Need recommendations for baby items!

hotmilktea

i wonder why baby high chairs are so ridiculously expensive !
over 100 + for brands like graco and lucky baby, and up to few hundreds for some other brands.

can mummy recommend a good and affordable high chair? actually is for how many months to how many yrs old that baby need high chair?

thanx thanx !

jMetta

Can get Ikea high chair + cushion. Think less than $50.

I got 1 high chair from Giant (sale item) basic no brand for $39. Serves its purpose. No need to go for brand. Just make sure got safety belt and sturdy.

gumbokins

Yes IKEA Antilop high chair is the best!! Cheap, durable, EASY TO CLEAN, stable. It costs about $30 for a full set with the table and to clean just use a rag or if it was a particularly exciting session, you can just bring the whole thing into the shower and wash it down. You see a lot of restaurants using this high chair.

Its a very basic, no frills type of high chair but serves its purpose well.

hotmilktea

thanx jmetta & gumbokins !

i am just wondering when the baby is bigger, and their tummy normally big, will the chair be ok? will it kind of "block" the tummy and make baby uncomfy? normally how old will baby stop sitting in high chairs?

marshmallows

Lucky Baby Deluxe high chair is good! Foldable, sturdy n easy to clean. Its selling $59.90 at kiddy palace (NEX) n ntuc. I even bought 2, one at my place n one at my mum's place. I managed to buy the 2nd one at 20% discount off regular price at Taime warehouse sale last weekend hehe.

My 6 mth old boy is v comfy in it. He tends to slouch to one side at the moment so I also bought the support cushion for highchairs fr ikea. Works great! I love that it's foldable :)

http://www.taime.com/taime/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=1194

Last edited:

candy_ian

Hi all,

Seem to me the more popular brand for stroller is maclauren and combi..
Anyone bought Quinny stroller or have any feedback on it? The one which you can detach the basket from the frame (sorry i dont know how to describe) and use it as a car seat too..
i must say the quinny is heavy but the stability and easy to manovere is something that really attracts me. it doesn't collpase or fall backwards like when we use our combi miracle turn n hang some stuff behind ( ligth weight items). the wheels doesn't get stuck in small gaps.
but then again i feel that it is not friendly if u r going to handle the pram alone. when my baby was little i will use the quinny only when we are driving out otherwise i will just put in the carrier when i'm out with him alone.

gumbokins

Mmm it depends on how big is big? My girl used this till she was 2+, and she's tall for her age.

Now she can sit on the adult chair already..

pehong

Hi, mommy. I agreed that the Ikea high chair is good and durable. Can I know where to buy the Baby Can read DVD ? Anybody have 2nd band want to sell away ?

jMetta

ikea chair - too fat thights may not fit as there is a plastic opening for each leg.

if you get those with belts (see the lucky baby chair pic) then perhaps can fit fatter babies (I'm not sure as my son not fat so he can fit most chairs) My chair is those you found in Jalan Kayu Roti Prata shop or some coffee shop. Its those with PVC cushion so can clean easily. Its also sold at Baby Hypermart but I'm not sure how much.

jMetta

btw, I'm selling my PL Lucky baby Easi Stroller (suitable for NB) and Infant Car Seat. Good condition esp the Stroller (used for 5 months only - selling to clear space as I got 2 stroller). Will be putting up a thread in want to sell. Interested mummies, please contact me. Thanks

pehong

I agreed. Need to see kids size while buying the high chair, my kid is small size. I let him sit while turn 9mths on Ikea chair.

I am clearing my house space , anybody interested , please refer to Flickr: pehong.pehong's Photostream. All let go at 50% discount on stated price. Buyer pay postage.

Mrs December

btw, I'm selling my PL Lucky baby Easi Stroller (suitable for NB) and Infant Car Seat. Good condition esp the Stroller (used for 5 months only - selling to clear space as I got 2 stroller). Will be putting up a thread in want to sell. Interested mummies, please contact me. Thanks
How much are you selling the Infant Car Seat and till which age can my little one fit? (Just in case my elder daughter decided to sit instead of my newborn).

Mummy to Baby V

thanx jmetta & gumbokins !

i am just wondering when the baby is bigger, and their tummy normally big, will the chair be ok? will it kind of "block" the tummy and make baby uncomfy? normally how old will baby stop sitting in high chairs?
We got a Chicco highchair but I don't like it. Too bulky and hard to clean.

Then got a Fisher Price portable booster seat. Loves it! My chubby 2+ year old still uses it. I only let him eat in high chair for better discipline, no chance of running away. Useful for bringing to relatives or friends place without high chair too. I also bring it when eating out when I know the place doesn't have good or suitable high chairs.

Review at Review: Fisher-Price Healthy Care

hotmilktea

yes ! i read ur review on the fisher price, and i tot it looks really cute too :)
if the baby fidget, or gets 'excited' on the chair, will it topple over? if everything is safe, i will just get this one. seen too many until i am tired already!

We got a Chicco highchair but I don't like it. Too bulky and hard to clean.

Then got a Fisher Price portable booster seat. Loves it! My chubby 2+ year old still uses it. I only let him eat in high chair for better discipline, no chance of running away. Useful for bringing to relatives or friends place without high chair too. I also bring it when eating out when I know the place doesn't have good or suitable high chairs.

Review at Review: Fisher-Price Healthy Care

Mummy to Baby V

yes ! i read ur review on the fisher price, and i tot it looks really cute too :)
if the baby fidget, or gets 'excited' on the chair, will it topple over? if everything is safe, i will just get this one. seen too many until i am tired already!
Just make sure the straps are tight around the back and base of the adult chair. So far, so good after 1 year with my boy. :)

marshmallows

Hey I'm selling my Fisherprice booster seat. Baby tried sitting a few times on it only. Very new n comes with box. Let me know if u interested k :)

U can visit this thread here:
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f100/want-sell-fisherprice-booster-seat-pigeon-bottles-baby-carriers-66156/

lyra

Is steam sterilizer an essential? I hope to buy one from the Phillips sale but not sure whether I shd spend $ on it...