Need recommendation

Autum

Sure, will PM you her contact. Before pregnant, i am loosing tons strands of hair everyday. Cos i have long hair, it's as if I have illness like that cos everyday can see the bathroom outlet fill with my hair. However, strange thing, during my confinement, ppl also say sure drop lots of hair but I did not. Surely less than 5 strands per day.

Yes, my bb 3 months but he already starts to gurgle and join in adult's conversation and even shout for attention sometimes. I realised I have more hair fall, say only 10 the most? but definitely not like before pregnancy. Maybe due to the confinement period, I take good stuff and follow my CL instruction. She boil me something that helps to control hair fall. Instead, now my hair have more volume than before (cos more hair!!!). Even lashes and eyebrows, last time need to draw brows and lashes like dont have like that. Now so much better than last time. :) I have lots of compliment now that i look better than before birth.

Therefore, mummies, you gals need to take good care during confinement! Get a good confinement lady to help you nourish back! :)

It really fortunate for u to cross path with such a wonderful lady. May i have her contact as well, thks a million.

BTW, do take note hair loss issue are usually more serious during month 4 after childbirth, while the old wives' tales would refer this as the period when your lovely little one start to gurgle " ma ma....ma....ma" u will then start to notice lot of hair at your bathroom outlet. Though is a natural process, which such hair loss is due to hormone changes, you may still wanna do something or take some tonic stuffs during this period as to not allowing the progression to get out of hand.

noelle118

Dear Mummys,

If you are looking for a good confinement lady out there. Pls be aware that not all posting you find in the forum are true experience or geniune referals. Some of them are just ads place up by the CL friends or relatives in Singapore. I only came to find out after i link up with a few mummys on the forum who have also fell in the same posting! I learn from lesson and i wish to share some info with you. Firstly, pls becareful of the following CL that i have come across. Pls look out for the following CL if you ever see them on the forum;

1) Auntie Yue Fen (JB-Kluang)
- Highly recommended in Mummy Sg and some other forums. Refered by a lady called Sarina. She made similar posting everywhere on a few forum. Generic posting word-forword and i should have suspected something. But I was so convince of the posting and i booked her service at S$2,000 in Nov 2010 and after that she switch off her phone and remain uncontactable. Until 1 month before my EDD in Feb 2011 then she picks up and says she has accepted another job and cannot rememeber me as well. She then asked if i want to pay her higher than S$2000. Of course i drop her service immediately.

2) Auntie Gui Qin (JB-Muar)
Also highly recommended on a few forum. I Enagage her service 1 month before EDD and she asked for $200 Deposit and i paid $100 cash instead. 2 weeks before my EDD she called and say she need some urgent operation and cannot work. She also cannot refund my deposit and she will ask her friend to stand in. Otherwise, the refund she will keep. No choice, i took her friend, which is the next CL.

3) Auntie Bao Lian (JB-Muar)
No knowledge of anything except old school child raising, lazy and stuck-up. Handle baby poorly. cannot cook much and is also not hygiene at all. Never use all Philips Avent products before and is very forceful with infants. We have to monitor and guide her every day and each time baby cries. Lond story short, cannot make it at all. One incident, my son nearly suffocated at nite due to her carelessness.

Pls do not hesistate to screen a few more CL if you find an posting on a confinement lady too good to be true. No offence to anyone, but it may be just another spam advertisement by the CL relative or friend pose as a forum user.

Few tips;
a) Do not hand out any deposit to any CL if you are unsure. If really have to, give them a post dated cheque so it is only valid after that. There is NO GAURANTEE that even the best CL will turn up! It should still be a mutual trust since there is no written agreement. So why trap yourself to a possible situation of non-refunadable deposit?

b) Be suspicious of a spam ad if you find similar posting word for word about a CL on the forum. Who is so free to post similar ads on each and every forum, except spamers!

c) Never be too afriad to ask the CL how to cook or test their knowledge based on today's child care information. If they refuse to answer you, they may be just complacent CL which you will have a hard time in return.

d) Do not hesistate to terminate their services if you find them unacceptable after 2 weeks, your child is at stake. There is always a confinement agency or day time agency.

e) Never fall for price war if your CL tells you that people offer them higher and hinted you to do so. You can always say someone offered you lower as well.

