bad words, today he good to you the next day you his biggest enemy,very yaya papaya,he even racist etc until my hubby also cannot tahan sit next to him but my hubby he the type of person who hack care type.."you dont disturb me i dont disturb you" kind of person..

my hubby if he is working,he always arrive an hour early before his working hours and very dedicated to his job..
then his director trying to find fault with my husband.. even when email with no greeting also he want make a big fuss..easy say small matters he like to make big.. try to make things difficult for my hubby..
then he started to show favouritism...his other colleague are allowed to work from home on eve of new year but hubby was told to come..his director even email colleagues from other country say the office building is lock so cannot access to office which is of couse he's lying cos they can get the keys from the warehouse if they want to go to their office if the building is close..

in his line of work, he cannot work alone bcos its dangerous so my hubby email his director asking one of his colleague to come... just one then
suddenly the boss like not happy say that my hubby is lazy dont want to come..he even cc to the ceo about this small matter..of course my husband xplain to the ceo etc.. then the next day his director and the colleague come like not happy... my husband is ready to talk nicely to him but suddenly he shouted at him..

hubby then blood really go up and they had a huge argument..
but still my hubby do his work, email here and there cos he dont mix personal and work matters... then that bloody botak quietly ask the i.t man to change the outlook passwork and when on Monday after back from new year holiday when the botak come to office, he shouted to my huuby to get out from office then later he ask for office keys,laptop etc
my hubby know he will terminate from his service but what really upset him is that on what reason is he fired from his work? because they had an argument?i just dont like the reason on why he being fired.. i scared this botak create story and tell lies..

first the botak never tell him directly, you know saying he was suspended or terminate,second his other colleague ask to wait for letter but its nearly a week but no letter.. my hubby is like hanging on a thread... i can tell he still want to work with this company.... my hubby is quite close with the ceo, should he email and explain the matter? even if he got no luck with the company, should he at least clear his name?

sorry for the typing so long but really damn fed up...

terasey

This sounds to me like unfair termination. Did your hubby get the compensation?

IMO, he should escalate and voice out the unfair treatment he's been getting and a clear request for reinstatement or "redressing of grievances". If the CEO is someone fair, he will loook into it. BUTTTT if he is another kind just like the botak... then tell ur hubby to give up this co..

Maybe another option is to raise this to MOM to complain about that Botak and also to seek compensation.

asl_6886

not yet...
scared if complain to MOM,the botak surely create story... the botak don't even own the company but act like the big boss...even the owner of the company not like that...
not sure whether his ceo is someone fair,skali he front good than back the same than more jia lat...
no compensation....$$$ gone hehehe

stonston

Does your hb have any evidence of the racist remarks made? E.g. emails or HP sms?

I think your hb should meet up with the CEO to explain directly. If your hb is not reporting to work now, then that guy might tell the CEO that your hb is playing hooky!

edy

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, your husband has to let the CEO aware of this matter. Please make sure your husband is equipped with all the relavant information and be rational when bringing up this matter to CEO.

Based on your description, your husband's manager is yet another stupid egoistic manager and that manager ought to be fired.

May I know which country is your hubby's manager from?

Ting

agree with the others.
if he hv evidence, bring it up to the CEO.
whther he is another "botak", at least he tried to clear his name.

asl_6886

thks everyone,feeling better after sharing my problem.... too bad my hubby have no evidence against him..that stupid botak is from south africa... his position in the company is S.E asia director but the ceo refer him as manager haha.. how you ever seen or hear a person in his position open his wallet in front of the accountant to show that he got no money to pay the claims..nearly 2 months ago he also fired my hubby's chinese colleague, what really upset me is that he throw that guy uniform in the bin like some trash..what kind of attitude is that? currently my hubby is opting the "wait and see"attitude which really frusts me haha(me impatient kind haha) if in 2 days no answer,my hubby will directly meet the ceo... oh yes, whenever the ceo talking to my hubby during their smoke break, the botak look very restless,every 2 minutes will check on them... aiyoh,this botak is worse than us ladies... haha

annie03

Hi,

I also faced the same prob as your hubby somewhere last sep but mine not worse till that extent whereby boss wanna fired me. But instead is me who wanna resigned cos can't take it anymore and furthermore its so far from my hse.

