My IVF Success Story

Kokura

Hi ladies, I am sharing my testimonial here because I want to encourage all those who are facing infertility issues. I know how your journey is like because I went through the same suffering as you. I hope you will feel inspired after reading this.

I ROM IN 06 & HELD MY WEDDING DINNER IN 07. I WANTED TO HAVE 2 BABIES BY AGE 30. HOWEVER, I POSTPONED IT AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE EASY TO CONCEIVE. BOTH OUR PARENTS HAD MANY SIBLINGS & MY HUSBAND HIMSELF ALSO HAD MANY SIBLINGS. I ALSO WANTED TO LIVE UP TO MY HUSBAND'S EXPECTATION OF ME TO WORK IN A RENOWNED MNC & EARN A RESPECTABLE SALARY. FURTHERMORE, WITH MOVIES CONSTANTLY PORTRAYING COUPLES GETTING PREGNANT AFTER HAVING A ONE NIGHT STAND, WE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE EASY TO SUCCEED.

IN DEC 08, I DECIDED TO START TRYING AS I WANTED TO MEET MY “2 BABIES BY 30” DEADLINE. 1 MONTH PASSED BY & SOON 3 MONTHS FLEW BY. NOTHING HAPPENED. WE TRIED EVERYTHING WE COULD THINK OF – EXERCISING REGULARLY, EATING HEALTHILY, CONTROLLING OUR TEMPER, MONITORING MY TEMPERATURE DAILY & PLOTTING A CHART TO CHART MY FERTILE PERIOD, TESTING MY URINE EVERY MORNING TO DETECT MY FERTILE PERIOD, USING DIFFERENT SEX POSITIONS, ETC, ETC ETC. YOU NAME IT, WE DID IT. STILL NOTHING HAPPENED. WE DECIDED TO GO FOR A GENERAL FERTILITY SCREENING. THE RESULTS TURNED OUT TO BE FINE. I EVEN WENT FOR A TEST TO ASSESS MY FALLOPIAN TUBES. THAT TEST TOO, TURNED OUT TO BE ALL RIGHT.

SOON, 6 MONTHS TURNED INTO A YEAR & WE STILL HAD NO GOOD NEWS. WE WERE GETTING ANXIOUS AS WE DID NOT WANT TO BE OLD FIRST-TIME PARENTS. I GOT MY HUSBAND TO GO FOR A SPERM TEST. THE RESULT SHOWED THAT HIS SPERM QUALITY WAS VERY BAD. WE WERE VERY UPSET AS WE HAD NOT EXPECTED THIS. MY HUSBAND REPEATED THE TEST A COUPLE OF TIMES TO SEE IF IT IMPROVED. UNFORTUNATELY, IT DID NOT, DESPITE OUR BEST EFFORTS & SPENDING SO MUCH MONEY ON VITAMINS, TCM, ETC. THE CHINESE PHYSICIAN WHOM I HAD BEEN SEEING A FEW YEARS EVEN TOLD ME TO GIVE UP. I PERSISTED & I SAW ANOTHER PHYSICIAN INSTEAD. HOWEVER, THIS PHYSICIAN WHOM I SAW MONTHLY HAD EVEN LESS HOPE IN ME AS I COULD SEE A 'HERE COMES THIS DESPERADO AGAIN” EXPRESSION ON HER FACE. IT WAS MENTALLY DRAINING ON US AND ON TOP OF THAT, THE AMOUNT OF MONEY WE HAD SPENT ON TRYING FOR A BABY EASILY RAN INTO TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS.

TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE, WE WERE LIVING IN AN ESTATE WHERE THERE WERE MANY YOUNG FAMILIES. THERE WAS ONCE WE ENTERED A LIFT, ONLY TO FIND OURSELVES SURROUNDED BY A COUPLE CARRYING THEIR BUNDLE OF JOY IN ONE HAND, & ANOTHER COUPLE HOLDING THEIR LITTLE CHILD'S HAND. AND GUESS WHAT WE WERE CARRYING? NTUC GROCERIES BAGS!!! IT WAS SUCH A BITTER IRONY I NEARLY WANTED TO BANG MY HEAD AGAINST THE WALL...

MY HUSBAND URGED ME TO GO FOR IUI. BUT I STRONGLY RESISTED THE IDEA AS I HAD A BAD PHOBIA OF INJECTION. WATCHING SOMEONE ON TV RECEIVING AN INJECTION MADE ME SCARED. WATCHING SOMEONE RECEIVING ONE RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME MADE ME TERRIFIED STILL. DOING DAILY SELF-INJECTION DURING THE COURSE OF IUI WAS DOWNRIGHT IMPOSSIBLE. PERIOD. ARE U NUTS? HOW CAN I HOLD A SYRINGE & INJECT MYSELF??? SO I KEPT TELLING MY HUSBAND THAT WE SHOULD CONTINUE TO TRY NATURALLY.

IN EARLY 2010, I FINALLY CONCEIVED. I WAS TOO SHOCKED TO BE ELATED. AFTER SO MANY MONTHS OF RECEIVING A BLOODY REPORT LITERALLY, SO TO SPEAK, IT WAS SURREAL. I WAS THINKING, “OH REALLY? AT LOOONG LAST”. I EVEN WENT TO GET A SECOND PREGNANCY TEST KIT TO MAKE SURE MY JOY WAS NOT A FAKE ONE. THE SECOND ONE TURNED POSITIVE TOO. I WAS NOW ASSURED & CONSOLED MYSELF THAT EVEN IF I COULD NOT HAVE 2 BABIES BY AGE 30, THEN AT LEAST I WAS PREGNANT WHEN I WAS 30. HOWEVER, I SOON BEGAN TO SPOT. I IGNORED IT AS I DID NOT WANT TO BE PARANOID. THE SPOTTING CONTINUED & I DECIDED TO SEE A GYNAECOLOGIST. SHE GAVE ME 2 INJECTIONS & DID A BLOOD TEST. I HAD NO IDEA WHAT WAS GOING ON. WHEN SHE LATER DID AN ULTRASOUND, ALL SHE SAW WAS AN EMPTY SAC, NOT A DEVELOPING EMBRYO AS IT SHOULD BE IN A NORMAL PREGNANCY, AND SHE BROKE THE NEWS - I HAD MISCARRIED. MY JOY WAS SHORT-LIVED. I WAS TERRIBLY UPSET THAT MY LONG-AWAITED JOY WAS TAKEN AWAY. WHY? I SUSPECT IT WAS DUE TO OVER-EXERTION FROM BEING MADE TO DO A PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE, ONE OF MY FRIENDS WHO CONCEIVED A LITTLE EARLIER TOLD ME SHE EXPERIENCED SPOTTING TOO. SHE RECEIVED INJECTIONS & HER BABY TURNED OUT TO BE ALL RIGHT. HUH? WHY WAS MY BABY NOT ALL RIGHT TOO??? HER REVELATION MADE ME EVEN MORE UPSET AS THIS MEANT I, AS A VOTARY OF THE LOTUS SUTRA, HAD FAILED TO RECEIVE THE PROTECTION OF THE HEAVENLY DEITIES. IN BUDDHISM, EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON. HOWEVER, IN MY DARKEST HOURS, I WAS TOO UPSET TO BE ENLIGHTENED. I CRIED & CRIED AT THE UNFAIRNESS OF IT. I READ AN INDIAN MEMBER'S TESTIMONIAL & IT MADE ME FEEL RELIEVED THAT I NEED NOT UNDERGO DILATION & CURETTAGE, A SURGICAL PROCEDURE TO REMOVE CONTENTS OF THE UTERUS. I THOUGHT THIS COULD BE THE BUDDHIST CONCEPT OF LESSENING KARMIC RETRIBUTION. I REMEMBER THIS GOSHO THAT I USED TO ENCOURAGE MYSELF “Although I and my disciples may encounter various difficulties, if we do not harbor doubts in our hearts, we will as a matter of course attain Buddhahood. Do not have doubts simply because heaven does not lend you protection. Do not be discouraged because you do not enjoy an easy and secure existence in this life.”

IN 2011, UNDER RELENTLESS PRESSURE FROM MY HUSBAND, I DECIDED TO GO FOR IUI AS I WAS NOW 31 & STILL CHILDLESS. I WAS TERRIFIED OF INJECTIONS & I GOT A NURSE TO DO DAILY SELF-INJECTION FOR ME. THIS MEANT I HAD TO UNDERTAKE A MORE THAN 2-HOUR BUS & TRAIN RETURN JOURNEY JUST TO RECEIVE AN INJECTION THAT LASTED ONLY A FEW SECONDS. IT MAY SEEMED SILLY BUT I HAD NO CHOICE AS I COULD NOT DO IT MYSELF. I BLAMED MY HUSBAND FOR MAKING ME CONFRONT MY PHOBIA HEAD-ON. AS PART OF THE FERTILITY REQUIREMENTS NEEDED, I UNDERWENT A BLOOD TEST. THIS TIME, IT WAS REVEALED THAT I HAD VERY POOR FERTILITY. SO IT WAS NOT JUST MY HUSBAND... I THOUGHT THEY MIGHT HAVE MIXED UP MY BLOOD WITH SOMEONE ELSE & I WENT AHEAD WITH MY IUI. TO IMPROVE MY CHANCES OF SUCCESS, I EVEN WENT FOR ACUPUNCTURE DESPITE MY PHOBIA. UNFORTUNATELY, I RECEIVED A BLOODY REPORT 2 WEEKS AFTER & I BLAMED MY HUSBAND FOR MAKING ME SUFFER FOR NOTHING. A FERTILITY NURSE ASKED IF I WANTED TO GO FOR IVF INSTEAD. I SAID NO AS I FELT IT WAS LIKE A DEATH SENTENCE BECAUSE THIS MEANT I WAS NOT FERTILE AS A WOMAN.

THE FOLLOWING YEAR IN 2012, I WENT FOR AN EVEN MORE DETAILED & EXPENSIVE BLOOD TEST TO CHECK MY FERTILITY. THIS TIME, THERE WAS NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT. MY FERTILITY WAS INDEED VERY BAD FOR A YOUNG WOMAN LIKE ME. I WAS BEWILDERED AS I HAD NOT EXPECTED IT. THE SAME NURSE ASKED IF I WANTED TO CONSIDER ADOPTION. SHE WAS A MOTHERLY FIGURE & SHE MUST HAVE SEEN SO MANY INFERTILE COUPLES THAT SHE KNEW ADOPTION WAS THE ONLY WAY IF I WANTED TO HAVE CHILDREN. I WAS UPSET KNOWING THAT I COULD NEVER HAVE MY OWN BABIES & THAT I NEEDED A STRANGER TO TELL ME THIS. I WAS CRYING IN MY HEART BUT I PUT ON A BRAVE FRONT & POLITELY REJECTED HER. I DECIDED TO GO FOR A SECOND ROUND OF IUI. THIS TIME, THE DECISION TO DO SO CAME FROM ME, NOT MY HUSBAND.

HALFWAY THROUGH THE DAILY INJECTION, I DECIDED TO DO IT MYSELF INSTEAD OF COMING ALL THE WAY TO THE FERTILITY CENTRE. ONE OF THE NURSES SHOWED ME. HOWEVER, I WAS SCARED & MY HANDS TURNED SWEATY AS I HELD THE SYRINGE. I MANAGED TO DO AN INJECTION UNDER HER SUPERVISION & I TOLD HER I WILL INJECT MYSELF FROM TOMORROW AT HOME; I WILL NOT BE AFRAID ANYMORE. HOWEVER, I OVULATED THE VERY NEXT DAY WHEN I DID MY URINE TEST, SO I NEED NOT DO ANY MORE INJECTION. I THOUGHT WITH A POSITIVE MINDSET NOW, I SHOULD BE ABLE TO SUCCEED & FINALLY CARRY MY OWN BABY. 2 WEEKS LATER, THE RESULTS CAME. ALAS, IT WAS NOT TO BE. AGAIN. EVEN THOUGH I WAS UPSET, I WAS CALMER NOW BECAUSE I HAD FINALLY OVERCOME MY LONG-TIME PHOBIA OF INJECTION. IT WAS AN INDESCRIBABLE FEELING - I FELT I HAD FINALLY OVERCOME MY KARMA & AS WHAT BUDDHISM TEACHES, THAT I HAD TRANSFORMED POISON INTO MEDICINE.

SO EVEN THOUGH I WAS HESITANT ABOUT DOING IVF NEXT, I WAS LESS RESISTANT TO THE IDEA NOW. I CONFIDED IN MY NEW ZEALAND FRIEND & SHE SENT ME A TESTIMONIAL FROM HER GOOD FRIEND, WHO LIKE ME, HAD DIFFICULTIES CONCEIVING & UNDERWENT A SUCCESSFUL IVF. AFTER READING IT, I WAS VERY TOUCHED. SO TOUCHED, I PLUCKED UP THE COURAGE TO GO FOR IT. NOW, THIS WAS NO SMALL DECISION AS THIS MEANT THE NUMBER OF DAYS I HAD TO DO DAILY SELF- INJECTION WAS MUCH LOOONGER & I HAD TO LEARN HOW TO DO 2 KINDS OF INJECTIONS, NOT JUST ONE.

I CONFIDED IN ANOTHER FRIEND WHO WAS A SOCIAL WORKER & SHE REFERRED ME TO A LEADER WHO UNDERWENT THE SAME PROBLEM AS ME. I WENT TO HER HOUSE TO SPEAK WITH HER & I ASKED MANY QUESTIONS FREELY, & THIS GAVE ME THE KNOWLEDGE & CONFIDENCE IN UNDERGOING IVF.

I ASKED MY REPRODUCTIVE ENDOCRINOLOGIST WHAT WERE THE CHANCES OF SUCCESS GIVEN MY AGE GROUP, EXPECTING HIM TO REPLY “30%” BECAUSE THIS WAS WHAT I HAD READ ONLINE. HOWEVER, I DID NOT GET TO HEAR THIS. INSTEAD HE SAID, “WELL, AS YOU KNOW, GIVEN YOUR VERY POOR FERTILITY, YOUR OVARIAN RESERVE IS VERY, VERY LOW. I CAN'T SAY FOR SURE”. MY HEART SANK. NEVERTHELESS, I MADE IT A POINT TO KEEP POSITIVE.

TO COPE WITH MY PHOBIA OF SELF-INJECTION, I BEGAN A DAILY BATTLE TO COMBAT MY NEGATIVE THOUGHTS. WHENEVER A THOUGHT LIKE “I WILL NEVER SUCCEED BECAUSE IF I COULD SUCCEED, I WOULD HAVE SUCCEEDED LONG AGO.”, I BATTLED IT WITH A POSITIVE ONE LIKE “I WILL DEFINITELY WIN BECAUSE I AM A LION KING! THE LION KING FEARS NO OTHER BEASTS. NOR DO ITS CUBS. NICHIREN FOLLOWERS ARE LIKE ROARING LIONS, NEGATIVE THOUGHTS ARE LIKE BARKING FOXES”. THIS COUNTER-ATTACK WAS NOT EASY AS MANY NEGATIVE THOUGHTS ASSAILED ME IN A DAY, & IT WAS MENTALLY TIRING TO HAVE TO REPEAT THIS THOUGHT PROCESS OVER & OVER AGAIN. MANY A TIMES, I FELT LIKE GIVING UP SINCE THERE WAS NO GUARANTEE THAT I WILL SUCCEED. THE SUCCESS RATE IS ONLY 30%, WHICH MEANT OUT OF EVERY 10 WOMEN WHO ARE BELOW THE AGE OF 35, ONLY 3 WILL SUCCEED. THIS WAS THE GRIM REALITY.

ANOTHER POSITIVE TASK I DID WAS TO ADOPT AN ENERGETIC GAKKAI SONG & CHANGED THE LYRICS TO SUIT MY SITUATION. I EVEN ADDED SOME ACTIONS WHILE SINGING TO ENCOURAGE MYSELF. IT MAY SEEMED FUNNY BUT TO SOMEONE ABOUT TO UNDERTAKE A MOMENTOUS TASK IN HER LIFE, THIS WAS NO JOKE. I DID ALL THESE AS I DID NOT WANT DEVILISH FUNCTIONS TO CONTROL ME. I WANTED TO WIN. NOW.

IN 2013, ON THE DAY OF MY HUSBAND'S BIRTHDAY AND OUR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY, WE UNDERTOOK THE ARDUOUS IVF JOURNEY. IT WAS A MERE COINCIDENCE THAT THE START DATE OF MY IVF COINCIDED WITH THESE 2 MEANINGFUL DATES.

WHEN A NURSE TAUGHT ME HOW TO DO THE 2 DIFFERENT KINDS OF INJECTIONS, I NO LONGER FELT SCARED & MY PALMS NO LONGER TURNED SWEATY. I FELT IT WAS A GOOD START. THE GOAL OF EVERY IVF IS TO PRODUCE MORE THAN 10 HEALTHY EGGS SO AS TO INCREASE CHANCES OF FERTILIZATION & IMPLANTATION. AFTER ALL THAT DAILY STIMULATION, FROM THE ULTRASOUND ALL I COULD SEE WAS JUST 4 EGGS... FOUR? SO I HAD ONLY 4 EGGS FOR THE EMBRYOLOGIST TO FERTILIZE. I FELT MY CHANCES GETTING LOWER. STILL I TRIED TO BE POSITIVE.

THE NEXT DAY, IT WAS EGG RETRIEVAL. I UNDERWENT MILD GENERAL ANESTHESIA & AFTERWARDS WAS TOLD THAT ACTUALLY, THE DOCTOR ONLY MANGED TO RETRIEVE ONE EGG. WHAT? THERE WERE 4 ISN'T IT? I ASKED. YES, THE NURSE REPLIED, BUT THEY WERE JUST EMPTY SACS, NOT HEALTHY EGGS. I FELT MY PANIC BUTTON BEING PRESSED REPEATEDLY & WAS FEARFUL OF WHAT MIGHT LAY AHEAD. I KEPT TELLING MYSELF TO STAY CALM. I CHANTED FERVENTLY FOR MY ONLY EGG TO BE FERTILIZED SUCCESSFULLY & THAT THE EMBRYOLOGIST WOULD DEFINITELY BE MY SHOTEN ZENJIN. THE HOSPITAL WOULD CALL TO LET ME KNOW THE RESULT. I HAD HEARD OF WOMEN WHO UNDERWENT THE WHOLE PROCEDURE ONLY TO BE TOLD THEIR EGGS DID NOT MANAGED TO BE FERTILIZED SUCCESSFULLY, WHICH MEANT THEIR IVF WAS A FAILURE. I DID NOT WANT TO BE ONE OF THEM.

2 DAYS LATER, I RECEIVED THE CALL. MY EGG HAD BEEN SUCCESSFULLY FERTILIZED! IT WAS TIME FOR EMBRYO TRANSFER. NOW I KEPT CHANTING THAT MY EMBRYO CAN BE IMPLANTED CORRECTLY AND SUCCESSFULLY INTO MY UTERUS. THAT WENT WITHOUT A HITCH. UNFORTUNATELY A FEW DAYS LATER, I FELL FROM MY BED & I BEGAN SPOTTING. IT WAS SO DEJA VU. I WAS FEARFUL & I CALLED THE HOSPITAL TO ASK IF I NEEDED TO COME FOR A CHECK-UP. THEY KEPT SAYING THERE WAS NO NEED TO. MY HEART WAS POUNDING & I WAS SO TEMPTED TO GO BUT I CONTROLLED MYSELF & AGAIN, I CHANTED WITH ALL MY MIGHT, AS IF TO PRODUCE FIRE FROM DAMP WOOD. I DID NOT WANT TO COME SO FAR ONLY TO ACCIDENTALLY SPOIL MY CHANCES OF SUCCESS.

2 WEEKS LATER, I WENT FOR A PREGNANCY BLOOD TEST IN THE MORNING & THEY SAID THE RESULT WOULD BE OUT IN THE AFTERNOON. MY HUSBAND & I WENT TO HQ TO CHANT. WHILE WE WERE HAVING LUNCH, THE CALL CAME. THE NURSE ASKED FOR MY IC TO CONFIRM THAT I WAS INDEED THE IVF PATIENT. SHE SOUNDED DEAD SERIOUS & I TOLD MYSELF TO PREPARE FOR THE WORST. I TOLD MYSELF NOT TO CRY BECAUSE THIS IS A COFFEE SHOP & THERE ARE PEOPLE EVERYWHERE. THEN, SHE FINALLY SAID “CONGRATULATIONS! YOUR BLOOD TEST SHOWS YOU ARE NOW PREGNANT!” I CHOKED WITH TEARS & COULD NOT SPEAK. AFTER ALL I HAVE WENT THROUGH, AFTER SO MANY MONTHS OF HEARTBREAKING DISAPPOINTMENT, I FINALLY SUCCEEDED! DESPITE THE HIGH STATISTICAL ODDS AGAINST ME, DESPITE MY DOCTOR'S & PHYSICIAN'S LACK OF CONFIDENCE IN MY CASE, I SUCCEEDED. IT IS EXACTLY AS WHAT IS WRITTEN IN THE LOTUS SUTRA. “Those who believe in the Lotus Sutra are as if in winter, but winter always turns to spring.”

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE & NEVER GIVE UP PRAYING. NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO.

Last edited:

Kokura

Hi ladies, i hope my testimonial encouraged you. I shed the same tears as you & walked the same road as you.
No matter how tough this infertility road is, never look back!
Have courage to do what others do not. If you can't conceive naturally, take the path less trodden.
To fulfill your lifetime wish of carrying your own little baby, perhaps you may like to go for assisted reproduction like I did.
I know there are a lot of mental barriers to that.
If you like me to encourage you in any way, please drop me a PM & I will try my best to reply asap.

Kokura

I forgot to share above that in my journey to Motherhood, I was ever asked by Mr Teo Chee Hean, at a community event where there were plenty of children around, my age. When I replied that I was XX years old, he asked if I had any children. When I said no, he looked at me & said "Please have children quickly". I was embarrassed that a Minister asked me this question & I was screaming inside my heart "Minister Teo, it is not as if I do not want to have children. It is because I HAVE DIFFICULTIES CONCEIVING!!! Aargh~~~"

Kokura

During my more than 4 years of trying for a baby, I escaped seeing relatives as much as I possibly could during Chinese New Year as I feared the embarrassment of being asked the dreadful question. I wonder how many mummies-to-be did the same thing as me?

My mother-in-law once asked me in Hokkien in front of EVERYBODY "married so long, still no baby ah? Not only this incident. You know what? Even my uncle's wife asked me this same question in front of the WHOLE WORLD. Damn. Why do they always ask the women? Why not ask men too?! As if infertility is only the fault of a woman! Grrr... In fact, I feel they should just SHUT UP.

Ok, vent over.

yukki

Hi kokura, congrats on ur successful pregnancy news!! Ur story have encouraged me a lot and make me think positive once again. Currently, me doing ivf for e 1st time...nw going on with all the injections... ;)

Kinda worried at times.. those negative thoughts will appear out of nowhere... but luckily i happened to read ur post and i am once again motivated to stay positive...

Kokura

Yes yukki, you are right. As anyone who has been through IUI &/or IVF will attest, these negative thoughts will creep up from behind you insidiously, trying to attack you & wreck your mind, whether you are waiting for the lift/MRT, peeing or eating, etc. Only you yourself will know when these monsters appear, not anyone else, not even yoru husband. So I knew I needed a strong weapon to defeat them.
When I was doing IVF, I had such "good business" with my long queue of negative thoughts that I was mentally exhausted from counter attacking, and I wanted to stop & just let them attack me. But I told myself that if I let these negative functions succeed, how can I hope to achieve VICTORY??? My victory of holding my dear little baby??? In Buddhism, there is a saying "
the journey from Kamakura to Kyoto takes twelve days. If you travel for eleven but stop with only one day remaining, how can you admire the moon over the capital?" So I persevered & I strongly believed that my positive mindset was one of the contributing factors to my successful conception.

Kokura

You know when I just got married at 26 & I heard people saying that this Buddhism helped a lot of people to conceive, I did not pay much attention to it because I thought people who are struggling to have babies are those in their late 30s, not me, that's for sure. Or so I foolishly thought... Unfortunately, I did suffer from infertility & I only found out when I was 31... Obviously such things do not happen overnight & I am pretty sure I would have received such poor results had I gone for one when I was still in my 20s. So I decided to use my faith to have my prayer answered. In Buddhism everything happens for a reason. Had I not gone through this infertility path, would I be so empathetic to others in similar plight & be able to encourage others??? So here I am, baring my heart & soul to people I don't know. People may feel that by doing so, I am making myself vulnerable but I tell myself that I am here to help, to inspire others who are suffering from infertility, whether they are trying for their first or second baby, so I dismiss that vulnerability thought.

Kokura

I hope all those who are TTC can graduate to Forum "2016 Mummies". Let's all strive together & encourage each other. (^.^) This TTC forum is a place where no one wants to be stuck in forever.

Kokura

I would like to share one experience I had when I was trying to conceive. I was at a food fair at expo & I decided to sit at one of those benches outside the hall as all the seats inside were taken by hoards of middle aged & elderly citizens who were there to grab a good bargain. Guess who would struck up a conversation with me but an auntie? She began innocently enough. "Here for the food fair?" I nodded. "Wow, you bought so many things. Some of the items are not really that cheap even though it is advertised so. NTUC sells it for only $xxx." "Oh really?' I replied. And the conversation quickly shifted to THAT topic. After a quick look of my face, the auntie asked "Do you have any children?" I replied in the negative. "Oh, then why don't you quickly have one? It is good to start young." AARGH!!! What the xxxx! Why the heck should a complete stranger ask a question that I think about day & night & that bothers me the MOST?! So sickening! It is not as if I don't want! These people from the older generation should learn not to ask inappropriate questions! Just zip your mouth! Tsk!!!

Kokura

Hi ladies, today I would like to share a relaxation technique which is recommended by a psychologist. We all know how stressful a fertility journey can be, don't we? Damning blood test results, sarcastic comments from colleagues & relatives on why we still have not had a baby, impact of age on ovarian reserve, high risk pregnancy, etc. The list goes on. I would like as many ladies as possible to succeed in conceiving so I am going to share what I know.

The relaxation technique which I am writing about today helps one to relax & be more calm in a stressful situation. This technique is called autogenic relaxation exercise. This is designed to improve & give support to automatic systems of our body. These systems regulate our breathing, heart beat & blood circulation & many other activities needed for Man to survive. This exercise will teach our systems to be more relaxed.

Fret not, although it sounds complicated, it is anything but. :) It comprises of progressive muscle relaxation & deep breathing exercise. All you have to do is just find a comfortable sofa to lounge around on or a mattress to lie on. Then listen to the audio & follow the psychologist's instruction. For beginners, it is best to do the long one first before going to the short one as the short one is for people who are used to this relaxation exercise. The long one takes about 25 minutes & the short one takes about 13 minutes. For me, I did it when I was undergoing the daily injection for IVF & I did it on the day of my embryo retrieval AND embryo transfer.

I strongly believe that my relaxed state helped me to succeed in becoming a mother. And I am most grateful that my Buddha wisdom took me to his page when I was searching online for ways to relax. I am by nature, a highly kan chiong person. So if I can learn to calm down & relax my body without spending a bomb on some yoga classes, I believe you can too. The key is to be patient AND consistent. The more regularly you do it, the more benefits you can reap. And I would encourage all ladies who are battling with stress to give this relaxation technique a try.

So here is the link.
Autogenic Training | Autogenic Relaxation | Boca Raton

Kokura

Hi all, it has been quite some time since I last shared this effective relaxation technique online. How many of you tried? And how did you find it? Do you feel calmer in tense or angry situation? Do you feel in better control of your emotions now? Remember to keep practising this technique and not just stop after you have experienced its benefit. Consistency is key! :)

ditiantai

Have u ever thought of enhancing the environment of your house to increase your fertility? I would like to share my story regarding this topic.
After the failure of trying to conceive for almost 2 yrs since the age of 33, i went to kk hospital to have a check up on my fertility. I was diagnosed that I have one tube blocked and there was no egg in my menses. So, confirmed that the infertility was my problem and my hubby was absolutely fertile. Doctor suggested we opt for ivf after 2months.
During the 'waiting period' I did lots of research about ivf. I understood that the success rate in my age maybe around 40-50%. But surely we still would like to give it a try. I was so stressed and never disclosed my infertility to any friends and relatives. During the waiting period, I read an article regarding the 'Environment and Fertility'. I invited a friend who is professional in the industry to audit the place we stayed as we wanted to enhance the success possibility of ivf desperately. He had a client went for ivf and failed for 5 times. With the adjustment of the client's place, the 6th ivf was finally success and the twins were delivered. After the audit of my place, i was really shocked and understood why we had difficulty in getting pregnant. Long story short, we adjusted those problematic sectors and miracle arrived. I got pregnant naturally within a month after we adjusted the environment of our place. The power and energy of environment are really having big impact on our life.

Kokura

Hi ditiantai , a lot of women are suffering from infertility like you did, so it will be a good idea if you can share here what exactly you did to enhance the environment in your house. It is not a polite gesture to mention something that could be potentially useful to others & then be vague about it. I am sure there are other readers who want to know. Are you talking about fengshui?

ditiantai

Hi Kokura, in general terms it is fengshui. i can share what enhancement I have done but I don't want to mislead people as I have recommended some friends to the master and the enhancement is really different for individual house. As per my understanding from the master, our house has illness (imbalanced environment) and must be audited to prescribe the appropriate medication.

Kokura

Wow, ditiantai, not everyone is as lucky as you to succeed so quickly after you made changes! How many months preggy are you now?

Yes, I really do envy you. Truth be told, I was also influenced by fengshui & I decided to buy a piece of stone from a geomancy store at Nex a few years back. It was not very expensive; at about $30 a piece & is said to bring baby luck to the owner. Unfortunately, after I said certain statements aloud to the stone in order to "activate" its power, my heart felt very heavy & tight, & I kept on feeling very worried. I did not know why. I could not sleep that night & I decided to dispose of the stone in a natural way, as advised by the sales staff. Needless to say, I never turned to fengshui again. I guess different things work for different people.

Kokura

Hi everyone, today I like to introduce an effective way to manage one's negative feelings in a simple & quick way. Well, what has this got to do with fertility, one might ask? As we all know, fertility is something that is delicately controlled by hormones & is one of the most fragile systems in our body. When we experience negative feelings such as stress & tension, negative hormones like cortisol are released into our bloodstream. We should try to minimize all these negativity in our body in order to conceive. One of the ways we can balance this negative energy in our body is by doing EFT.

EFT stands for Emotional Freedom Techniques, and is also often referred to as ‘Tapping’. Essentially EFT is an emotional form of acupuncture, where we use our fingertips to tap the meridian points rather than needles. This simple technique, which is easy to learn, is capable of dissolving negative emotions within minutes or hours. It works much quicker than traditional therapy which may require weeks, months or years and EFT often works where nothing else will.

There is no limit to what you can use EFT for. It has been applied toa vast range of emotional issues and physical symptoms, even oneswhere ‘nothing else has worked’ or ‘can’t be solved’, and it still bringsamazingly positive results in nearly all cases.Here are just some of the issues EFT can be used to tackle with:

- anxiety
- stress
- fears and phobias
- anger
- bereavement
- poor self esteem
- lack of self confidence
- weight issues
- relationship problems
- limiting beliefs
- insomnia
- lack of motivation
- physical pain
- dyslexia
- addictions
- and many many more

So how do we do EFT? Basically, we tap on certain meridian points in our body while making self-statements aloud. Yes, it does seem crazy, but believe me, it does work.
So, I would like to direct you to this link where you can see the specific meridian points to tap. How to do the EFT Tapping Basics - The Basic Recipe | PART I For Everyone: The EFT Tapping Basics | Official EFT Tutorial
This website belong to the original founder of EFT, Gary Craig.

Certain statements that could be made to ourselves while doing EFT include but not limited to the following: "Even though I feel it so unfair that others conceive easily, I deeply & completely love & accept myself", "Even though I feel real grief for the baby I have not conceived, I deeply & completely love & accept myself", "Even though I deeply regret putting off starting a family, I deeply & completely love & accept myself". The rationale being that our mind will know what to work on as we tap. It is always better to be as specific as possible while we are doing tapping! I did tapping when I recalled my past; how I focused on my career & foolishly put off starting a family, thinking there was plenty of time to have one. Of course in hindsight, it was not so easy! And a lot of precious time was wasted as a result. As I tapped, I started crying because I could really feel the regret & heartache I went through. After doing a few rounds, my heart felt lighter & I no longer teared. Tapping is really effective! It will be a useful tool for all ladies trying to conceive, especially since it can be learned and self applied by almost anyone - you do not have to be a professional to apply it to yourself or your friends and family. However, as with all therapies, there is a small percentage of people with severe emotional problems who should not attempt to use EFT without the advice of a skilled professional and their doctor. Typically this would include people suffering from psychiatric disorders who are under the care of a psychologist or psychiatrist. If this applies to you, check with your doctor before you use the techniques in these sheets.

If you are in any doubt about using the techniques by yourself, please consult a qualified EFT practitioner alongside working through these sheets. I will not, and cannot, take any responsibility for how you apply the techniques either to yourself, friends or family. EFT is not designed to replace any appropriate medical treatment or advice.

Kokura

After sifting the wheat from the chaff, a qualified EFT practitioner I found online is Sarah Holland. She blends genuine empathy along with super effective EFT support to work through the emotions & bring crystal clear focus & happiness back to your fertility journey. She has more than 15 years of experience. Her website is here. Fertile Mindset — support and peace of mind on your journey to parenthood

Her self-help fertility videos can be found here Fertile Mindset TV.

If you like her to work with you, it can be done via telephone or Skype. Please note that I am not related to her in any way & am not receiving any financial incentives for writing about her.. I am doing this out of goodwill. If only I had known more about the power of the mind while trying to conceive since 2008.........

Kokura

Hey ladies, Sarah Holland, Fertility EFT Coach & Founder of Fertile Mindset, will be sharing a FREE webinar teaching you proven techniques to reduce stress and create a truly positive mindset to support your fertilty.

The last time she ran this free online training, over 1,000 people took part and learned how to take back control of the emotions of their fertility journey and boost their chances of success.

You are invited to join her at her next fertility training webinar 'Supercharge Your Fertilty with EFT!' taking place online on Thursday 12th November.
>> Click here to register your free place now <<

This 90 minute webinar alone will be a powerful experience and give you tools to significantly transform your fertility journey straightaway.

Plus during the webinar she'll be opening the doors again to her amazing C.A.L.M. fertility support program with an extremely special offer exclusively for those who register for the webinar.
>> Click here to register your free place now <<

Who is 'Supercharge Your Fertility with EFT!' for?

- If you're trying to conceive alongside fertility challenges and want to say "ENOUGH!" to stress, this is for you.
- If you feel confused about your fertility treatment options and are scared of choosing the "wrong" path, this is for you.
- If you're worried about the impact of stress on your fertility and want to reverse its effect, this is for you.
- If you're curious to discover how emotional blocks to conception could be a factor, and want to inject some magic into your fertility journey, this is for you!

Click here to register: >> https://fertilemindset.leadpages.co/supercharge-12th-nov-2015 <<

This webinar will be 100% LIVE so by registering you'll have the chance to ask her questions LIVE too!

Kokura

What’s your Vitamin D level like and is it important to your fertility?
Our modern lifestyles can mean that we don’t get outside as often as we should or would like to.
Sun exposure is the best way to optimise your Vitamin D levels; this has a positive effect on your fertility and can increase your chances of conception.
On Thursday, Andrew Loosely, Chinese Medicine Fertility expert and Angela Heap, Fertility Nutritionist are hosting a special Fertility Question Time on The Importance of Vitamin D For Your Fertility.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER YOUR FREE PLACE NOW
Join them as they explain:

• Why Vitamin D is essential for both female and male fertility
  • The link between Vitamin D deficiency and infertility
  • How Vitamin D can improve your chances of successful conception and the additional benefits it offers during pregnancy
  • The best sources of Vitamin D
They will also be answering lots of questions during the talk too, so register here and send your question in now, and make sure you join them LIVE!