Last but not least, try to have your in-law or someone elder in the house with the CL and you. The CL will not try to pull a fast one on you, especially if this is your first child.

Good luck to all!

Noelle

Autum

Saw Noelle's posting... Well, its good and impt for mummies to screen through the CL before engaging. Meet up with the CL if possible - That's what my CL did. She will meet up with the mummy first before she accept the deposit.

Mummies out there, please be sure that the CL i recommended are my true experiences and sincerely recommending to mummies who is looking for a good confinement lady. AND i only recommend the CL that do for me. So if she cant help you to do confinement and introduce someone else, you may want to be vary and check it out first. Dont get conned. Get their ID details before giving deposit. That's what I did. :)

Cheers!

noelle118

Saw Noelle's posting... Well, its good and impt for mummies to screen through the CL before engaging. Meet up with the CL if possible - That's what my CL did. She will meet up with the mummy first before she accept the deposit.

Mummies out there, please be sure that the CL i recommended are my true experiences and sincerely recommending to mummies who is looking for a good confinement lady. AND i only recommend the CL that do for me. So if she cant help you to do confinement and introduce someone else, you may want to be vary and check it out first. Dont get conned. Get their ID details before giving deposit. That's what I did. :)

Cheers!

Hi Autum,

I agree totally with you. we cannot based everything on trust and first impression with the CL during deposit. I have paid my deposit earlier in cash without any ID as the CL refuse to give me her ID details and says that this is not the practice as CL believes in Trust.....etc..

Your CL seems to be quite good for you and I would have approach you for your CL if i have not made one big round ended up with a bad experience. Hope more useful posting appear here, to rid out the bad CL and prevent the future mummys from getting "Con" by the bad CL's.

Cheerzzz.

Noelle

p3pp3r

Hi autumn, thks i got ur pm.. I call her n thru conversation thk tat ur cl is really good n responsible, as i m due in early sep, becoz she already took up aug case n dare not take mine becoz fear of any conflicts with the aug one becoz she cannot guarrantee of unforesee circumtances especially with mommy n new bb so she offer me her friend to help me for the first two weeks and she continue the next two. She will call me back again after checking whether her friend is available or not.. Hehehe.. If fact i do hope she is able to finish on time n help me since my edd is actually in the midst of sep but becoz my #1 is borned early so i forsee tis to be early as well.. Anyway still thks so much for ur recommendation..:)

Hi all,

First time preg.. could you kindly pm me the contact no and charges for good confinement lady? Thank you

I'm living with my in-laws and do not have extra room for the CL. Is this an issue? Thanks =)

Cheers

Autum

I see... Actually I have experienced the same situation as you in the first place before I met my CL. I asked for ID but they refused to give. So i find another one which then found my CL. I asked my CL why they refused to give mummy their ID. My CL said its becos they come and do confinement for mummies, our govt does not know. What if the mummies is sort from agencies or those officer to catch these CL without proper working permit? So, they also have their concern also... :) Mummies can apply working permit for CL but.... mummies will need to pay the fees and do lots of paper work etc... CL also want less procedure. :)

I even called up one CL and encounter bad attitude. She asked for "step in to the house" ang bao and "leave the house" ang bao and set a amont for these ang bao $100 each. WTH.... Isit that the custom of ang bao is up to us to decide and not them? In this case if example they are charging $2200, we should minus off $200 cos we give the ang bao $ they set? And this is not what they meant loh! So piss off and I immediately say, you can jolly well find another mummy ba.

For my CL, i only give $28 each for custom purposes. She didnt even asked for it and still say no need. And what I am impressed about is that she pack a $30 ang bao in my baby swaddle before she left. She said she did this for all baby for "ping an, ji li" purposes. When she is in SG, while she visited the mummies that she will be confinement and get deposit, she still remember to give me a call to ask how is my baby. That is why I am sincerely recommending her. :)

Hi Autum,

I agree totally with you. we cannot based everything on trust and first impression with the CL during deposit. I have paid my deposit earlier in cash without any ID as the CL refuse to give me her ID details and says that this is not the practice as CL believes in Trust.....etc..