He started to find fault with me when I'm trying to clear my 21 days leave. When I apply n submit the leave for his approval, he will ask me why I wanna take this day. Isn't it to our preference? N if i'm sick during work time, i have already seek another boss permission to see doc n take mc, then he will also find fault with me the next day when i return work saying why i nvr see doc then come back to company n give mc before going home. Hello, I'm working in Ubi & staying in wdlands leh. If i really can do that, then I must be faking sick. I have nvr come across this kind of boss lor. And he only started to treat me unfairly after working for him for 4yrs.

Then one fine day, i had a big quarrel with my boss cos he was just too unreasonable. Then I immediately submit my resignation letter in less than 5mins after coming out from his office. And upon seeing the letter, he had a nice talk with me and since then till now, everything is back to normal. No more unfair treatment to me as at now.

Sorry for my long story. But I'm sure your hubby will sure to find a better firm & boss. Cos I guess he wun feel good too to drag himself to work n to face his stupid boss. Maybe a new environment might be happier for him and its just that company's loss for not keeping him in their company.

currently my hubby is facing work problem..because he is the sole bread winner therefore this is also my problem... sorry i put at the wrong thread

my hubby works with this ang moh company...he is the third man to join when the company first set up.. this company is good and i'm very certain he got a bright future with this company..

when he first join, his ang moh director damn kind towards him... they more like friends than colleague..then suddenly the boss after sometime show his true colours...calling ppl names,like to say bad words, today he good to you the next day you his biggest enemy,very yaya papaya,he even racist etc until my hubby also cannot tahan sit next to him but my hubby he the type of person who hack care type.."you dont disturb me i dont disturb you" kind of person..

my hubby if he is working,he always arrive an hour early before his working hours and very dedicated to his job..
then his director trying to find fault with my husband.. even when email with no greeting also he want make a big fuss..easy say small matters he like to make big.. try to make things difficult for my hubby..
then he started to show favouritism...his other colleague are allowed to work from home on eve of new year but hubby was told to come..his director even email colleagues from other country say the office building is lock so cannot access to office which is of couse he's lying cos they can get the keys from the warehouse if they want to go to their office if the building is close..

in his line of work, he cannot work alone bcos its dangerous so my hubby email his director asking one of his colleague to come... just one then
suddenly the boss like not happy say that my hubby is lazy dont want to come..he even cc to the ceo about this small matter..of course my husband xplain to the ceo etc.. then the next day his director and the colleague come like not happy... my husband is ready to talk nicely to him but suddenly he shouted at him..

hubby then blood really go up and they had a huge argument..
but still my hubby do his work, email here and there cos he dont mix personal and work matters... then that bloody botak quietly ask the i.t man to change the outlook passwork and when on Monday after back from new year holiday when the botak come to office, he shouted to my huuby to get out from office then later he ask for office keys,laptop etc
my hubby know he will terminate from his service but what really upset him is that on what reason is he fired from his work? because they had an argument?i just dont like the reason on why he being fired.. i scared this botak create story and tell lies..

first the botak never tell him directly, you know saying he was suspended or terminate,second his other colleague ask to wait for letter but its nearly a week but no letter.. my hubby is like hanging on a thread... i can tell he still want to work with this company.... my hubby is quite close with the ceo, should he email and explain the matter? even if he got no luck with the company, should he at least clear his name?

sorry for the typing so long but really damn fed up...

Funz

Is your hubby still going to the office as per usual or waiting for the letter at home?

If he has not been going in to the office since the incident, go talk to the CEO asap. Cos the botak can turn around and accuse your hubby of being absent w/o leave and that is grounds for termination.

And since there is no black & white to back your hubby up that the botak actually told him not to come back, it will be a he say you say kind of situation.

Is it a pretty established ang moh company? If yes then they usually have pretty strict HR procedures that they have to follow.

Anyways, in short, talk to the CEO.

Phoebii Cheng

Working with ang moh, you will more or less face this kind of situation....

Ya I agree with all the mummies, please ask ur hubby to speak to the CEO, to at least ask the CEO why he was terminated, based on what ground? And if your hubby still hv his appointment letter, ask him to go through it and check if termination, both parties hv to give notice.....without notice, then the company have to pay ur hubby the notice period too, even though ur hubby is asked to leave immediately.

What I would do is go through the employment contract and talk with the CEO.

If your hubby is terminated based on unfair grounds, he can go to the MOM and ask MOM to speak to the company on his behalf

Working with ang moh u have to face their "moodysm" when they feel good, they treat u good, when they feel bad they throw tantrums at u. I dun work for ang moh boss, but a colleague, he is like tht. In front of u, he will smile and say u good, but behind u, he will say nasty things abt u.....yep, they r worse than a woman :tlaugh:

asl_6886

hi all, my hubby just skype his Ceo just now. From the conversation he had earlier which is short and simple, i can see the ceo is more on the botak side.what a waste of time.... is ok if he terminate my hubby but without hearing his side of story? bloody bulls***...can some more say we remain as friend.. I don't really like to curse but in this case i hope the company wont do well in Singapore since its only started about a year ago.Not even a thank you,he just say he will ask the botak to send him termination letter.All this while i thought the ceo is a great guy.. hmm wrong judgement.

edy

Administrator
Staff member
asl,

I am sorry to read about the outcome and hope your hubby is compensated fairly for the termination.

Time to look for a better job :)

asl_6886

my hubby is ok with it but i'm the one who is more piss off...(breathe in... breathe out..) luckily my hubby already got a job offer from his ex boss or else i dont know what will happen? it's all right, i guess God have other plans for our family hehe

meiteoh

Working with ang moh, you will more or less face this kind of situation....

Ya I agree with all the mummies, please ask your hubby to speak to the CEO, to at least ask the CEO why he was terminated, based on what ground? And if your hubby still have his appointment letter, ask him to go through it and check if termination, both parties have to give notice.....without notice, then the company have to pay your hubby the notice period too, even though your hubby is asked to leave immediately.

What I would do is go through the employment contract and talk with the CEO.

If your hubby is terminated based on unfair grounds, he can go to the MOM and ask MOM to speak to the company on his behalf

Working with ang moh you have to face their "moodysm" when they feel good, they treat you good, when they feel bad they throw tantrums at you. I dont work for ang moh boss, but a colleague, he is like tht. In front of you, he will smile and say you good, but behind you, he will say nasty things about you.....yep, they are worse than a woman :tlaugh:
Aiyo, not all angmohs are like that.

Am not saying this because I'm married to one but because I've worked with a few AND under an angmoh boss. In fact, it was one of my best working environments because he was very into meritocracy, discipline and rewarding those who are hardworking and productive NOT apple polishers and etc. My angmoh colleagues - Aussies or Brits - were also very professional, hardworking yet super helpful and friendly. In fact, they care more about their performance and the outcome of each project than my Asian colleagues. :(

When the angmoh boss left, things got really crappy at my office so much so that many people started leaving the place.

stonston

With every race/religion/nationality, there are bound to be BAD SHEEPS.

I've worked for an angmoh before & I think that he's very professional & treats everyone fairly.

But I've also seen my friend's angmoh boss who is really like a devil.

Can I say all angmohs are devils? I try my best not too cos deep in my heart, I know some are real nice.

Target the problem (his boss throwing tantrums and being rude plus wrongfully dismissing him), not the race/religion/nationality :)

edy

Administrator
Staff member
Throughout my career, I have been working with "ang moh" (Brits, OZ, American and etc) ...

Based on my personal experiences American is the best to work with ... they are fair and result oriented.

It is the worse to work with micro manager ... they can drive you nuts and "touch wood" I am very lucky so far :wong29:

asl_6886

receive the letter already.. the reason for termination, gross misconduct.. why he can get away with it since he's the one who started it first with the shouting?Aahhh so angry but have to move on..no use thinking about it,only give me unnecessary wrinkles hehe anyone can help me regarding the money matters(not good with numbers)? how do the company count the salary? lets say if the company payday is 23th and was terminate on the 4th, how many days will my hubby will be paid? From the beginning of the month or from 23rd? how about his remaining leave? is it claimable?

Ting

i think shld be pro-rated?
but will be compensated???
remaining leave i think can claim in monetary value?? depends on his coy policy lehss.

Salary should be pro-rated. As for remaining leave, the new year has just started unless your hubby has got unfinished leave from last year?

Some companies don't pay for remaining leave, might be absorbed or they let you go earlier factoring in remaining leave.