Your CL seems to be quite good for you and I would have approach you for your CL if i have not made one big round ended up with a bad experience. Hope more useful posting appear here, to rid out the bad CL and prevent the future mummys from getting "Con" by the bad CL's.

Cheerzzz.

Noelle

pinky.oink

Hi Autum,

Could you pls pm me the confinement lady contact as I'm currently sourcing for one who is good and reliable..

Thank you
Pat

pipilili

hi all,
I will be using Autum's CL. Although haven't start yet, I got high epxectation of Autum's CL already.

Just hope everything will be ok and her CL will be able to teach me alot of stuff regarding handling newborn.

Autum

You are most welcome. Wow... Didn't know she already booked till Aug. The last I heard from her she is taken up for June. :) hopefully she can do for you! :)

Hi autumn, thks i got ur pm.. I call her n thru conversation thk tat ur cl is really good n responsible, as i m due in early sep, becoz she already took up aug case n dare not take mine becoz fear of any conflicts with the aug one becoz she cannot guarrantee of unforesee circumtances especially with mommy n new bb so she offer me her friend to help me for the first two weeks and she continue the next two. She will call me back again after checking whether her friend is available or not.. Hehehe.. If fact i do hope she is able to finish on time n help me since my edd is actually in the midst of sep but becoz my #1 is borned early so i forsee tis to be early as well.. Anyway still thks so much for ur recommendation..:)

gwenn

Hi Mummies,

If you need a confinement lady after June 2011, you can try my current confinement lady. Both my husband and I are very thankful that we have gotten her.

She has really been a great help. She takes the initiative to do most of the chores without me having to remind her. She cooks well and dont't mind cooking extra for my husband or mum or mother in law when they visit. She also does my husband and my laundry on her own accord and painstakingly hand wash the baby's clothes cos she says its a waste of water to use the washing machine. Plus, she does light household chores on her own accord and cleans and mops the kitchen after cooking.

Most importantly, she respects my decisions and always asks how I would like to handle my baby. When asked, she will then provide advice and opinions. Unlike some confinement lady, she is not against breastfeeding and would bring the baby to you for feeding at night.

The reason why I'm "advertising" for her is because she shared that if they get cases through agency, the agency will charge them $600 agency fees! Which I feel is so unfair. So word of mouth is the best for them.

Anyway, we call her as "Lin Tai" and her singapore contact no is 84349500
Hi, does she stay in? or only certain timing like 8-6? Can speak english also? thanks..

sockkhim

Hi,
I am blessed to have good confinement lady with me, even my fussy mum-in-law is won over by her. pleasant disposition, efficient and knowledgeable in her job. extended her for another 2 weeks till mid april 2011. would like others to have a restful, relax confinement period too. email me at sockkhim@hotmail.com if you need one.

elaine01

Haha.....u should b glad even your MIL is convinced by her professionalism. Mine gave her the "die die don't want to lose" attitude. She say CL don't know know how to do confinement or not. Those food MIL thinks I can't eat, CL let me eat, etc.....MIL even criticise CL's cooking. But CL is humble, just keep quiet. MIL even tried to get her daughter to have #3. MIL say she must hire her but supervise her closely....OMG!

My dad extend her for another week so that she can teach me to bath baby after se left & how to manage the rest of the light chores with a baby when I'm home alone in the day......

Dawnyo

Hi Autum

Can you pm me ur CL contact pls? Im currently looking for a reliable one...
And after reading some of the unpleasant experience others had with their CL, i'm a little scared...
Glad u had a good CL!

cftongtan

hi all,
I will be using Autum's CL. Although have not't start yet, I got high epxectation of Autum's CL already.

Just hope everything will be ok and her CL will be able to teach me alot of stuff regarding handling newborn.

Hi all, I will be usign Autum's CL Irene too. Mine is end june baby. Hopefully all goes out well. :tlaugh: